Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Reaction score
First Language
English
I hope this is the right place to ask but is it possible to change the animation for 'escape'? I want my character to face the way they are about to flee rather than the funny default of running backwards

dragonhart2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys, I am playing around with skill notetags. I have two questions.

1. I made a custom skill that I set to single target by default. But after setting it to a number of random enemies, the sequence animation hits targets one at a time. How can I set it to simultaneous hits in one cast? Thanks!

2. I'd like to ask for assistance regarding a buff. This buff activates randomly in battle. When it activates it gives the following effects:

A. Increase in Stats.

B: Additional Skills.

I plan this buff's new skills to use up another gauge. (I plan to alter the TP guage for this). The buff's duration ends in death and/or upon using up all of the special gauge's points.

I will truly appreciate any scripting tips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys, I am playing around with skill notetags. I have two questions.

1. I made a custom skill that I set to single target by default. But after setting it to a number of random enemies, the sequence animation hits targets one at a time. How can I set it to simultaneous hits in one cast? Thanks!

2. I'd like to ask for assistance regarding a buff. This buff activates randomly in battle. When it activates it gives the following effects:

A. Increase in Stats.

B: Additional Skills.

I plan this buff's new skills to use up another gauge. (I plan to alter the TP guage for this). The buff's duration ends in death and/or upon using up all of the special gauge's points.

I will truly appreciate any scripting tips.
Hi Dragonhart2,

The first problem you are having should be able to be solved simply by changing the <target action> and </target action> to <whole action> and </whole action> in the skill note tags. "Target" specifically targets one enemy, "whole" does all.

The second problem is a more difficult one. I have never tried to use "TP" for anything except what it was designed for. I have no doubts that it can be done, I just can't help with this one.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

dragonhart2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Dragonhart2,

The first problem you are having should be able to be solved simply by changing the <target action> and </target action> to <whole action> and </whole action> in the skill note tags. "Target" specifically targets one enemy, "whole" does all.

The second problem is a more difficult one. I have never tried to use "TP" for anything except what it was designed for. I have no doubts that it can be done, I just can't help with this one.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine
Thank you very much! It makes sense to me now. :D

Also, I'll try to tweak the most basic stuff to make the buff. I really appreciate every help. Thanks again. :D

EDIT:

I created this sequence and called it Triple Flash. 

[embed]

[/embed]
Although I had a problem, after the third slash, the targets were damaged the fourth time. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

Here's the notetag:

<setup action>jump user: 25, 10

move user: point, 625, 500

wait for movement

face user: target

wait: 30

animation 0121: user

opacity user: 50, 15

wait for opacity

</setup action>

<whole action>

move user: target, back, 5

wait for movement

motion attack: user

animation 0127: target

ani wait:3

action effect

wait: 15

move user: target, front, 5

wait for movement

animation 0126: target

ani wait:3

action effect

wait: 15

move user: target, front head, 5

wait for movement

animation 0121: user

opacity user: 255, 15

mover user: target, front base, 5

animation 0128: target

action effect

wait: 1

move user: targets, front, 10

face user: forward

immortal: targets, false

wait for animation

wait for movement

</whole action>
THank you for you for all your help.

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Dragonhart2,

Could have something to do with "immortal: targets, false". Normally, this command would be placed in either <follow action> or <finish action> but I can't be sure. Try it and let me know.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

dragonhart2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Dragonhart2,

Could have something to do with "immortal: targets, false". Normally, this command would be placed in either <follow action> or <finish action> but I can't be sure. Try it and let me know.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine
Hi Sindaine. 

I tried to tag the said command under follow and finish but still the same. I even tried to delete it entirely but still the same.

However, when the said skill tag were placed in <target action>, it works fine. But "all enemy" targeting results in individual attacks rather than a single animation skill. I was thinking if it's a bug.

PS:

I tried another custom skill at <whole action> targeting all enemies, i got the same thing.

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Dragonhart2,

Yanfly does monitor this section so if it is a bug, I'm sure they'll be right on top of it. They make amazing plugins and almost instantly address issues! Can't thank enough the scripters like Yanfly for bringing us these plugins for free!

In the meantime, try switching the target typing around a bit and see what you get. Instead of animation: target, try opponents, or eneimies. It might make a difference.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you're getting individualized damage after using whole sequences, that's probably because the target sequences are still in their default state. What you'll want to do is something like:

<whole action>

do all your fancy stuff here

</whole action>

<target action>

</target action>

And just leave the target action empty.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How do I play an animation on the screen and not a target? Animation X: screen, doesnt work and just plain Animation X doesnt work.

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No one knows??
I would assume you just change the scope of the animation itself and then call it it the action sequence. Regardless of the target, it should still do the entire screen.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I cant call it in the action sequence without specifying a target and screen or anything like that isn't an option..............

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here's a teleporting backstrike for rogue characters.

Two custom items in this list:

1) Animation 121 is generated from the smoke effects at the end of the StateDark animation set and is used to make the actor appear to disappear in a cloud of smoke. Could also use built-in animation 35 (fog)

2) Common event 4 can be skipped. In my game, the actor morphs into a shadow using a prerequisite ability and this common event sets the spritesheet back to normal.

Teleporting Backstrike

<setup action>animation 121: useropacity user: 0%ani wait: 7</setup action><target action>immortal: targets truemove user: target, back, 5face user: backwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 3action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%ani wait: 7wait opacityimmortal: targets false</target action><follow action>move user: home, 5face user: forwardwait movementanimation 121: useropacity user: 100%ani wait: 7wait opacitycommon event: 4</follow action>This is a slightly modified version for a multiple hit attack. The wait steps are significantly modified so instead of the actor cleanly appearing and disappearing, the actor opacity changes while moving.

Code:
<setup action>animation 121: useropacity user: 0%ani wait: 7</setup action><target action>immortal: target, truemove user: target, back, 5face user: backwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%,1wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 2action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%,1ani wait: 1wait opacitymove user: target, front, 5face user: forwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%,1wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 2action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%,1ani wait: 1wait opacitymove user: target, back, 5face user: backwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%,1wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 2action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%,1ani wait: 1wait opacitymove user: target, front, 5face user: forwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%,1wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 2action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%,1ani wait: 1wait opacitymove user: target, back, 5face user: backwardwait for movementopacity user: 70%,1wait for opacitymotion attack: userani wait: 2action effectanimation 121: useropacity user: 0%,1ani wait: 1wait opacityimmortal: target, false</target action><follow action>move user: home, 5face user: forwardwait movementanimation 121: useropacity user: 100%ani wait: 7wait opacitycommon event: 4</follow action>

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you're getting individualized damage after using whole sequences, that's probably because the target sequences are still in their default state. What you'll want to do is something like:

<whole action>

</whole action>

<target action>

</target action>

Thanks so much for this Yanfly!

dragonhart2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Dragonhart2,

Yanfly does monitor this section so if it is a bug, I'm sure they'll be right on top of it. They make amazing plugins and almost instantly address issues! Can't thank enough the scripters like Yanfly for bringing us these plugins for free!

In the meantime, try switching the target typing around a bit and see what you get. Instead of animation: target, try opponents, or eneimies. It might make a difference.

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

<whole action>

</whole action>

<target action>

</target action>

Hi Yanfly and Sindaine.

I tried Yanfly's solution and it worked. Thank you so much for your patience. Added to knowledgebase. :D

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I feel I have a decent understanding of this, even managed to pull off a combo system (through common events), but that was only after see some tutorials.

But that leaves me with one issue... Yanfly put together an awesome doc. about these, but I still don't know what can be used in which phase. 

For example. I want my melee character to use a certain SE (before he moves to attack) is that only possible in the target action phase or any? If I could figure out when and where I could use things, I'd be set I think...

If this doesn't make any sense, let me know. I'm terrible at explanations of things lol.

EDIT: simple testing and I figured it out lol. basically i wanted the character to say something them attack. sorry everyone, still figuring out what i can and can't do with these.

<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

se: 1attack1

</setup action>

<target action>

se: Wind4

opacity user: 0%, 5

move user: target, front, 5

wait for opacity

opacity user: 100%, 5

wait for opacity

wait: 10

se: 1skill

action animation

shake screen: 3, 9, 10

ani wait: 5

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

</target action>

<follow action>

</follow action>

<finish action>

immortal: targets, false

clear battle log

perform finish

wait for movement

action common event

</finish action>
EDIT:

Actually, one issue... sorry to keep posting, but I still can't get rid of that pesky casting animation for melee attacks. Do I have to make them not as skills or something? I read earlier in the topic, but even this (a modded version of the posted Power Punch), still does it.

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
EDIT:

Actually, one issue... sorry to keep posting, but I still can't get rid of that pesky casting animation for melee attacks. Do I have to make them not as skills or something? I read earlier in the topic, but even this (a modded version of the posted Power Punch), still does it.
There's a parameter in the plug-in that lets you set a default animation for the start of different attacks. You can switch the animation to something else or shut it off completely from parameters.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot. Now my melee people don't stand there chanting before attacks. Though, I'm not sure what changed it. I made a new skill type and for ONLY that skill type, the character will sit still till he attacks. If I set the skill under the original 2 types I had before, he'll do the casting animation waving his arms lol. Actually I just tested it again WITH no animation for physical hits... same thing. He'll chant under the original types, but not the 3rd. Very odd...

Sindaine

Tired Gamerz Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks a lot. Now my melee people don't stand there chanting before attacks. Though, I'm not sure what changed it. I made a new skill type and for ONLY that skill type, the character will sit still till he attacks. If I set the skill under the original 2 types I had before, he'll do the casting animation waving his arms lol. Actually I just tested it again WITH no animation for physical hits... same thing. He'll chant under the original types, but not the 3rd. Very odd...
Hey,

Check out the red box in the picture in your data base under system. Any skill type in that box will have the "chanting" at the beginning of the action by default.

casting.jpg

Hope it helps,

Sindaine

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Sindaine, lol thanks. I can't believe I looked over something that simple as to getting rid of those... Now it makes sense. 

I'm slowly learning Sequences so soon I'll hopefully be able to help others by posting my own!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Figured I would start posting what I am working on here. Anyways, a quest system plugin I have been working on:
20mgjmZ.png

What features would yall like to see in a quest system?
Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlanj