Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I'm grateful that people make plugins but users should be careful with this one. Like keep a very close eye since It's a little buggy. In my particular case I noticed that it's not totally compatible with the Yanfly Gridfree Doodads plugin. It removes the Doodad plugin's hue shift settings so that everything goes to default colors even if you've made adjustments. Kinda sucks since I like how this precacher is supposed to work. Can't use something that derails my other plugins though. :/
Can you give me a sample project?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can anyone confirm that this plugin doesn't work when you encrypt your pictures/audio during deployment? I have an endless loading screen when I use encryption. It works flawlessly when I disable encryption though.

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can anyone smarter than me tell me how I can have the plugin preload files from a non-standard folder at startup? I'm using a plugin which requires images to be placed in a folder called 'layers', so they're not being preloaded. Thanks!

I should point out that I'm using the modified version Archeia posted on the last page as the default plugin apparently doesn't work with the latest version of MV. Archeia's post:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/preload-manager.46515/page-11#post-758534

Last edited:

Talonos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is 1.1.1 still the latest version? Because man, I ran into show-stopping bugs within minutes, and had to dig into the code to fix them.

First off: The exception handler at line 242 crashes when triggered because "use strict" is on and "e" is undefined. (To fix, change line to "var e = ..."

Secondly, you cannot preload stuff from SvActor or SvEnemy because line 240 naively converts all characters in the string to lower case, turning loadSvEnemy into loadSvenemy, which crashes the plugin when you try to pull that function from ImageManager. (To fix, remove the ".toLowerCase()" at the end of line 40 and assume the user is smart enough to handle their own capitalization, which to be fair is a safer bet than assuming the user is smart enough to delve into the code to figure out why "SvEnemy" isn't a valid key when the help file claims it is.)

I mean, it took half an hour to diagnose and fix these bugs, but still, it makes me really nervous. Is there a more up-to-date version of this plugin anywhere?

hyuugacln

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a version of TDDP Preloader that's compatible with 1.6.0
Does "compatible" mean it will also work with 1.5.0? I cannot patch it because 1.6.0 is not compatible with several of my plugins.

Rozel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's a version of TDDP Preloader that's compatible with 1.6.0
Thank you so much!
I think you accidentally left code to preload certain files on boot, which causes an error for those who don't have the file. If anyone has this issue, just go into the js and find "xx_strange_radio_broadcast" then replace it with something else or comment it out by typing // to the left of it. Same for "[SE]swish"

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with 'e' not being defined is still an issue in the version @Archeia linked, but it's on line 262 now instead of 242. The toLowercase thing might still be an issue too, but I didn't pre-load any svactors or enemies, so I'm not sure.

That being said, it works, and that's better than what I had earlier. Thanks.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After 1.52 it doesn't work.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How exactly does it not work? This doesn't tell anything.
Stuff in status don't preload properly. They are invisible the first time that I go to the menu. That's the reason I need preloader in the first place.

It doesn't preload pictures even when I put them into the advanced stuffs and specifically tell it to preload said pictures.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Stuff in status don't preload properly. They are invisible the first time that I go to the menu. That's the reason I need preloader in the first place.

It doesn't preload pictures even when I put them into the advanced stuffs and specifically tell it to preload said pictures.
Actually some menus don't display some stuffs immediately depending on their update code. I have this problem with status effects in my Battle UI but the preloader works as intended when testing on other parts of my UI like the item menu on map.

If you also have the Community_Basic Plugin, Increase the cache limit to 99999999 or something.

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually some menus don't display some stuffs immediately depending on their update code. I have this problem with status effects in my Battle UI but the preloader works as intended when testing on other parts of my UI like the item menu on map.

If you also have the Community_Basic Plugin, Increase the cache limit to 99999999 or something.
The thing is, one of the characters preloads and displays correctly while others don't which looks really weird. This issue didn't happen when using SRD's preloader, as oppossed to this.

Allan Bays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the new version for 1.6 working fine, but now suddenly I get a crash any time I try to start a new game or load a save file, it says it cannot find the asset files, here is a screenshot of the error log. I have already commented out the two extra lines under preloaded audio.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.
Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:
Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yellowsonicboom64