Presentation Planning (CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by BreakerZero, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Redacted until further notice. Due to recent planning changes for my business model and various other factors beyond my control, all planning, advice and other relevant information on the subject is no longer being considered nor accepted, and the logistics and scheduling of any potential presentations have been canceled.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. dulsi

dulsi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    As someone who doesn't like presenting, I would look for something small to start. At the BostonFIG Talks I went to, they recommended meetup.com for finding local groups. It could be an indie game developer group but other groups like general computer user groups or Linux group if you are using MV and can run on Linux. (My brother jumped to doing big conventions for work (not game related) so you can obvious just jump in.)

What sort of presentation are you thinking of doing? Is it simply a sales pitch for your game? Are you doing a post mortem on your development? Would it be a general presentation about RPG Maker that features some things you have done in your game? Personally a presentation that is simply a sales pitch is the least interesting. For most presentations, I'm looking for what I can learn from it and apply to other projects.

3. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Obviously I can start small, of course - the idea is the same regardless of audience. And I don't want it to sound business-like either so that's not even an issue. As for a meetup.com profile, what category is best for my purposes?

L.W. Flouisa likes this.
  4. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I suggest to have family or friends check out your presentation, and see if they like it. If they do, then you could search for sites or buildings where people meet or have presentations. If they don't, be aware that your cause might be too specific. ;)

5. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A few unanticipated developments and closing remarks. First, I managed to find information on a local co-working center but I'm not 100% certain if the investment for that would fit my needs at this point. Second, my expectations for audience and scheduling options have been negatively impacted since my initial post on the subject (in other words, for reasons beyond my control the billing and logistics regarding audience and intentions for this kind of presentation event will neither be scheduled nor considered at this time). In addition, the specifics of my business plan have also changed and will have to be re-accommodated at a future date. In the meantime, I regret to announce that I am closing this discussion until further notice by account of the changes and adjustments for my current situation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.