Preferred screen resolution?

WhyIamaPotato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have my game planned out and I'm starting to make it happen on RPG Maker MV, but there's still one question that is bugging me: what screen resolution would be preferable to make the game in? I thought HD 720 would be tolerable, but now I'm worried that it'd affect the way I do the sprites. (Sprites in RPG Maker MV general sizes, like characters being 32x32 pixels)

What screen size are you comfortable playing with? Should I keep it small, or should I think big with better HD resolutions? If it helps, I plan to mix both pixel art (For the overworld) and drawings (For the battle sprites), so if anyone could give me advice on what resolution would show well the digital drawings, that's be neat!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Slight correct, characters are 48x48 in MV. 32x32 was in VXA.

There has been countless discussions around the optimal resolution, and answers usually vary between the default 816x624 and 1280x720.

WhyIamaPotato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the correction! I'll most likely take the 1280x720 resolution then

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I too was going with 1280x720
But after reading yanfly comment I might change it to 1104x624
The reason got to do with the stability of your game,and mobile export,and probably optimization

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found that the 1280x720 works well with a lot of the plugins that affect the battle scene and menu scene, especially ones that add new windows or change windows locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito