Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I've completely forgotten to mention that, but the plugin creates / updates the index file on play test; so after adding the plugin, changing (add/remove) assets or changing the index file name in its settings, you need to test the game first before you deploy for it to update it.

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello! With my Mac, the plugin works well. With the PC of my friend, he can start the game, but he always has a music delay. Do you know why?
If you need some details, tell me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, this is the screenshot.

ThomasHarris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please click on the line to show it in the script. But if it's the latest version, it corresponds to this:

if (this.path.includes("audio")) {

Which means the browser running the game on the device doesn't support the includes function on arrays. I'll make a compatibility mixin for this.

ThomasHarris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Please click on the line to show it in the script. But if it's the latest version, it corresponds to this:

if (this.path.includes("audio")) {

Which means the browser running the game on the device doesn't support the includes function on arrays. I'll make a compatibility mixin for this.
Yes, that exact line, this only happens on Android devices, this is IntelXDK emulating Android as well and the same error.

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi, do you have brought some improvement to your plugin?
If yes, can you publish the latest update?
Thank you!

BigTaro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galenmereth,

Awesome plugin!  I have a strange glitch when using your plugin (2.0 RC6).  Disabling the plugin makes the issue go away.  I assume you are caching the hue-shifted enemy and it seems to be constantly hue-shifting the enemy which makes it different colors every battle with that enemy.  Steps to reproduce:

1. Change slime battler to a hue shift of 150 in the enemy settings.
  2. Have a map that has a high encounter rate (I set it to encounter every 1 step to show off the bug easier).
  3. Enter into multiple battles with the same troop.  It will hue shift the troop by 150 every battle but it seems to stack so the colors are changing.
glitch2.jpg

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just testing with a new project. Have 3 plugins: This (V2), Yanfly Core, and Yanfly Battle Core. Everything's loading and running smoothly. I have setup on game load to cache every animation, and combat runs great! There are 2... odd bugs though.

First, in the yanfly battle core, magical, physical, and certain attacks have animations play before being cast. for some reason, animation 52, "StateDown1", doesn't wanna preload! When I use a magical spell, the game noticeably lags, and is clearly loading at that instance. The curious part, animation 110 for using Certain Attacks preloads just fine. I have no idea why this one animation isn't preloading, when others are.

Second, and the far far WEIRDER bug... The game reopens itself upon closing! But... o-only sometimes!? And, only when the preload manager is installed! Uninstall it, and the game closes fine. But with this plugin installed, hit that X button to close out the game, and sometimes it'll close itself, wait half a second, then reopen and play itself once more! I have no idea at all what's causing this. Weirdest bug I've ever seen in RPG Maker. 

Other than these 2 things, this plugin's working great!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone. I just want to pop by quickly to say that I am reading your bug reports and feedback. Real life and work has kept me busy and I haven't had time for a while, but my vacation is starting now which means I should be able to get around to it finally :)

Thanks in advance for your patience.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Take your time! You've given out already an invaluable tool for free.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Am I correct in believing that this should be helping to remove the latency on a battle animation the first time it plays?

I have the plugin settings setup to preload the entire img/animations folder, but when an enemy attacks, the first time the attack animation shows, there is a large drop in frames, basically the same as without the plugin. This is despite the fact that the debug info says it pulled the img from the cache.

Where is this cache being stored, by the way? The actual process doesn't seem to use any more memory than usual, is the reason I'm not seeing any performance increase because it's not caching files properly?

edit: also, as a test, I set my entire img/ folder and the audio/bgm and audio/se folders to pre-cache. The result was that the system BGM for the title screen didn't load at all. I cranked up the cache size option to allow all files to load, without dropping some, and noticed the bgm would play after several seconds, but the game would close on it's own if I didn't press any buttons or do anything only a few seconds after that. I did not experience this before using this plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your work!!!! Good luck!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Am I correct in believing that this should be helping to remove the latency on a battle animation the first time it plays?

I have the plugin settings setup to preload the entire img/animations folder, but when an enemy attacks, the first time the attack animation shows, there is a large drop in frames, basically the same as without the plugin. This is despite the fact that the debug info says it pulled the img from the cache.

Where is this cache being stored, by the way? The actual process doesn't seem to use any more memory than usual, is the reason I'm not seeing any performance increase because it's not caching files properly?

edit: also, as a test, I set my entire img/ folder and the audio/bgm and audio/se folders to pre-cache. The result was that the system BGM for the title screen didn't load at all. I cranked up the cache size option to allow all files to load, without dropping some, and noticed the bgm would play after several seconds, but the game would close on it's own if I didn't press any buttons or do anything only a few seconds after that. I did not experience this before using this plugin.

First off, it should remove the ltency of battle animations upon first play, but this can depend on your animation:

1. Does it contain a ton of SFX and chained events / effects within it?
  2. Do you have plugins that modify and extend animations?

It should not be necessary to load the entire img/animations folder; the plugin will automatically preload a battle scene upon starting it, including all its animations. The feature of preloading entire folders is something I should add a big warning about, as depending on the amount of files it can be a very bad idea. But to reiterate: this plugin will by default and automatically preload all assets for maps and battle scenes upon starting them. You do not have to manually configure preloading of entire folders of assets.

The cache is stored in the "browser" (nwjs wrapper) and thus in your computer's memory. You will not necessarily see it use more memory than usual.

The last problem you mention is curious. My first guess is that nwjs doesn't like the vast amount of assets loaded for some reason; I'll have to perform stress tests to confirm this. But I would recommend not preloading entire folders unless it's for folders with limited amounts of assets, or assets with small file sizes.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The animation in question contains one sound effect, and is six frames long.

I started using the manager to preload the entire animations folder because it was missing some, it wasn't a permanent solution, just one to help troubleshoot what's going on.

The animation itself isn't attached to a skill, it is set via notetag on the enemy, which I think is a feature of Yanfly's battle engine core, though I'm not 100% sure on this.

<Attack Animation: 156>

That may be why it isn't being preloaded automatically. However, in the example I gave, the debug console actually shows the animation as being a "hit from cache" but still lags as if loading it new anyway.

Galenmereth

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how Yanfly's plugin actually loads the animation though, there might be a problem there. But that is definitely the reason it isn't preloaded automatically, yeah.

darkelite

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I don't know how Yanfly's plugin actually loads the animation though, there might be a problem there. But that is definitely the reason it isn't preloaded automatically, yeah.

I'm using Yanfly Battle engine core along with his plugins for more controls on the battle skills. My skills have notetags that plays the animations and I have the same problem as @Ramza.

Laurent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, did you improve your plugin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xafir