erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you have to turn off the immortal flag. a death break command should handle it. 

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How do I make an attack target random enemies???

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would use the default skill settings to target random enemies. What are you trying to do in particular. If you set up the skill in the database to target random, the action sequences should honor that scope.

You might need to share your skill set up in the DB, as well as the code you are using in your sequence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there,

I've made a skill that is supposed to make the user turn invisible, making them harder to hit. The skill works as I want it to; it changes the opacity of the user and sets a "Invisible" state to the user. The problem I'm having is, of course when the state wears off, I need the user to become visible again. Is there any way to achieve this?

<setup action>

display action
perform start

</setup action>

<target action>
motion abnormal: user
motion wait: user
opacity user: 20%, 60
Wait for opacity
add state 19: user, show
death break

</target action>

Alluria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello, i am making a game for nearly more than 8 months and is finally ready, but i have one last thing and a crucial problem to solve,

i am not good with action sequences (animations are finished), and this is the last thing i have to do so i can test the game and finish the project.

So here is the deal, can someone with good will, do the sequence actions of the main characters for me?

The compensation i can certainly give is a free copy of the game when it launchs on steam, and of course a mention and thanks in the game credits.

Reaction score
First Language
English
In the skill itself, under "Skill Type" if it's a Magic or Skill type and in your system settings, you have either of those two listed in the top right hand corner under [sV] Magic Skills then the little magic casting animation will play.
Thank you so much for this! I'm creating a summon and was desperate for my battler to start chanting right from the off and this totally works

Reaction score
First Language
English
Here's a small preview of some of the abilities I've come up with in my game. I'm getting the hang of this whole action sequence thing! :D

If anybody wants some tips on how to create sequences, feel free to ask, I am having a blast with these!
I was wondering how you called your "Passives" in that video. :) I really like your system.

Alluria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
So, my skills have voice acting, and some of the skills have a phrase before the animation actually start, i don't know how to make the sequences begin after these few seconds when the skill really begin.

Someone can help me?

Snuffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The new updates today should have fixed it: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/24/plugin-bugfixes-round-2/

Give those a shot to see if the crashes still happen. It should be removed. :)

Anyway, here's a new action sequence for you guys. You can use it with your Attack skill. It will detect if the user is using a melee type attack (thrust or swing) or a ranged attack (missile) and either run up close to attack or shoot the enemy from afar:

<setup action>display actionimmortal: targets, true</setup action><target action>if user.attackMotion() !== 'missile' move user: targets, front, 20else perform startendwait for movementmotion attack: userwait: 10attack animation: targetwait for animationaction effect</target action>Have fun!
If the player has no weapon equipped, doesnt he use the "missile" motion for punching?  Which in this case, he would punch from far away due to code thinking he is using a ranged attack.. 

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering how you called your "Passives" in that video. :) I really like your system.
Do you mean, the ones like "Smite's Blessing" and "Wyvern's Call"?

I used the action sequences to call a common event.

Here's how I did it via screenshot:

First I created the skill, and at the end of the action sequence, I had it call a common event.

pic1.png

The common event then "rolls a dice" to decide if Luna get's the "Wyvern's Call" buff or not. Since it's a 40% chance, that's what that variable in this picture is depicting. I also made it so that the message explaining what the buff is only shows up the 1st time, and not everytime she uses the skill, that way the player isn't spammed with it over and over. At the end of it, you'll notice the "Force Action: Luna, Wyvern's Call, Last Target" - which is calling another ability to be played on Luna.

pic2.png

The ability plays an animation on Luna, signifying the buff being placed on her, and the ability also adds the actual state: "Wyvern's Call"

pic3.png

Last, but not least, here is the state itself, which adds 10% to Luna's Attack and 10% to her Crit chance for 3-4 turns.

pic4.png
@Sindaine: The only method I can think of is to make have a troop event check every turn to see if the player is affected with the state or not, and then have it react accordingly. Other than that, I don't really know of any way to do accomplish what you're aiming for.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Edit: Double post -.-

OtakuD50

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way I can use this plugin to make a skill check if the target has a specific state and only take effect if that state is present (and miss if not)?  For instance, I have several skills that are designed as "ground-based," and flying enemies are immune to them.  I could handle this by creating a lot of extra element and state types (fire, fire-ground, water, water-ground), but that would just create an exponential amount of work for me and the end effect wouldn't be as clean as I'd like.

I'm thinking of something like

if target flying

miss break

else

normal effect

Which seems like it should be simple enough, but I just can't find the calls I'd need to pull it off.

Edit: Found the answer to checking states in another topic, but now I can't figure out how to cause a miss.

Edit 2: State-checking works fine when targeting a specific enemy, but the same process doesn't work at all when using a skill that affects all enemies.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
So everyone is sharing their own action sequences. I think I'll share mine... It's a simple skill that will double cast if the user is applied with a double cast state. Although the state itself only has the name, priority and icon that is set. No other plugins.

<target action>perform actionaction animationwait for animationaction effect: targetif user.states().indexOf($dataStates[22]) >= 0action animationwait for animationaction effect: targetend</target action>For all unit target scope ("all enemies" or "all allies"), just change <target action> to <whole action> in both the top and bottom.

If the player has no weapon equipped, doesnt he use the "missile" motion for punching?
He uses "thrust" motion for punching (by default).

OtakuD50

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sweet, I managed to pull off a simple version of what I wanted after some trial and error.

Basically, I was testing out an earthquake spell that wouldn't affect flying (state-based) enemies.

<whole action>action animationwait for animation</whole action><target action>if target.isStateAffected(x)elseaction effectend</target action><follow action></follow action>My problem was trying to only work with one sequence.  I had to introduce the sequences I wasn't working with to overwrite their usual functions (so things like playing animations or dealing damage didn't occur twice).  I just wish I knew how to make a "miss" effect instead of nothing popping up for the unaffected enemy though.

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you mean, the ones like "Smite's Blessing" and "Wyvern's Call"?

I used the action sequences to call a common event.

Here's how I did it via screenshot:

First I created the skill, and at the end of the action sequence, I had it call a common event.

pic1.png

The common event then "rolls a dice" to decide if Luna get's the "Wyvern's Call" buff or not. Since it's a 40% chance, that's what that variable in this picture is depicting. I also made it so that the message explaining what the buff is only shows up the 1st time, and not everytime she uses the skill, that way the player isn't spammed with it over and over. At the end of it, you'll notice the "Force Action: Luna, Wyvern's Call, Last Target" - which is calling another ability to be played on Luna.

pic2.png

The ability plays an animation on Luna, signifying the buff being placed on her, and the ability also adds the actual state: "Wyvern's Call"

pic3.png

Last, but not least, here is the state itself, which adds 10% to Luna's Attack and 10% to her Crit chance for 3-4 turns.

pic4.png
@Sindaine: The only method I can think of is to make have a troop event check every turn to see if the player is affected with the state or not, and then have it react accordingly. Other than that, I don't really know of any way to do accomplish what you're aiming for.
Hey,

Thanks again for the help. Using another plugin that enables you to make one troop event to affect all enemies might be my way to go with it. Thanks for the help. Maybe Yanfly will make a plugin at some point so that states could be note-tagged to react with the action sequences. That would be awesome!

Thanks again,

Sindaine

Eisenwain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Fernyfer775: That might actually be a good idea. It's a summon, so that would probably make more sense anyways. Got it to work! :D Thanks man.
How you did that? im trying to do the same thing

Njalm2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hello there, so, I've wanted to see if it's possible to add some extra spice to magic in terms of all this. In particular would I enjoy seeing if it's possible to create a quintessential "fireball" spell. Where the caster generates a magical ball and hurls it towards their opponent.

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a good thread, but eventually it'll be fairly hard to find any pre-made action scripts within it...  May I suggest starting a master list of all the submitted action scripts, assuming there are any... It is after all one of the alleged purposes of this thread.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hello there, so, I've wanted to see if it's possible to add some extra spice to magic in terms of all this. In particular would I enjoy seeing if it's possible to create a quintessential "fireball" spell. Where the caster generates a magical ball and hurls it towards their opponent.
I myself was wondering if there was a way to do 'missiles' like this, starting at the caster and moving to the target.

This is a good thread, but eventually it'll be fairly hard to find any pre-made action scripts within it...  May I suggest starting a master list of all the submitted action scripts, assuming there are any... It is after all one of the alleged purposes of this thread.
I already linked a few at the bottom of the OP, I'll have to go through and add a few more when I have a chance.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Hi all

I know this sounds stupid, but this is going to be the first time for me to learn how to use your action sequence plugin:D.

I put these codes into Skill 01: Attack notes form and it does nothing during battletest

<setup action>
MOVE user: target, front center, 60
</setup action>

What do I do wrong there?

And then, if I want it so that the code above to work when the user use certain weapon only, how do I do that?

eg.

I want it so that if you use melee weapon such as sword, fist, etc the character moves to the target's front center before casting attack animation, but when you use ranged weapon such as gun, etc the character move forward a bit and cast attack animation (like usual)

Thanks~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
    Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".
    My tutor has been furloughed for 8 weeks. If we are too... sucks, but it's a lot of game making time...
    Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
    GOOOOD MOOORNING!
    APRIL WILL BE BETTER!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sokka