Preemptive-Surprise Event Battle

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Jeneeus Guruman, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Jeneeus Guruman

Jeneeus Guruman The Returnee Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Preemptive-Surprise Event Battle
    Version 1.1.1​
    By Jeneeus Guruman​
     ​
    Introduction

This plugin allows to make evented encounters have preemptive and surprise encounters.

Features

• Having the evented encounters to have preemptive and surprise attacks.
    • Triggering the event enemy at his back will have a guaranteed preemptive attack.
    • Triggering the event enemy by having it in the character's back will have a guaranteed surprise attack.
    • Triggering the event through sides will have a chance to have preemptive or surprise attack depending on the facing and position of both the enemy and character.
    • Can be disabled them completely, exempt some enemies from this function, and set the chance on triggering the event sideways all at your own settings.
    • All events around are automatically stopped if the events are tagged to have a preemptive and surprise battles while the event is running, unless its settings is disabled.
    Screenshots

Soon... When my internet connection and my energy will both be perfectly fine.

How to Use

• Just insert it below movement-related plugins.
    • Not recommended if followers are shown, unless there are any follower-through plugins (plugins that make events pass though followers).
    • "Encounter Half" and "Encounter None" party abilities do not work for evented encounters but "Raise Preemptive" and "Cancel Surprise" does work.
    Demo

Not needed.

Script

Pastebin

GitHub

Known Bugs

• Tested with some pixel/8D movement plugin (Orange Movement) and it's somehow works.
    Update

• v1.1.1: Renamed parameters to be readable easily.
    • v1.1.0: Added "stopEvent" parameter to help stop events from moving while the current event is running. No more moving enemies while encountering enemies unless disabled. :)
    Author's Notes

• This script is free to use commercially or not. If commercially, you must credit me. If not, just don't claim this as your own but not crediting me is okay if you don't want to.
    • This is my first MV plugin made. You are very welcome to report any bugs or typos found, specially in relation with pixel and 8D movement plugins.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    MetalcoreMonk, Cvrtis, Wren and 4 others like this.
  2. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Aww. I'm using a pixel movement and 8-D scripts.

3. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hoping the pixel and 8D issues can be resolved in the future but it's good to have, so thanks.

4. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    Update

• v1.1.0: Added "stopEvent" parameter to help stop events from moving while the current event is running. No more moving enemies while encountering enemies unless disabled. :)

You may try to test the plugin if it works or not since I myself haven't tested it yet. What pixel and/or 8D plugin/s you guys used by the way? Maybe I can work this out if I can.

EDIT: I just tested as of now that it's somehow works with one of the pixel and 8D movement plugin. Please let me know if there are still any problems and what kind of this specific plugin did you use. Thanks again. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  5. Robe Guy

Robe Guy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm using Yami's, and thanks!

6. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    You're welcome. If some problems occurs using with her plugin, please let me know. So far I only found, saw, and tested Hudell's (as of yesterday) and somehow works but I'm not sure about Yami's.

7. Jeneeus Guruman

First Language:
    Filipino
    Update

• v1.1.1: Renamed parameters to be readable easily.
    • Added GitHub link.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  8. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    Hi,

Can you put some more info how to setup it so we can try it? Because right now I copy/paste this pluging under Yami_8DIR plugin and try it ON/OFF and nothing seem to work :(

Because yes I would really like!! to have the chance to do a pre emptive strike on enemy or them a surprise attack on my team! 

I hope your plugin will continue to evole to something well customizable :)

Question: Someone was able to do an event with a Monster who touch your back start a combat with surprise on your team?

Battle won't start on my side even if I put the trigger on touch. Can someone help me please?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  9. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    Bump! ;)  Ohh I'm stupid... I find and corrected my error... sorry! Great Plugins I hope you will improve and upgrade it someday :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  10. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    I found a bug in this plugin

If you set an event <enemy> trigger from the back (you will get the surprise attack)

but if you trigger another monster with the same event (but this time in front of him)

You will still get a surprise attack. It get stock on the event in the surprise attack,

And I want to know if there is a command or something to use to stop the event to be able to check if it's a surprise attack or not.

thank you :D

11. Ultra_K

Ultra_K Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish

Yes, this happens to me as well! It's a really great plugin on paper, though, but how could it be fixed?

I have another, more-or-less related, question too, I don't know if anyone knows this... Is it possible to make the "Escape" option available in a scripted battle? Like, if there are wandering enemies on a map, via pre-programmed events and battles, and by mistake, I touch someone and trigger an encounter; sometimes I'd like to be able to escape from it, maybe freezing the event 1 second (to prevent it from creating another encounter super fast) after succesfully fleeing (of course, there would be a defined % chance of escaping, just like in regular random encounters). Is there any plugin out there that does this? Enormous thanks in advance! Ok, never mind, I'm stupid. I didn't realize you could set a "can escape" option in those events  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  12. Linky317

Linky317 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It's working great however whenever I get a preemptive strike, my first actor's ATB bar displays half full, but then empties out. This also happens even when I switch his place in the party. The rest of the party however is fine. I'm using Yanfly's ATB.

Edit:

Huh weird, the moment I leave the 1st spot empty in the Actors database and move him down to the 2nd spot, it worked. Anyways thanks for such a great plugin!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016