ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm...so I need to have 'end' in several places? I thought end was only used at the very end of the statement.
It is, but you have multiple statements. You don't need it before an "else," but you do need it before doing another "if" unless that's supposed to be nested inside the first condition.
Code:
//This changes the animation if it's critical
     if target.result().critical
     animation 98: target
     jump target: 100, 60
     end
You don't want this (and every place like this), because you have an "else" for this condition.
//Skill hits twice at this mastery level
Right here is where you have an error, because if you were following your indentation and your "ends," all of the code after this is still inside your first condition of skill mastery level >=1.
//This is the single hit version if it's mastery level zero
Which means this is going to have unexpected behavior, because you didn't have the correct number of "ends" from the beginning, so you're saying
"if skill mastery is greater than 1, and now if skill mastery is <= 0," which will never evaluate to true.

So, again, the correct format is:
Code:
if
    stuff
end
or
Code:
if
    stuff
else if
    other stuff
else if
    other different stuff
else
    yet more stuff
end

Similarly,
Code:
if
    stuff
    if (still needs the first if to be true to see this!)
        other stuff
    end
end

Yuuzal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I think I’m tracking now. The format is “If….else…end”. I thought it was like “if….end….else….end”. So if I’m using “end”, it’s being used to conclude the preceding “if” statement. Thanks for your help, it was probably time to learn this properly anyways.

Novam4a1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Having an issue with an Action Sequence of mine, looking for some help.

1) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). This works if my target is affected by the state and the ability I use is a single target ability targetting that enemy (works as intended).

2) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: IF BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and BOTH enemies have the state and I use an AOE ability, then it works as intended.

3) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and ONLY ONE enemy has the state and I do an AOE ability, it doesn't work as intended.

Is there a way to make all 3 of these scenarios work in a single action sequence using single target and/or aoe ability if not all enemies are affected with the state?
Would I still use the script BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid)

EDIT: Solved by using Conditional branches for each enemy index number (start at 0 for first enemy, 1 for second, etc.)

$gameTroop.aliveMembers()[enemyindex#].isStateAffected(stateID)

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having an issue with an Action Sequence of mine, looking for some help.

1) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). This works if my target is affected by the state and the ability I use is a single target ability targetting that enemy (works as intended).

2) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: IF BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and BOTH enemies have the state and I use an AOE ability, then it works as intended.

3) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and ONLY ONE enemy has the state and I do an AOE ability, it doesn't work as intended.

Is there a way to make all 3 of these scenarios work in a single action sequence using single target and/or aoe ability if not all enemies are affected with the state?
Would I still use the script BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid)

EDIT: Solved by using Conditional branches for each enemy index number (start at 0 for first enemy, 1 for second, etc.)

$gameTroop.aliveMembers()[enemyindex#].isStateAffected(stateID)
You know, a much simpler way to deal per-enemy conditional checks is to do something like this:
Code:
<Target Action>
  if (target.isStateAffected(12345))
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You know, a much simpler way to deal per-enemy conditional checks is to do something like this:
Code:
<Target Action>
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>
I was gonna say that best me to it lol

Novam4a1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Code:
<Target Action>
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>
Thanks! I'm using MZ with VS plugins. Is this a notetag or would just be a script I plug in to the action sequence? Also, I'm not 100% sure how evade would work with aoe attacks. For instance I do an aoe fire attack that adds a state, but if one of the enemies evades the attack, I don't want them to get the state. Do you know how I could achieve this too?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I'm using MZ with VS plugins. Is this a notetag or would just be a script I plug in to the action sequence? Also, I'm not 100% sure how evade would work with aoe attacks. For instance I do an aoe fire attack that adds a state, but if one of the enemies evades the attack, I don't want them to get the state. Do you know how I could achieve this too?
Oh, with VS I have no idea because I don't use it. Those plugins use their own weird action sequence system through common events or something. It's completely different than the yanfly action sequence system.

Kcluuqczeas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation? Like, if I got an animation of an explosions that lasts for 20 frames, and I want the damage to appear right on the frame 10 bc it's the climax of the explosion, how do I do that? I've tried with wait animation and wait and I can't make it to work..
thanks!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation?
Edit: I forgot that the action sequences don't automatically wait for animations to complete. Ignore me :stickytongue:

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation? Like, if I got an animation of an explosions that lasts for 20 frames, and I want the damage to appear right on the frame 10 bc it's the climax of the explosion, how do I do that? I've tried with wait animation and wait and I can't make it to work..
thanks!
something like

Code:
action animation: targets
wait: 10
action effect: targets

Note that "wait" is in rendering frames, which is faster than animation frames so you may need to make the number larger like 30 or something. Just keep playing with the timing until the numbers pop up when you want them to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!
Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)
In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mracdc5