TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does using pre-parallel and auto run / common event function affect games? Do you recommend that I use them?

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That will vary from game to game, and I can’t say for your specific project. This is why I made it optional as an opt-in choice, and you’ll have to experiment to see if it’s useful to you or not.

But it can be useful for games that use parallel process to show user interface overlays using Show Picture events, for example.

In my game I have a dynamic day/night cycle that uses some picture overlays depending on time of day and weather, and preloading those is very useful.

There will be an option to also select individual specific Common Events for preloading on startup.

Donti59

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when is the update coming out?

Mifey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galenmereth Thank you for making this! I can't wait!
I have a question, is this new version can mass precache a folder automatically?
I have like a ton of pictures/audio. Manually caching them through a plugin, especially considering how the plugin menu option is so thin in MV sounds like a chore.
Ideally, an option that for example cache all the pictures/audio of a map automatically on map load, then clear the previous cache and load all the new pictures/audio when switching map again would be awesome.
Do you think it's even possible, or something even remotely close to that, possible? Thank you!

Last edited:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mifey So in this new version that's exactly what I'm doing. Whenever a map transition starts up in MV, the plugin finds all audio and image assets it can reasonably discover on the entire map, its events and referenced battles. There are some exceptions, like battles that trigger a troop based on variables, since these cannot be known at the map's onset.

What this means is that practically all of the assets on the map will be preloaded and cached so that when requested, they're fetched from said cache. When a new map is transitioned to, if the new assets to be preloaded exceed a maximum configured cache limit, they "push" out the oldest assets from the cache.

Another feature is that the plugin keeps track of the map id's that have been preloaded until cache is altered. So if you go back and forth between a few maps, and nothing needs to be pushed out of the cache, the plugin knows all the assets are already dealt with and skips looking for assets entirely, leading to immediate transition :)

The customisable boot preload folders and files are there only if the developer has a special need for them, but the plugin's core functionality is to preload assets on map load when necessary.

Last edited:

Mifey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's ****ing awesome, I can't wait!!! Keep up the good work!!
:LZScheeze::LZScheeze::LZScheeze:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kako05 I added that to my todo-list now :thumbsup-left:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kako05 I added that to my todo-list now :thumbsup-left:
That's great! I think that plugin is a must 101 to make more complicated rpgm games since with that you can cleanly branch out complicated events making development easy. Glad you'll support it.

Mifey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any idea when it will come out? I can't wait! Thanks!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been busy with some life things and some work on my own game that's distracted me a bit, but it's still at the top of my list :) Hopefully very soon!

Mifey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When do you think it will be ready? Thanks :yhappy:

GALER

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys!

Getting strange startup error where it states that all of my bgm cannot be located, and does it exist?

All music are .ogg files. They are all there. Tried exporting and importing back, but no luck.

Any ideas??

Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is outdated.

AUXturnA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!

Getting strange startup error where it states that all of my bgm cannot be located, and does it exist?

All music are .ogg files. They are all there. Tried exporting and importing back, but no luck.

Any ideas??

Here is a screenshot:
It can be outdated as kako05 said,
But it could fix to work for MV 1.6.2 .
It works in my environment with Preload Manager 2.0.0-RC6 (URL below) and MV 1.6.2 .
First download 2.0.0-RC6(there is RC7, but it didn't work somehow),
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorD/rmmv-preload-manager/2.0.0-rc6/TDDP_PreloadManager.js
and replace line 255 to
var path = window.location.pathname.replace(/\/[^\/]*$/, "./");
then remake indexfile.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV

GALER

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Person1

Angra
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got the same problem as Kane Hart.
It won't load the default title screen theme and it asks if Theme6 exists which I have it as an ogg file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leebob1997