Pre-made (Yanfly's) Action Sequence Sharing and Discussions

Behastie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread has gotten super long at this point and poking around I don't see an obvious question answered. What is the default action sequence that RPG Maker MV uses to start with? Like if I just want to update a variable on part of whole action but keep all of the other actions intact, what action sequence would I use?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread has gotten super long at this point and poking around I don't see an obvious question answered. What is the default action sequence that RPG Maker MV uses to start with? Like if I just want to update a variable on part of whole action but keep all of the other actions intact, what action sequence would I use?
I don't think I've ever seen that posted, since the general point of using action sequences is to not do it in the default way :wink:

You can kinda find it in the engine's code, like startAction() in rpg_windows.js, but it's really super basic. The default whole action code would just be
action animation
wait for animation
action effect

That's all that normally happens in a multi-target skill, right? It just hits everyone?

emelian65

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while dudes and dudettes, coming back here and while I'm offering my help in case anyone is still wondering how to use the action sequences for RPG Maker MV, I'm also here requesting a bit of help.

Edit: So I managed to make the skill not display the name of the next skill by simple using a:

<setup action>
Immortal: targets, true
</setup action>

To overdrive, the default action done by the plug-in, so far so good, the only issue right now is that the actor goes back to its position when the common effect activates and the next skill runs.

So the actor cast his skill from the normal party slot instead of being slightly forward, any idea to make the actor not return to it's default position?

Last edited:

SeedofDesire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I move my question to my own post.

Last edited:

Hayden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys.

How would I go about flashing the screen red when someone who has been attacked loses all their HP?

At the moment I have it working through the troop events, which checks if each enemy's HP is 0 and then runs a common event that is just a red screen flash.

This way works, but its annoying to have to set it up for each enemy in every troop encounter. It'd be nicer to just be able to build it into the actions sequences.

Percarus

Just a Regular Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this isn't the right place to ask questions about YEP Action Sequences, please let me know. But yeah, hello! I have a question.

Is it possible to use for loops in action sequences? I wanna make a skill that does the action effect as many times as a variable in my game.

For example, "Deal 3 damage for every 5 gold you have" or something like that. Possible or no?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How would I go about flashing the screen red when someone who has been attacked loses all their HP?
Action Sequences Pack 2 has a Flash command.
Code:
if target.hp<=0
    flash screen: red
end

Is it possible to use for loops in action sequences? I wanna make a skill that does the action effect as many times as a variable in my game.
No, not natively. But I Googled "Yanfly Action Sequence loop" and found this extension plugin you can try: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/action-sequence-loops-1-10.79043/

Percarus

Just a Regular Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone! I've been following along with a lot of you over the years regarding the action sequences. However, I'm in need of a little help. I've built a simple little Cthulhu summon in my game, and when I call him I need the battleback to change. However, I'm not having much luck. I'm hoping someone could help me salve this, as I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out lol The code is below.

Code:
<setup action>
    display action
    camera focus: user, 10
    zoom: 175%, 30
    motion chant: user
    animation 121: user
    wait for animation
    opacity all actors: 0%, 30
    wait for opacity
    immortal targets: true
    hide battle hud: 10
</setup action>

<whole action>
    reset zoom: 10
    motion spell: user
    tint screen: 17, 0, 134, 30
    wait: 30
    battleback 3 add: battlebacks1, DarkSpace
    animation 999: targets
    wait for animation
    animation 998: targets
    wait for animation
    tint screen: normal, 30
    wait: 30
    action effect
    immortal target: false
    perform finish
</whole action>

<follow action>
    reset zoom: 20
    reset focus: 20
    opacity all actors: 255, 30
    clear battle log
    perform finish
    show battle hud
</follow action>

<finish action>

</finish action>

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when I call him I need the battleback to change. However, I'm not having much luck.
Well...what's happening instead? Is the rest of the skill working but the battleback doesn't change? Do you get an error in the console?

Is your file spelled with that capitalization? Do you, in fact, have the Improved Battlebacks plugin installed?

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well...what's happening instead? Is the rest of the skill working but the battleback doesn't change? Do you get an error in the console?

Is your file spelled with that capitalization? Do you, in fact, have the Improved Battlebacks plugin installed?
Yes, the rest of skill is working as intended. No errors in the console to report. And yes, I have the improved battlebacks installed. I copied the name of the file in question as it in the directory. Still nothing.

I should note that the plugin is placed where it is suggested by Yanfly themselves. I'll take a picture of the plugin hierarchy when I get home, as I'm at work currently.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so here is the plugin list as I mentioned. Originally it was underneath the Battle Engine Core, and all of the Action Sequence stuff. Then I moved it above Action Sequences, but right below Battle Engine. Same results.

rpg_maker_mv_plugins.png

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the rest of skill is working as intended. No errors in the console to report. And yes, I have the improved battlebacks installed. I copied the name of the file in question as it in the directory. Still nothing.
Sorry, I don't have much else to suggest. You're using the correct format for the command, so the error is elsewhere. It's a small plugin that basically does this, so I assume someone would have noticed if it just didn't function at all (and I'm pretty sure I've seen other people use it).

You said your folder path and filename are correct...are you testing this using a battle in game? Using a new play test since you've changed anything? Not trying to use the Battle Test from the editor nor load a save game.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you testing this using a battle in game? Using a new play test since you've changed anything? Not trying to use the Battle Test from the editor nor load a save game.
No, I'm running in test enviro. Should it be during an in-game battle, or does that matter?

PS - I'm sure it's something simple that I'm messing up somehow lol

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I'm running in test enviro. Should it be during an in-game battle, or does that matter?
Absolutely. Many plugins aren't loaded fully/at all during a Battle Test.

I can't guarantee that's the cause of this specific issue, but once you have plugins involved that modify anything in combat, you can't reliably use the Battle Test.

Famon0914

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely. Many plugins aren't loaded fully/at all during a Battle Test.
Okay, I'm a goof. I ran a playable build and it worked like a charm. I told you it was probably simple and I was messing it up lol.

Thank you so much for your help.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this has already been addressed ... this is a really long thread... but is there a way to show an attack animation that isn't based on what weapon the user is wielding? Like, I'd like to sometimes do a thrust motion or a swipe motion with a sword. I'm using MZ. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuthiemzeitriver1