Pre-Title Events - Evented Splash/Title Screens

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

So if anyone's been wondering how I've been doing my videos, I basically use pre-title events to create a splash screen. This video looks like it's just an intro and I forgot the actual contents and skipped straight to the ending, but in fact that's the goal of the plugin.

The splash screen takes place on a map, so literally you can do whatever you want as part of your splash screen. You can run around. Talk to events. Do a whole intro scene.

The only thing that you need to do is make a script call to go to the actual title scene afterwards.

Splash Screen Mode vs Title Screen Mode

In splash-screen mode, the pre-title event only occurs once. So if they "return to title screen", they won't see the splash-screen again until they exit the game and restart.

However, if you decide to turn it into your actual title, then they'll see the pre-title event whenever they go to the title.

If you decide to event your own title screen, though, you'll have to make script calls to replicate the New Game and Continue functions. But other than that, you have full control over how your title screen, or splash screen, will function.

Download

Get it here: Terms of Use: http://himeworks.com/terms-of-use/

Compatible with MV and MZ.

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, solid little plugin that should really be included in default MZ. I'm glad to see you back in action and making these much needed plugins.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! Glad to see one of my favourite MV plugins come to MZ! :D

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this plugin for MV, but when I try and use it in MZ, as the only activated plugin. It doesn't work. It just has my player floating in an empty room.
Wondering if you just forgot to upload the new plugin file?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
Catching up on some anime I never finished . . . "This Day × And × This Moment" . . . first time I shed a tear watching something.
oh frisk i wont be able to jog for at least 2 weeks ;-; its like a nightmare
It was my birthday yesterday woooo /) ~ 3 ~)/)~~
Around 5am and can't sleep...It happens! Been a productive night at least!
Got my portraits working with a plugin, rather then "Show Picture" since that was too long of a process and I'm sure would have ended up with massive lag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueJagriel