ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm...so I need to have 'end' in several places? I thought end was only used at the very end of the statement.
It is, but you have multiple statements. You don't need it before an "else," but you do need it before doing another "if" unless that's supposed to be nested inside the first condition.
Code:
//This changes the animation if it's critical
     if target.result().critical
     animation 98: target
     jump target: 100, 60
     end
You don't want this (and every place like this), because you have an "else" for this condition.
//Skill hits twice at this mastery level
Right here is where you have an error, because if you were following your indentation and your "ends," all of the code after this is still inside your first condition of skill mastery level >=1.
//This is the single hit version if it's mastery level zero
Which means this is going to have unexpected behavior, because you didn't have the correct number of "ends" from the beginning, so you're saying
"if skill mastery is greater than 1, and now if skill mastery is <= 0," which will never evaluate to true.

So, again, the correct format is:
Code:
if
    stuff
end
or
Code:
if
    stuff
else if
    other stuff
else if
    other different stuff
else
    yet more stuff
end

Similarly,
Code:
if
    stuff
    if (still needs the first if to be true to see this!)
        other stuff
    end
end

Yuuzal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I think I’m tracking now. The format is “If….else…end”. I thought it was like “if….end….else….end”. So if I’m using “end”, it’s being used to conclude the preceding “if” statement. Thanks for your help, it was probably time to learn this properly anyways.

Novam4a1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Having an issue with an Action Sequence of mine, looking for some help.

1) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). This works if my target is affected by the state and the ability I use is a single target ability targetting that enemy (works as intended).

2) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: IF BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and BOTH enemies have the state and I use an AOE ability, then it works as intended.

3) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and ONLY ONE enemy has the state and I do an AOE ability, it doesn't work as intended.

Is there a way to make all 3 of these scenarios work in a single action sequence using single target and/or aoe ability if not all enemies are affected with the state?
Would I still use the script BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid)

EDIT: Solved by using Conditional branches for each enemy index number (start at 0 for first enemy, 1 for second, etc.)

$gameTroop.aliveMembers()[enemyindex#].isStateAffected(stateID)

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having an issue with an Action Sequence of mine, looking for some help.

1) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). This works if my target is affected by the state and the ability I use is a single target ability targetting that enemy (works as intended).

2) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: IF BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and BOTH enemies have the state and I use an AOE ability, then it works as intended.

3) an ability of mine checks for if an enemy is affected by a state, then it does something extra by using Conditional Branch: If BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid). If there are 2 enemies and ONLY ONE enemy has the state and I do an AOE ability, it doesn't work as intended.

Is there a way to make all 3 of these scenarios work in a single action sequence using single target and/or aoe ability if not all enemies are affected with the state?
Would I still use the script BattleManager._target.isStateAffected(stateid)

EDIT: Solved by using Conditional branches for each enemy index number (start at 0 for first enemy, 1 for second, etc.)

$gameTroop.aliveMembers()[enemyindex#].isStateAffected(stateID)
You know, a much simpler way to deal per-enemy conditional checks is to do something like this:
Code:
<Target Action>
  if (target.isStateAffected(12345))
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>

Miseryfactory77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You know, a much simpler way to deal per-enemy conditional checks is to do something like this:
Code:
<Target Action>
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>
I was gonna say that best me to it lol

Novam4a1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Code:
<Target Action>
    // stuff here
  end
</Target Action>
Thanks! I'm using MZ with VS plugins. Is this a notetag or would just be a script I plug in to the action sequence? Also, I'm not 100% sure how evade would work with aoe attacks. For instance I do an aoe fire attack that adds a state, but if one of the enemies evades the attack, I don't want them to get the state. Do you know how I could achieve this too?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I'm using MZ with VS plugins. Is this a notetag or would just be a script I plug in to the action sequence? Also, I'm not 100% sure how evade would work with aoe attacks. For instance I do an aoe fire attack that adds a state, but if one of the enemies evades the attack, I don't want them to get the state. Do you know how I could achieve this too?
Oh, with VS I have no idea because I don't use it. Those plugins use their own weird action sequence system through common events or something. It's completely different than the yanfly action sequence system.

Kcluuqczeas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation? Like, if I got an animation of an explosions that lasts for 20 frames, and I want the damage to appear right on the frame 10 bc it's the climax of the explosion, how do I do that? I've tried with wait animation and wait and I can't make it to work..
thanks!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation?
Edit: I forgot that the action sequences don't automatically wait for animations to complete. Ignore me :stickytongue:

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I make the damage of the skill show during the animation? Like, if I got an animation of an explosions that lasts for 20 frames, and I want the damage to appear right on the frame 10 bc it's the climax of the explosion, how do I do that? I've tried with wait animation and wait and I can't make it to work..
thanks!
something like

Code:
action animation: targets
wait: 10
action effect: targets

Note that "wait" is in rendering frames, which is faster than animation frames so you may need to make the number larger like 30 or something. Just keep playing with the timing until the numbers pop up when you want them to.

Eindride

Endless hope and courage to our hearts
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, is there a command to hide the user's weapon? I want to make a magic skill that uses the missile motion but it looks weird because it shows the user's sword, thank you.

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, is there a command to hide the user's weapon? I want to make a magic skill that uses the missile motion but it looks weird because it shows the user's sword, thank you.
use "motion missile: user, no weapon".

That way the weapon won't show.

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can help with quick code? <Main: adding chance to sequence>

create this skill that chance to add state to actor. then why not add state in effect? I set this skill scope to user.
using ai core, enemy will use this skill when self HP below 60%. <HP% param <= 60%: Skill 130> the skill add state to actor.

know about the 'math.randomInt(100)', but how in script and saving them?

<whole action> var roll = Math.randomInt(100) + 1 if (var roll < 80) add state 51: all actors else end </whole action> <finish action> common event: 31 </finish action>

scrap it, found another alternative way.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can help with quick code? <Main: adding chance to sequence>
I know you found a solution, but I just wanted to offer a few tips for code-writing efficiency, good practice and action sequences as you continue work on your project.

1) There's no point in declaring a variable that gets used once. The only thing it accomplishes is you typing more.

2) Why add a number to something that you're just comparing to another number of your choice? So instead of declaring your variable and adding 1, your original conditional could simply have been if (Math.randomInt(100)<79)

3) No need to put an else condition if there's nothing in it.

4) Dead actors can't have states. So when you're using add state, you can just use the target "actors" (not that the game looking at any dead actors takes up much processing power or time, but...efficiency is efficiency)

5) In order to execute JavaScript in your action sequences, you need to use the Eval: command. That's probably why your original sequence failed, because you declaring a variable without eval isn't recognized as an action sequence command. Amusingly, if you hadn't taken that unnecessary step, it would've worked because action sequences do evaluate JavaScript inside if conditionals.

So your whole action could simply be:
Code:
if Math.randomInt(100)<79
    add state 51: actors
end

Good luck with your project!

jonenglish91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

<Party Limit Cost: 4>

<whole action>

common event: 21

common event: 11

common event: 13

Action Cutin User: Hue 120, BlendMode Normal

se: Calamity Jane I'll Send you to your Deaths

wait: 100

common event: 2

-----<Cast>------

motion chant: user

animation 183: user, mirror

SHOCKWAVE: CENTER user

animation 190: user, mirror

wait for animation

opacity friends not user: 0%, 20

opacity enemies: 0%, 20

animation 150: user, mirror

wait for animation

opacity targets: 0%, 20

wait: 30

fade out: 10

-----<Cast>-----

-----<Background Change>---

fade in: 10

battleback 3 add: battlebacks1, Speedlineverticalpurple

battleback 3 scroll speed y: -300

zoom: 300%, 10

move user: forward, 200, 12

wait: 12

opacity user: 100%, 10

camera screen: user, center, 15

camera focus: user, center, 15

zoom: 100%, 300

jump user: 500, 10

float user: 500, 10

wait: 20

float user: -100, 500

custom motion Hold2: user

wait: 40

animation 188: user, mirror

se: Calamity Jane - know what true power is

float user: -400, 3

opacity user: 0%, 20

animation 180: user, mirror

wait for animation

-----<Background Change>---

-----<Background Change Remove>---

fade out: 10

battleback 3 remove

move user: forward, 0, 12

move user: targets, front, 20

camera screen: target, center, 15

camera focus: target, center, 15

custom motion Hold2: user

float user: 800, 3

opacity user: 100%, 20

opacity targets: 100%, 20

move target: forward, 200, 12

zoom: 300%, 10

fade in: 20

zoom: 100%, 400

float user: 0, 5

shake screen: 3, 5, 150

reset camera: 400

animation 178: user, mirror

animation 182: user, mirror

animation 185: user, mirror

move target: backward, 50, 12

jump target: 140, 12

action effect

common event: 27

action effect

animation 187: user, mirror

move target: forward, 50, 12

action effect

action effect

animation 186: user, mirror

action effect

action effect

animation 187: user, mirror

action effect

action effect

animation 186: user, mirror

action effect

action effect

opacity user: 0%, 40

wait for animation

common event: 3

perform finish

wait for movement

common event: 12

common event: 14

-----<Background Change Remove>---

</whole action>

<target action>
</target action>

Hey,

it's been a while , I don't get much downtime these days so sequences are now few and far between.

I've uploaded some new action sequences and updated some old ones as showcased in the video, I shared the lightning clap skill as I don't recall sharing. It was one the first special skills I sequenced.

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone have a shout like action sequence? i really want to do it myself but all the code is too difficult for me to understand, so i need to rely on other peoples action sequence for my skills. The shout is the skill that buffs up your defence

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a shout like action sequence?...The shout is the skill that buffs up your defence
Can you give a more detailed explanation of what you want it to look like? Because that really doesn't sound like a skill that needs an action sequence.

For example, in Final Fantasy Tactics, Shout has a little activation animation, then a second animation that shows him powering up. That's literally what the default skills in MV look like.

Also, just to mention this, your profile says you use MZ. This thread is for Yanfly's Action Sequences, which are for MV. If you want help with the VisuStella action sequences, you should make a new thread in Plugin Support (but, as I said, provide way more detail than "can you make this for me").

Laughterofman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<setup action>

display action

immortal: targets, true

hide battle hud

opacity not focus: 0%

motion chant: user

motion wait: user

se: Magic1

opacity user: 55%, 20

motion guard: user

animation 233: user

wait for animation

</setup action>

<Whole Action>

motion spell: user

projectile ani 232: start user, goal target, duration 60, arc 150, spin 3, ease inback, angle

projectile ani 232: start user, goal target, duration 60, arc 150, spin 3, ease inback, angle, start offset +115 +115

projectile ani 232: start user, goal target, duration 60, arc 150, spin 3, ease inback, angle, start offset +115 -115

projectile ani 232: start user, goal target, duration 60, arc 150, spin 3, ease inback, angle, start offset -115 -115

projectile ani 232: start user, goal target, duration 60, arc 150, spin 3, ease inback, angle, start offset -115 +115

wait for animation

wait: 60

animation 2: target

wait for animation

action effect: target

death break

clear battle log

opacity not focus: 100%

</Whole Action>

<Target Action>

</Target Action>

<follow action>

show battle hud

perform finish

</follow action>

This is my first shot at Irina's...I couldn't find other examples anywhere, and I hope posting to this thread is okay. If anyone has suggestions on how I can make it better, please let me know!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvin2820