Prelude - Act 1 * FULL GAME AVAILABLE *

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by TheRangeStudios, Jun 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. TheRangeStudios

TheRangeStudios Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​
     ​

Director - Methera

Storyline - Methera

Producer - IsaZav

Art Direction - EverArtist

SCRIPTS USED

Xail System  Core by Nicke

Xail System Interact by Nicke

Xail System Map HUD by Nicke

Xail System History Book by Nicke

Xail System Press Start by Nicke

Xail System Icon Items

Galv's  New Item Indication by Galv

Galv's Character Effects 2.0 by Galv

Galv's Message Background by Galv

Galv's Message Busts by Galv

Galv's Layer Graphics by Galv

Galv's Region Effects by Galv

Khas Awesome Light Effects by Khas Arcthunder

Vlue's Proximity Detection by V.M. of D.T.

ART AND GRAPHICS

Tilesets provided by:

Lunarea

Tekepon/First Seed Material

Klex/Phil (Coming of Age)

Enterbrain & Degica(Purchased DLC)

- Lunarea

- PioneerValleyGames

- Sherman3D

Charsets Provided by:

Lunarea

Klex/Phil (Coming of Age)

- Lunarea

- PioneerValleyGames

- Sherman3D

Other Graphics By:

PV Games

Nicke

MUSIC AND SOUND

Leady

DigifishMusic

FreqMan

Sandyrb

BowlingBallOut

Kuroseishin

Soundscalpel.com

SoughtAfterSounds

Blimp66

Taira-Komori

gregswinford

tfsound

bulbastre

felix-blume

vann-westfold

justkiddink

Scythus

Enterbrain & Degica (Purchased DLC)

- Quigon

- Kairi Sawler

- JDBArtist

- Joel Steudler

THIS WILL BE UPDATED

=====

You are welcome to volunteer to further test the game, and let us know of bugs, you'll be credited.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    Omega Five likes this.
  2. Monkeysnow55 The Cookie

Monkeysnow55 The Cookie Cookie Queen Veteran

First Language:
    Cookie
    It says this file is malware and a virus can you fix it plz?

3. TheRangeStudios

First Language:
    English
    We've tested and scanned the file on three different computers, there seems nothing to be wrong with it. Can you post exactly what you are getting? It could just be a false positive.

Either way, we are uploading a new file post scan just to make sure.

4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Okay, I got stuck in the Art Room. Father's supposed to be there, but he's not, so I don't know how to get the story moving :/

5. TheRangeStudios

First Language:
    English
    Inside the art room as you go in to ur right theres a seat. Theres supposed to be a game sign next to that chair that is facing what we made to look as a giant canvas. (Its using the table tiles) so in other words just talk to the white area after the pink seat.

I thought we had fixed that in the lastest build of the demo but i guess we hadnt

If nothing happens let me know.

6. nhubi

nhubi Title goes here Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Oh my, I just finished this and it's brilliant, well conceived, beautifully portrayed, both in visuals and mostly characterisation (there was one that didn't ring true to me), I don't know why this doesn't have more attention. There were a couple of glitches that I posted over on the game page on RMN. I'd reiterate them here except I put in a couple of screen shots and it makes no sense to reinvent the wheel. Overall, I thoughtfully enjoyed this game, and the 90 minutes I spent unravelling  the mystery left me wanting more.

I'll say the same in the rate out of 5 thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  7. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You need to report Game.exe as a false positive to the appropriate anti-virus programs (i.e. Norton) if you're having that issue. :) Downloading to play...

Also errr why did I randomly go Game Over when I went left when the snow man told me to go left? <_<

edit: Oh, alright, because the scarecrow told me not to listen. I suggest adding an auto save or ANY kind of save function for that matter.

Also I have no idea how to solve the first "puzzle" with the light orbs as I'm not given any clues or direction...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  8. nhubi

nhubi Title goes here Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    The coloured orbs, where it talks about the mirror effect? Basically just mirror the first image of orbs you see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  9. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

I don’t want to be an absolute destroyer, so I’ll simply state what I think is wrong with the design:
    *Navigation is very shaky. Entrances are hard to spot, windows have visual clues but DOORS do not.
    *Mapping needs work, especially conveying where the exits are (block all the screen edges that are NOT an exit point).
    *Who are these people and why should I care? All I could figure out is that I’m sick. My father makes statues and I’m supposed to have a good voice (didn’t sound all that amazing to me but hey).
    *No player ever wants to be stuck on slow walking speed. Enable the dashing. I don’t care how sickly she is, it just turns players away.
    *Do NOT change the rules of how the game operates midway. If I can’t go over the top of the towers at first, don’t change it later.
    *Dialog feels too long and wordy for what’s going on (as it’s not particularly engaging).
    *Player guidance is weird. I had assumed I had to find a lamp (hey two rooms were dark and told me to, how was I supposed to know?) but instead I had to go to bed? This would be easy to fix with eventing, such as making the character refuse to go into the dark rooms and reminding us she should head to bed, or even triggering the event automatically when entering her room.

I’ll be honest: this game has too many bad choices (most of which I think are simply from inexperience, so don’t take it too hard) to actually know what’s going on. I don’t know what the plot is, who the characters are, what the goal is supposed to be, why is my manor so busted up…I don’t think I can even speculate at what the game is all ABOUT. I had assumed it was about light and darkness from the title, but the only thing I had time to see was an odd dream.
    It feels like this game is only an early prototype. Too many things feel too raw and unpolished. All the points I stated above are a good way to start and at least get the most unappealing stuff out of the way. Good luck.

10. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Random thoughts

i love the lighting and shadow effects! its awesome how the shadow actually moves a bit tho
    i don't know how realistic that is

when you enter rooms the lighting effect is delayed a bit. that hurts the immersion

foot prints! :D

the game gets really laggy in the first dream when you get to the 4 mirror room and walk in the river

once you get into the east area of the manor. you really need to put a save point that's quick to find.

whats with the staff lobby??? i keep freezing. i cant move every couple of steps and theres a monster in there to make it worse

i was getting a lighting effect crash when the giant spider attacked me. then it just stopped

i wish when you use the medicine it would stay on that screen so you can use more if needed

those doorways/windows are so misleading! should remove them.

General-Dropped 2 hours in (could not progress anymore)

This game had potential to be something and i say had because it seems the developer went awol...

it has things that need to be improved and i could not finish the game unfortunately (reason below)

hopefully at some point he comes back and improves this...still its a good experience i would recommend.

Overall

has flaws but worth playing

Dropped where? why?

Location of the 4 keys- i am missing the one which the clue is Time is just a prop to Art

i tried using the clue and just ignoring it and interacting with everything i can find. to no avail  and i re checked everything at least 3 times. sadly i am out of ideas.

Lag?

when your in the dream world there is a room with 4 mirrors and a gate up top.i am not sure if its the game programming or my pc is too weak?

but when i walk in the "river" the game slows down quite a bit

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
    JosephSeraph likes this.
  11. AnimeGirl

AnimeGirl Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Don't you have al Walkthrough or something please?

I'm in the Secret Garden and need to run away without killing.

12. RandomPerson

RandomPerson Guest

I love the game so far, and had absolutely no trouble solving it so far. It's so well made besides slight grammatical errors and spelling but... I need a walkthrough or guidance for fighting the boss monster in the garden... what do I do with the shining mirrors? How do I defeat it???