Krakaz

Forever Krakaz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a Issue with a custom action sequence essentially its a 6 strike attack, the motions work when i test it without adding an animation or damage calculation. but when i add a base animation and damage it gives me this error.sorry for the length of the action.any clue where I've gone wrong.

<target action>

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0, 20

wait: 1

move user: target, back base, 5

wait for movement

motion attack: user

face user: target

action animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

wait: 10

move user: target, front, 5

wait for movement

wait for animation

action effect

move user: target, back center, 5

wait for animation

action effect

move user: target, back head, 5

wait for animation

action effect

move user: target, front head, 5

action effect

move user: target, front center, 5

wait for animatiom

action effect

reset camera: 10

move user: home

face user: forward

wait for movement

<follow action>

opacity not focus: 100%,60

wait for opacity

show battle hud

</follow action>

Attachments

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a Issue with a custom action sequence essentially its a 6 strike attack, the motions work when i test it without adding an animation or damage calculation. but when i add a base animation and damage it gives me this error.sorry for the length of the action.any clue where I've gone wrong.
</follow action>
You don't have a </target action> ending in there at all, lol. So that might be why.

Krakaz

Forever Krakaz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i slapped a </target action> end into the fray but still came back with the type error height of undefined at sprite_animation.updateSvePosition i'll keep working on it and see what subsection its error'ing at...hmm just tested a base attack and gave the same error so ill try this on a unaltered test and see if that was the issue.

EDIT: it was the save file not the script,worked fine on the main test

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i slapped a </target action> end into the fray but still came back with the type error height of undefined at sprite_animation.updateSvePosition i'll keep working on it and see what subsection its error'ing at...hmm just tested a base attack and gave the same error so ill try this on a unaltered test and see if that was the issue.

Yeah it might be an issue with your plugins or files if base attack gives you such an error. Also not sure if you know, but if it's taking too much room in your notebox to edit action sequences, you don't need a blank space in between each command! It'll cut down on some scrolling/reading time.

Krakaz

Forever Krakaz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry bout the epic read, yea the multi action sequences are a mission to scroll through. if i post anymore i'll make sure there condensed as much as possible to save eye time for those who answer. that one was derived from i believe @Jetan omnislash,now that one works how i think it should. Time to alter around with the caster ones from @Fernyfer775 to neaten up my action lists.
thanks for info I've got a long way to go.

SuperMachoMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to have a single sequence use the action effects of different skills? I am wanting to have a double-hit skill where each hit of the two hits has its own element, damage, and possible status infliction.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to have a single sequence use the action effects of different skills? I am wanting to have a double-hit skill where each hit of the two hits has its own element, damage, and possible status infliction.
In the instructions for the first action sequence plugin, there are commands you can use like "add state: x" atleast for states. For damage it might get a little bit tricky.

For adding states though, it would be useful to add if and then statements into the action sequences. Otherwise you'll run into an issue, where whether or not a move hits, the state will always be applied.

Craig

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have my normal attack skill set up like most people like it. Melee fighters go up to the target and attack, while ranged fighters stay put and attack from afar. I have my action sequence set for the melee fighters to move to the FRONT BASE of the target, because that is what I like the look of best. HOWEVER, my question is this. I have a few very large enemies that the player encounters. For these enemies, the FRONT BASE destination is almost off screen. Is there any way to set a custom target point for specific enemies? Does that make any sense?

Krakaz

Forever Krakaz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that makes sense I'd suggest changing the offset for the attack to a positive y position but that would make all other melee attacks seem as if they're attacking from front center using some basic script I'd presume ( I'm still a noob with scripting ) attack could have a
if.targetEnemy =(boss) then move Actor to front center, else move Actor front base. I Doubt that helped any but ill play around with that and see if i can make something work for you.

Edit: I Cant figure how to specify the exact enemy but that did work for changing the attacking position from my default front to either center or base altho the else didn't work for me either part would move the melee attacker to a different set position.good luck on your project mate if i figure out anything more i'll post again
<Custom Apply Effect>
if (target.isEnemy() ) {
move.Actor() Front Center ;
else
if (target.isEnemy() )
move.Actor() Front Base
}
</Custom Apply Effect>

Last edited:

Krakaz

Forever Krakaz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ignore that post it wasn't doing any checks.it was just offset from my normal action sequence.

Animator111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is so much information on several matters of the sort you just don't know where to begin. It is true that many times while working on a project unexpected things pop. So good to see people care to share this knowledge, really saves the day! :wink:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
<target action>
motion swing: user
attack animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
death break
if user.agi >= target.agi + 5
motion thrust: user
wait: 15
attack animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>
Basically if the first attack kills, the target action should end but it doesn't.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm using Yanfly's Premade Jump Animation for Dragoon Style Jump.

I'm running into a bug however, when using it with STB.

When using DTB the skill(s) work fine but when trying it on STB the game fails to register victory when no enemies are left.
Is there an incompatibility for STB these days? Since I read it's no longer supported.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question: Is there any way to use projectiles in a sequence? Like a fire orb flying towards the target?

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick question: Is there any way to use projectiles in a sequence? Like a fire orb flying towards the target?
ANIMATION X: target

where X is the database number of the animation created of the fire orb. Then you can use:

ACTION EFFECT: target

to inflict the effect (damage, ect).

And if you do this:

It will fire 3 of those fire orbs and deal the damage three times after each one lands. However I believe it will come out to fast to see all three. So you may need to throw in some wait commands:

WAIT FOR ANIMATION
WAIT FOR ANIMATION
WAIT FOR ANIMATION

Also note that the damage done will be the damage formula for the skill for each Action Effect. If you have say 5 of them, it will do that damage 5 times. I'm not 100% sure if it calculates hit chance for each one or just the first strike. Someone else might be able to comment on that.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

where X is the database number of the animation created of the fire orb. Then you can use:

to inflict the effect (damage, ect).

And if you do this:

It will fire 3 of those fire orbs and deal the damage three times after each one lands. However I believe it will come out to fast to see all three. So you may need to throw in some wait commands:

WAIT FOR ANIMATION
WAIT FOR ANIMATION
WAIT FOR ANIMATION

Also note that the damage done will be the damage formula for the skill for each Action Effect. If you have say 5 of them, it will do that damage 5 times. I'm not 100% sure if it calculates hit chance for each one or just the first strike. Someone else might be able to comment on that.
But this won't be actually like a projectile, right? By "projectile" I ment the animation starts at the user and then moves towards the target, instead of just showing the hit animation on the target.

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But this won't be actually like a projectile, right? By "projectile" I ment the animation starts at the user and then moves towards the target, instead of just showing the hit animation on the target.
I've been trying to figure out how to make it work and best I've come up with is getting the animation to start as far to the 'right' (when used against players it mirrors) as possible and then fly to the center of the target. It looks good, but not 100% what you're asking for.

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to figure out how to make it work and best I've come up with is getting the animation to start as far to the 'right' (when used against players it mirrors) as possible and then fly to the center of the target. It looks good, but not 100% what you're asking for.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to try this. But I think this is something yanfly's plugin lacks. Maybe I'll try writing an extension soon. :)

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just adding on to the post about projectiles:

You can also use camera tricks to make the illusion of a projectile being summoned from a user and then hitting a target. Only downside is that you'd have to make your own animations for both the user and the enemy to create the illusion. If you're someone who loves guns/grenades/blowing things up with energy blasts and laser beams, I think this might help. Here's some examples I've done for my game:

(Let me know if you need any further help setting up your own gun/grenade animations)

I'm only going to share the bomb since it's relatively closest to being a true projectile:
Code:
<setup action>
ZOOM: 200%, 60
CAMERA FOCUS: user
display action
immortal: targets, true
perform start
wait for movement
SE: shadow_jump, 100, 100, 0
jump user: 120%, 30
FACE user: target
MOTION ITEM: user
animation 249: user
CAMERA FOCUS: target, FRONT BASE, 20
wait for movement
wait: 20
</setup action>

<target action>
FACE target: FORWARD
animation 251: target
action effect: enemies
MOVE target: BACKWARD, 10, 2
FACE target: FORWARD
wait: 30
death break
immortal: targets, false
</target action>

<finish action>
clear battle log
move user: return, 30
jump user: 100%, 30
perform finish
wait for movement
</finish action>

There's also this one who pretty much nailed the illusion by exploiting movement/opacity:
The projectile is an animation coming from the character. When making the animation, make sure that the projectile is being ejected from the center of the actor to the left of the screen. Having a sideview actor as a test monster in the animations tab will help a lot!

The code is below: I pretty much edited his line of code to be a bit more polished. Credit goes to Sir Applelot for the original code.
Code:
<setup action>
immortal target: true
display action
<\setup action>

<target action>
camera focus: user, 1
zoom: 160%, 20
animation 152: user
opacity target: 0, 1
move target: forward, 200, 1
motion evade: user
jump user: 120%, 30
move user: target, front base, 30
move target: backward, 200, 1
face user: forward
face target: home
opacity target: 255, 1
zoom: 110%, 10
animation 134: user, mirror
camera focus: target, 20
wait: 40
animation 135: target
wait: 40
action effect
death break
</target action>

<follow action>
clear battle log
move user: return, 30
jump user: 100%, 30
perform finish
wait for movement
</follow action>

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since Death Break doesn't work. How can I skip part of a two-hit attack if the first one kills the target?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.
Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.
Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zths