GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way making a "jump" effect that waits in the air until I finish showing a animation and only than the target starts falling? Was thinking about move upward but such command dont exist and move to point wont work if i have enemies placed in different locations.

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Code:
custom motion drawsword: user, no weapon
wait: 60
custom motion swingsword: user, no weapon
wait for movement
I'm using this in conjunction with the YED plugin in order to use multiple frames per actor.
But seems I can't concatenate two motions (one motion after another) using wait for movement command. Is this normal? Should I be able to use only a single motion?
The only "hack" is to add a wait: 60 to force it wait for the length of the first animation.

Another question, is it possible to freeze an animation once is finished at the last frame? I don't want to loop, or to be reset to the default walk/wait animation once the animation I want is finished.

Example:
First I want to use some animation like drawsword in the <setup action> tags:
Code:
<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
immortal: targets, true
custom motion drawsword: user, no weapon
wait: 60
</setup action>
Next... I want to move to the target and do the attack:
Code:
<target action>
move user: target, back base
face user: away from target
custom motion swingsword: user, no weapon
wait for animation
wait for movement
</target action>
However... after motion drawsword, when asking to move user to the target, it reverts back to the walk/idle animation instead of keeping the drawsword pose. Any way I can accomplish that?

ntoh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
i have a question and apologize for my bad english ..

I have watched a video recently

and would like to know how to do such a technique, it would also be cool if someone could give me such a code because that's not as good as you ..

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Guys, is there a way to use multiple weapons during an Action sequence?
Like,
motion thrust: user
motion missile: user
motion thrust: user

to make it look like a melee attack / gunshot / melee attack combo?
I can get it to work with the no weapon modifier (motion thrust: user, no weapon), but I don't want their hands to be empty.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Another question... is it possible to prevent the Hit Type: Magical Attack animation for the skills?

Can't figure out how to customize it... but I would like to either remove this entirely or set a different animation/sound on this.

I don't want to switch to Hit Type:Certain Hit because I still want this to be considered a magical hit.

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that the ripped asset is what makes it look good, but I'm still happy with the result. It will be removed before the game being published or distributed( if i ever do that). Anyway I want you to take a look and tell me what you think.

EDIT: As stated before the video used some ripped resources. To stay on legality and forum rules I just removed it.

Last edited:

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GuanyuMaker Seems like you're trying to do an ultimate attack (Something I love doing action sequences with). While You got the movement and background change (Nice touch, btw!), everything else is kind of awkward. So unfortunately, I can't "feel" the intensity of the whole action sequence altogether. That's okay, since it leaves more room for polishing.

I think it's probably because the character movement and battle animations don't resonate well. At one part, your character is moving towards the bottom right and the battle animation is going towards top right when it's supposed to be following the character's trail. All I gotta say for now is to make sure to align your animations to the sprites correctly. Also, the part where the hero slashes the enemy towards the air threw me off the most.

Overall, don't stop improving it. What I'm seeing at the moment pretty much says that the attack isn't the final product.

chocopanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just want to share the skill set of one character in my game... more to come soon..

Moonlight Cut: (as shown on the video)

<Whole action>
opacity not focus: 0
wait for opacity

jump user: 300, 48
motion attack: user
move user: target, back, 48
wait: 12

animation 352: user, mirror
opacity user: 75%
opacity user: 50%
opacity user: 25%
opacity user: 0%

wait for movement
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
wait for effect
wait for animation

opacity user: 255
wait for opacity
move user: home
face user: forward
wait for movement
opacity not focus: 255
wait for opacity

</Whole action>

<Target Action>
</Target Action>

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@chocopanda If I have understood the purpose of this thread correctly, it is to share the coding of these sequences, not simply showcase them. Perhaps you could share them?

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to make two skills. In one of them the user spins around themselves with their weapon before hitting the enemy multiple times. Is it possible to write an action sequence for something like that? The other skill is the user running into the enemy, knocking them into the air, running further and knocking them in the air again once the enemy hits the ground again. Are either of these possible? I´m rather unexperienced with action sequences...

Last edited:

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@msazako Thanks for your reply, the compliment about the background( planning on doing some speedlines there but will draw later) and your careful crticism! Yeah, still working on it. I already made the animations following the character trail, somehow i messed the animation's ID when i was writing the action sequence:rswt. About the upercut slash, do you have any tip on it? I felt the same but had no idea on how i would change it with the baisc motions. Anyway to play a reverse motion or to expand the base animatons?

@Kes Oh sorry. I know you talked to chocopanda but i think it was for me too (even not being that good), right? Felt like it was the best place to take some tips and feedback on my underwork sequence, will be careful now. :rhappy:

Last edited:

chocopanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chocopanda If I have understood the purpose of this thread correctly, it is to share the coding of these sequences, not simply showcase them. Perhaps you could share them?
Oh yeah, i'm sorry for that.. [EDITED], shared the Moonlight Cut only coz most of them are from the pre-made that was shared here...

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@chocopanda
Beautiful video and skill moves !!! :eek: I would be interested in the skill: "Heavenly Judgment" and "Gale Slash" !!! :biggrin: in particular the sequence of the transformation of "Heavenly Judgment" !!! :wink: would you like to share it ???
I find it beautiful !!! :wink::wink::wink: I would like you to post the moves set at least of the transformation sequence !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GuanyuMaker Try fiddling with the rotation/mirror options in the animations tab. And make sure to use your character as a base for making these types of animations. The "jump" particle needs to be coming from your character, not the monster.

Luxray Gaming

That one guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is weird. I have everything working except the camera stuff. Am I missing something?

<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
animation 52: user
motion skill: user
wait for animation
opacity not focus: 0%
camera focus: target
wait for camera
</setup action>

<whole action>
</whole action>

<target action>
move user: target, front base, 10
wait for movement
animation wait: 3
move user: target, back base, 12
wait for movement
motion swing: user
action animation
wait for animation
action effect
move user: target, front base, 12
wait for movement
motion swing: user
animation 6: target, mirror
wait for animation
action effect
</target action>

<follow action>

</follow action>

<finish action>
immortal: targets, false
opacity not focus: 100%
reset camera
wait for camera
wait for new line
clear battle log
perform finish
wait for movement
wait for effect
action common event
</finish action>

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm interested to know how the Gale Slash animation tracked from the character to the enemy.

I'm thinking there was an animation with reversed cells emanating from the character and then another one that picks up as normal and strikes the target?

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Taemien Most likely the case.
Seems like it was manually done with careful planning and precision (from both enemy and actor) since there are 3 separate animations for the projectile, each specializing on targets 1, 2, and 3 respectively: 1, being farther to the back, and 3, being closer to the front. The awkwardness of the movements are a dead giveaway. The downside to that is you'd have to make several animations in the case where you have a large sprite as an enemy. So unless @chocopanda is willing to share a plugin he or she used to achieve those tracking/curving projectiles with consistent animations (Since really, Yanfly Action Sequence has its limits), we're gonna have to come to a compromise:

So I replicated it (with my own little touch since it's a completely different skill), but with more versatility, as it uses the camera to possibly hide an animation's awkwardness if you end up using it for your own-- so all you have to really do is to make a projectile come out of a character, then do whatever animation you have that's coming towards an enemy:

Code:
<setup action>
display action
ZOOM: 200%, 1
CAMERA FOCUS: USER, BASE, 1
wait: 30

</setup action>

<target action>
DAMAGE RATE: 955%
ZOOM: 100%, 60
MOTION WALK: user

wait: 10
MOTION THRUST: user
animation 303: user
wait for animation

MOTION SWING: user
animation 305: user
wait for animation
animation 308: opponent 0
wait: 40

CAMERA FOCUS: opponent 0, BASE, 1

animation 289: opponent 0
action effect: opponent 0
wait: 20
ZOOM: 100%, 1
wait for animation

wait for animation
animation 307: opponent 1

CAMERA FOCUS: opponent 1, BASE, 1

animation 289: opponent 1
action effect: opponent 1
ZOOM: 100%, 1
wait for animation

wait for animation
animation 306: opponent 2

CAMERA FOCUS: opponent 2, BASE, 1

animation 289: opponent 2
action effect: opponent 2

death break
immortal: targets, false
wait for animation
wait: 70
wait: 5
</target action>

<finish action>
ZOOM: 100%, 600
clear battle log
MOTION EVADE: user
move user: return, 30
jump user: 25%, 30
MOTION EVADE: user
wait for movement
MOTION WALK: opponents
MOVE targets: HOME, 10
</finish action>
Feel free to edit the sequence to your liking.

Last edited:

Taemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@msazako

I've done camera tricks in the past since the animation area cuts off and is rather limiting. But what you've got there looks really good. Definitely gives me some good ideas.

Kupori

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, can anyone say me if there is a option to choose randomly targets for a multi hit skill?
I wanna create a Skill for an Assassin that let the Assassin jump randomly to the back of an enemy and deal dmg and this should repeated 9 times but I only found defined targets and not random option.

thanks for replays

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may be a very simple and stupid question but...How do I make actors wait between actions? Whenever I type "Wait 10/20/30/..." into the notetag the command gets ignored and they simply instantly continue with the next command. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How many Vocalist is on this forums?
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howzarion01