Preload Manager

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks from the update, sadly I can't really test it since it still has same crashing issue.

2. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I discovered an edge case with the new solution where I'm having the same problem when the cache is missed and it needs to load a resource immediately. Thanks for reporting :kaocry:

I'll look into the compatibility issue in the near future, I'm just focusing on "local" bugs for now to get that stable and sorted first :)

RyanBram and Chaos17 like this.
  3. microck

microck Veteran Veteran

Hello !
    In the 2.0.0-RC7 version, if I set "true" for Preload system music or Preload system SFX, the loading is stuck (infinite loading). If set "false" the plugin works.

For the new version (RC8), nothing works for me. It's stuck even if I set "False" to all options. It's sad since I want to try the cache limit option.

Have a nice day !

4. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Could you set debug mode to "debug", open console with F8 and take a screenshot of as much of the text up to the crash as possible? Feel free to send in PM if you don't want to share here in the thread

5. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Uh.. I have absolutely no idea why this interrupts my test play on certain maps even though there is 0 use of this track- and it's not even in the music directory. I had this track play in my project's earliest stages but had removed it a year ago.

[​IMG]

I am not loading off an old save file and have begun testing with new games. The error message states "does it exist?"- but it doesn't at all.
    Little confused here haha.

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
      wtf.png
      File size:
      12 KB
      Views:
  6. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try deleting the TDDP_PM.index file from your project folder, then run the game again in test mode :)

7. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just curious to know because I cannot find that file, which folder or locality should it be in my project folder? Unless somehow mines glitched and already has it missing :/ the search bar isn't finding any matches.

8. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It should be in the project's root folder, it's generated by the plugin itself. What OS are you on?

9. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh i'm stuck on windows 7, haven't been able to get around to buying a new computer haha. Definately not present unfortunately :/

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  10. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I didn't had any crash when trying RC7 but it wiped out my moghunter HUD and made the enemies battlers disappear. Sorry if it was already fixed. I downloaded again the old version on front page and it worked again correctly.

11. microck

microck Veteran Veteran

So I manage to fix the 2.0.0-RC7 version by adding some soundfiles (that I don't need) like:
    BGM:
    Battle1; Ship1; Ship2; Ship3
    ME:
    Victory1; Defeat1; Gameover1

For the RC8 version I get:
    "/C:/Users/microck/Documents/Games/myproject/js/plugins/TDDP_PreloadManager.js:681 Uncaught URIError: URI malformed"

12. y0da

y0da Villager Member

I found a bug when exporting to android.

With the manual method, and launching the game on my device, I've got "ERROR Uncaught TypeError : undefined is not a function."

On the intel XDK simulator, everything is going fine until I hit the new game option.
    Then the following Error shows up "TypeError - Failed to execute 'drawimage' on 'CanvasRednderingContext2D': The provided value is not of type '(CSSImageValue or HTMLImageElement or HTMLVideoElement or HTMLCanvasElement or ImageBitmap or OffscreenCanvas)'

Everything is working fine on my PC and when I disable the plugin, the game works fine on Android too. (I am using the 2.0.0-rc8 version)

13. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having weird problems with this plugin. I had tested a previous version several months ago to see if preloading resources would reduce the obvious frame rate drop when certain Yanfly plugins used an animation or sound effect that hadn't been cached before, but even with this plugin that never seemed to be resolved.

EG: Battle Engine Core allows for you to specify the attack animation of a monster through note tags on that monster. For bats, for example, I was using a bite animation. In my test troop, when the slime in the group attacks, it has the normal animation that all monsters use by default, and there is no issue, but in the same troop, when the bat attacks there is a brief frame drop as the animation is loaded in the first time.
    When I tried to fix this by telling this plugin to preload ALL animation files, it seems to lose certain animations entirely and just ignores the fact that they're missing, even for skills that usually worked without frame drops. The allied weapon animations worked, but everything the enemies did had no animations.

Additionally, despite having /img/system/ in the preload, the system images are not being hit in the cache, and this somehow results in the MadeWithMV plugin splash screen showing a black screen instead of the image.

On the YEP_SaveCore loading screen, the facesets of none of the actors in the active party are loaded when the load screen comes up, until you exit the screen and open it back up again. This also happens when the faces folder is in the preload group as well.

The default battlers of all of the active party are successfully preloaded, but if the actor has a note tag on him that changes his battler to something that isn't his default, the new sv_actor sprite is not cached, and fails to load in a test battle, unless you escape or finish the battle and then go a second time. This was also tested with the sv_actor folder preloaded, with no change.

The only noticeable positive change this plugin provides to me is a brief loading screen between loading a savegame and the map loading, which given the other problems with it, isn't super useful.

I've had my eye on this plugin for a while, as it's a very useful idea, but it still doesn't quite seem to be working for me.

Edit:
    Alright, I jumped the gun on this somehow and assumed the plugin was working when I had configured it incorrectly.
    Now if I tell it to precache "img/system" The game shows me a load screen before the MadeWithMV screen comes up, which never goes away. The console log says it's stuck at 22%, never telling me what file is giving it trouble, but never loading.
    If I only tell it to preload the MadeWithMV.png file instead, it works, and the splash screen actually loads.

Edit2: turns out it was trying to precache thumbs.db, a file that is hidden in windows by default, so I wasn't aware it was there. Modified the plugin to ignore .db files, seems load now. Will get back to you once I've plugged in the folders and stuff again.

Edit3:
    Even with the image files from img/animations cached, there is still noticeable slowdown on the first attack of a bat who's using the bite animation, as if the animation isn't actually being cached at all, until it's shown once. I'm not sure why it's doing this. The faces, and battlers issues I had earlier all cleared up when I actually used the plugin correctly, but the whole plugin seems to have no actual effect on the slowdown I was experiencing in the first place, and only provides a really long load screen prior to game loading, with no positive effect as a trade off.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  14. Rozel

Rozel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    With version 1.5.0 of RPGMaker, it seems the preload manager no longer does anything.

15. CriticalGames

CriticalGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes, as Rozel says, MV 1.5.0 seems to stop the Preload Manager from doing its job. Sorry to ask, but any ideas @Galenmereth? =)

Tuomo L and Rozel like this.
  16. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @CriticalGames @Rozel can you try this one and lemme know if it works? We tried updating it for our game.

Attached Files:

corgi, CriticalGames and Rozel like this.
  17. Rozel

Rozel Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This seems to have worked for me! Thank you very much.

Edit: Works with Show Picture, but seems to not preload an image change done with 'Set Movement Route'. So I still get a flicker when changing the player image through that method.
    I can get around this by setting another event to have it as its image without activating the event, though. So maybe it's fine.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  18. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I had this problem in one of my events but I noticed that I have to script call the graphic change for it to work. I think it's more on RMMV itself than the preload manager.

Rozel likes this.
  19. CriticalGames

CriticalGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks to be working just fine! Thank you very much Archaeia =D

20. Sc0wly

Sc0wly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm grateful that people make plugins but users should be careful with this one. Like keep a very close eye since It's a little buggy. In my particular case I noticed that it's not totally compatible with the Yanfly Gridfree Doodads plugin. It removes the Doodad plugin's hue shift settings so that everything goes to default colors even if you've made adjustments. Kinda sucks since I like how this precacher is supposed to work. Can't use something that derails my other plugins though. :/

cedr777 likes this.