Preload Manager

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jackiefly

Jackiefly Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi Galen, with the plugin, in the old version, It used to stuck in "Now leading" screen before the main menu, but testing the 2.0 version it stopped, but there's another error some people told you before but...there's no solution? I mean the error  "Uncaught TypeError: Undefined is not a function"

2. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@Galenmereth Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm having this bug too since I updated with the latest version of the plugin (2.0.0 RC6) downloaded from GitHub. There is no fix for this yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016
  3. Laurent

Laurent Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hello!!!! Where I can download the latest version of this plugin please?

Thanks

4. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's on the list. I'm currently looking through the changes that were made to the core scripts after the bump to PIXI v4, and I have to rewrite quite a bit of  the PreloadManager plugin to accommodate it all in a proper way, and I'll fix this as I do that. 

To elaborate on the above, with the introduction of PIXI v4, I can do preloading of assets in an even better way that is more compatible with the existing PIXI way of doing things, so I'm going to implement their Loader structure into the PreloadManager.

There is currently no new version yet. Rest assured I'll let you guys know here as soon as I do :)

Edit: I'd like to add a reminder that the list of currently known bugs can be found here: https://github.com/TorD/TDDP-Repo/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3APreloadManager Let me know if I've missed something, and you can either add it yourself there or remind me here and I'll add it myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2016
  5. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Do you know about a bug with the Battle Test? When you use only one image for the Battleback (for example, one from the Battlebacks1 folde, none from teh Battlebacks2), the game freezes and shows the message: "TypeError Cannot read property 'width' of null" with this console message:

Code:
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null
        at Game_Map.tileId (rpg_objects.js:5902)
        at Game_Map.autotileType (rpg_objects.js:5923)
        at Spriteset_Battle.autotileType (rpg_sprites.js:2622)
        at Spriteset_Battle.normalBattleback2Name (rpg_sprites.js:2556)
        at Object.$.indexBattlebacks (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:899)
        at Object.$.preloadBattle (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:882)
        at Scene_Battle.create (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:1409)
        at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rpg_managers.js:1811)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1790)
        at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)
    This error only takes place in the Battle Test, but not with the Game Test.

====================================================================================================================

Other error I saw takes place when the game cannot load a file because it's not in your game folder. The error message didn't show the missing file name, but it shows this instead: "TypeError Cannot read property 'close' of undefined", whit the console message:

Code:
    Uncaught Error: File not found: img/battlebacks1/FF4_0_bb_60.png
    rpg_managers.js:1727 file:///C:/Users/%C31500car/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js
    /C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:1500 Uncaught Error: File not found: img/battlebacks1/FF4_0_bb_60.png
    /C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:306 PreloadManager debug › Cache hit: audio/bgm/FF4_BGM08_Battle1.ogg
    rpg_managers.js:1757 TypeError: Cannot read property 'close' of undefined
        at Scene_Battle.updateStatusWindow (rpg_scenes.js:2111)
        at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2048)
        at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/MOG_BattleHud.js:1830)
        at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/VE_ToggleTargets.js:551)
        at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/Users/%C3%93scar/Documents/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Memories%20of%20Dreams_VE/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:824)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1830)
        at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1791)
        at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1714)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2016
  6. Kogemashita

Kogemashita Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ======== TDDP PreloadManager: Debug mode on =========
    /C:/Users/PC/Documents/Games/UnnamedGame/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:439 ========= TDDP PreloadManager: Boot Preload =========
    rpg_managers.js:1588 Uncaught ReferenceError: e is not defined
    rpg_managers.js:1589 file:///C:/Users/PC/Documents/Games/UnnamedGame/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js 238
    /C:/Users/PC/Documents/Games/UnnamedGame/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:238 Uncaught ReferenceError: e is not defined

whenever I try to preload a svActor it comes up with this error, im not quite sure what I did wrong because it loads in images from the face folder just fine, but when i try svActor it always comes up with this error, help would be appreciated thanks :)

(The code is from the console, the notepad++ is my configuration, and the error text screenshot is the error.)

EDIT: Also I am using the most updated version

View attachment 55588

View attachment 55589

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  7. Rozel

Rozel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I would like to request that in a future version, maybe you could allow custom folders to be loaded. I'm using a plugin that has many pictures used for battle in its own folder within images. When in battle, the first time these images appear there's a small bit of lag so I'd like to preload them. (Or will the new ability to preload battles fix this?) Something to be considered, thank you :)

8. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    is the RPG Maker MV 1.4.0 Update will affect this plugin ?

9. DuraLexSedLex

DuraLexSedLex Villager Member

Hi, I've recently added the plugin to my project. I placed the plugin on top of everything and turned all parameters to false, except the debug. I get an "Uncaught ReferenceError: e is not defined", what does this mean?
    I have here a sample of what I'm trying to pre-load on boot:
    TDDP.bootPreloadImages = {
    picture: [
    "layers/f1",
    "layers/f2",
    "layers/f3",
    "layers/g1",
    "Book5_6",
    "Book5_7",
    "angel",
    "anas"

],
    character: [
    "Nature22",
    "NFd2r7P"

],
    svActor: [
    "Enemy Looter",
    "Attacker"

],
    svEnemy: [
    "Mushroom",
    "Swordsman"

],
    system: [
    "Weapons3",
    "Window"

]

}

EDIT: Apparently, it's the svActor and svEnemy that's causing the error. The rest work fine without them.
    EDIT: I don't know why @Kogemashita and I have this problem. I'm currently still using the RMMV 1.3.4 version.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    masterlobo likes this.
  10. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any word on the Preload 2.0? This has always been such a must have plugin for me, I'd love to see the new improvements come to play someday.

Rozel likes this.
  11. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't want to get your hopes up too much as I'm still very busy with work and life things, but I've started getting a bit more time for my side projects, and that time should slowly but steadily increase over the next weeks and months.

This plugin is still a big focus for me because I use it in my own project, so rest assured that it's a priority for me still. I'll keep you all updated when I have something to announce.

In the meantime I'd like to remind everyone of the latest version of the PreloadManager 2.0 plugin, which is still RC6, but some of you might not be aware. You can get it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorD/rmmv-preload-manager/2.0.0-rc6/TDDP_PreloadManager.js

Please use this one and give feedback based on that one. Thanks everyone, both for using the plugin and your impressive patience :)

Chaos17, SoSick. and Rozel like this.
  12. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd love to use the RC 6 but it crashes my game everytime when loading, claiming there's a file missing when I've double, even triple checked there's one.

13. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L Does it say which file? Anything useful in the console? Hit F8 to see; you can send me a screengrab of it if you are able so I can troubleshoot it.

@DuraLexSedLex Anything useful in the console log (hit F8)? Send me a screengrab if you're able, and I'll take a look.

14. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, img/lights/halogen for Khas Advanced Lightning

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/khas-advanced-lighting.77679/

I recall it had similiar issues with other custom scripts though too, when they required custom directories like that.

Galenmereth likes this.
  15. DuraLexSedLex

DuraLexSedLex Villager Member

@Galenmereth
    Oh, sorry about that. Here's the console screenie.

Attached Files:

16. CJ Elliott

CJ Elliott Villager Member

A few questions concerning the v2 of this plugin
    Firstly what do you mean by RC6?
    Secondly when I tried using the plugin in my project I recieved the following error on startup.
    "TDDP_PM.index 404 (Not Found)"

edit - checked back a few pages, the file is generated when testing, thanks for the plugin, hopefully it fixes my issues xD

I was using the v1 of this plugin but that seemed to be leading to different issues that can be found here, if you have any idea on how to fix them that would be great, thanks :)
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/possible-causes-of-typeerror-datamap-is-null.78311/

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  17. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. CJ Elliott

CJ Elliott Villager Member

19. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin updated to 2.0.0-RC8

Hi peeps! The plugin has now been updated to 2.0.0-RC8, fixing the following bugs:
    * Hue bug
    * Battleback load error during Battle Test mode

Release notes: https://github.com/TorD/rmmv-preload-manager/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc8
    Download link (direct): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorD/rmmv-preload-manager/2.0.0-rc8/TDDP_PreloadManager.js

Please let me know if you find any more bugs, and thanks for the help so far! :)

PS: I'm going to update the first post and my plugin website soon (TM) with all updated information for this plugin.

After checking with the plugin structure, I realized you're using the old format for preloading files and folders on boot. Please install the latest version, then look under the heading "
    Files to preload upon startup" for an example of how to add files and folders for preloading on startup :) Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  20. King Galaxian

King Galaxian King Galaxian Veteran

First Language:
    American!
    Uhh, hey. I just tried to use your updated preload manager. I also use reimu's animated title screen, and when I updated to the latest version of your preload manager, the animated title doesn't work. As in, nothing shows up on the screen except for the title background and the title music. :kaoeh:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2017