msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Captain_Joshua You need to be precise with the command. Think of it as being "grammatically correct".

The whole code should be "wait: 30" (without quotes). I don't know if capitalization matters, but the colon and the space after the colon is VERY IMPORTANT.

Edit: ninja'd lmao

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

I am trying to create an action sequence where my character attacks a random number of enemies based on amount of TP. The amount of TP can only be between 0 and 3, and I would like it so that when the character has 1 TP, they attack 2 random enemies, 2 TP is 3 random enemies and 3 TP is 4 random enemies. I am having some trouble figuring this out.

The closest I could get was this, using Action Sequnce Loops by Bibek https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/action-sequence-loops-1-10.79043/ but it only returns an error. The cost is 1 TP and the scope is 1 Random Enemy:

<target action>

var tp = user.tp + 2

while tp > 0

CAMERA FOCUS: target, CENTER

zoom: 105%

JUMP user: 50%

MOVE user: target, FRONT BASE

wait for movement

FACE user: target

MOTION attack: user

ATTACK ANIMATION: target

WAIT FOR ANIMATION

ACTION effect: target

DEATH BREAK

PERFORM FINISH

tp -= 1

end while

</target action>

Please help!

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@chocopanda
Beautiful video and skill moves !!! :eek: I would be interested in the skill: "Heavenly Judgment" and "Gale Slash" !!! :biggrin: in particular the sequence of the transformation of "Heavenly Judgment" !!! :wink: would you like to share it ???
I find it beautiful !!! :wink::wink::wink: I would like you to post the moves set at least of the transformation sequence !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
BUMP!

chocopanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested to know how the Gale Slash animation tracked from the character to the enemy.

I'm thinking there was an animation with reversed cells emanating from the character and then another one that picks up as normal and strikes the target?
The "Gale Slash" uses a plugin called "MoveAnime2" from this website https://tm.lucky-duet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1145

chocopanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chocopanda
Beautiful video and skill moves !!! :eek: I would be interested in the skill: "Heavenly Judgment" and "Gale Slash" !!! :biggrin: in particular the sequence of the transformation of "Heavenly Judgment" !!! :wink: would you like to share it ???
I find it beautiful !!! :wink::wink::wink: I would like you to post the moves set at least of the transformation sequence !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
For sure..

"GALE SLASH" (it uses a plugin called "MoveAnime2" so if you don't have it, it wont work and you need to manually create a common event for it)

<whole action>

immortal: targets, true

opacity not focus: 0

wait for opacity

<target action>

motion attack: user

jump user: 100, 15

wait: 12

common event: 91

attack animation 356: targets

wait: 15

action effect

</target action>

<follow action>

immortal: targets, false

opacity not focus: 255

wait for opacity

</follow action>

</whole action>

for the heavenly judgement transformation, i just used the transformation power up trick from Yanfly's tips and tricks videos..

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just made a breakthrough recently:

It's a really complicated Action Sequence since it requires you to have the 1st character in the Character database and the current user to be in your party, but with enough patience, you can achieve it.

For those who are wondering how I achieved the red background with the characters being silhouettes, I simply used an animation that has 30 frames, and 200 frames of changing the target's tint to (0,0,0,0). There's also a common event that switches the background to a full red color, then switches it back. Timing should be your top priority when executing this.

That said, I'm only going to share my code to achieve the red backdrop and the silhouettes:

Code:
<target action>
Fade out: 5
wait: 5
MOVE character 1: POINT, 1152, 0, 1
MOVE target: POINT, 550, 320, 1
MOVE user: POINT, 0, 0, 1
OPACITY user: 0%, 1
OPACITY target: 100%, 1
OPACITY character 1: 0%, 1
MOTION EVADE: character 1
MOTION EVADE: user
MOTION DAMAGE: target
FACE character 1: target
FACE target: character 1
common event: 196
CAMERA FOCUS: target, BASE, 1
ZOOM: 300%, 180
FACE target: FORWARD
wait: 5
Fade in: 5

ZOOM: 200%, 180
wait: 90
OPACITY user: 100%, 15
OPACITY character 1: 100%, 15

MOVE character 1: POINT, 550, 320, 30
MOVE user: POINT, 550, 320, 30

MOTION SPELL: user
MOTION SWING: character 1

FACE user: target
FACE character 1: target

wait for movement

animation 317: target
*animation 314: target
*animation 314: user
*animation 314: character 1
common event: 197
MOVE character 1: POINT, 450, 420, 180
MOVE user: POINT, 650, 420, 180
animation 315: target
animation 316: target
common event: 196
animation 318: target
animation 318: character 1
animation 318: user

MOVE character 1: POINT, 1, 900, 30
MOVE user: POINT, 1152, 900, 30

DAMAGE RATE: 7500%
action effect: target

wait: 10

Fade out: 30
wait: 30
common event: 34
move user: return, 1
move character 1: return, 1
common event: 219
common event: 31
wait: 30
Fade in: 30
</target action>
*NOTE: Animation 314 should be the animation that turns everybody into silhouettes.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
For sure..

"GALE SLASH" (it uses a plugin called "MoveAnime2" so if you don't have it, it wont work and you need to manually create a common event for it)

<whole action>

immortal: targets, true

opacity not focus: 0

wait for opacity

<target action>

motion attack: user

jump user: 100, 15

wait: 12

common event: 91

attack animation 356: targets

wait: 15

action effect

</target action>

<follow action>

opacity not focus: 255

wait for opacity

</follow action>

</whole action>

for the heavenly judgement transformation, i just used the transformation power up trick from Yanfly's tips and tricks videos..

Thank you so much !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Very beautifull!!! :wink::wink::wink: one thing: the animation "356" ... from where did you get it ??? o_O
For the transformation ... I understand, but at least Action Sequence?!? :rolleyes:

chocopanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Very beautifull!!! :wink::wink::wink: one thing: the animation "356" ... from where did you get it ??? o_O
For the transformation ... I understand, but at least Action Sequence?!? :rolleyes:
it's from vibrato's animation collection.. yeah i'll post the transformation thing once i get home

Daisetsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello there folks :)
how i can display the actors picture before he attacks?
and how i hide the complete batte hud if the enemy attacks ?

thanks.

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@msazako I did exactly as such, hell to confirm I wasn´t doing something wrong I directly copied the command from the two posts that suggested it, but no matter what I do the characters won´t wait for even a frame.

motion dead: user

wait: 100

MOTION VICTORY: user

wait: 200

in the moment I have a skill set up like this, its supposed to inflict rage upon the enemy after the user is done cheering. However as it is now all it does is instantly apply the state without waiting for the amount of given frames.

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Captain_Joshua Ohh! So you're trying to apply the state within the action sequence.

Yeah, the default application doesn't work like that. You'll have to apply it manually within the code... so it should look a bit like this:

Code:
motion dead: user

wait: 100

MOTION VICTORY: user

wait: 200

ADD STATE X: target, (show)
Where "X" should be the index number of the state you're trying to apply.

Daisetsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can someone help me please?
i will create a animation where the user are slashing all enemies on the battleground each after other .
how i should do it ? i cant get it work.

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@msazako still the exact same result. I went ahead and removed the rage aplllier from the actual skill so it only activates the skill in the notetag... so now literally nothing happens. The actor just stands, does the casting animation goes back with no difference to before. On other skills the "move to location x" and stuff like that still works perfectly fine. it´s just the wait that never works...for some reason.

msazako

"Lie of msazako"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Captain_Joshua Can you show me the entire code? I can probably pinpoint some errors or maybe revise the entire sequence itself.

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@msazako honestly this is most peculiar...Up until now EVERY skill that had any kind of "wait" written into it didn´t work...but now for some reason it has suddenly started to work. I guess rpg maker just decided to accept the wait command now. Anyhow, thanks for your help!

Edit: If an enemy is affected by an attack while beeing affected by a state that does not let them move (like for example paralysis) they won´t move around during the attack either...Is there a way to work around this?

Last edited:

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I got some curious issue using an eval command in the scripts:

If I do a
Code:
<finish action>
perform finish
face user: forward
clear battle log
eval: $gameParty.removeActor(5)
</finish action>
The actor remains in the $gameParty object. If I do a $gameParty.removeActor(5) after the action sequence, or I call it directly in console the actor is removed from the party.

I also tried with
Code:
while ($gameParty.members().contains($gameActors.actor(5))){$gameParty.removeActor(5)}
and while the actor is removed inside the action sequence, after the action sequence ends... the actor is back in my party.

Why I can't get rid of this actor?

Captain_Joshua

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´m having problems with a specific skill I´ve been trying to implement.
This is what I have written into the notetag for the skill.
<whole action>
common event: 13
motion guard: target
animation 147: target
wait for animation
add def buff: target, 8, show
The skill is supposed to have the user tell the rest of the party to focus on their defense, followed by a shield animation over all current actors...the problem is just that after it´s done the user proceeds to use the Motion Chant animation X times, with X beeing the amount of actors affected by the skill...Is there a way around having the user awkwardly use the cast animation x times after the skill is over?

Secondly I´ve also been thinking about implementing another skill...As you may know MV has the possibility of having one actor act as a substitude for all actors with less health, taking the hits instead of them. Is there a possibility to have them substitute for only one/multiple specific actors rather then just substituting for whoever has lower health in the moment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masel97