Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, my name is Kenneth and I'm 26, I'm looking forward to improve the community as I can and provide music for your projects. As an ex-RPG MAKER user, I understand how you guys feels about the portofolio spammers, and I'm not one of them, I really think my music can suit at least one of the community's game.

I'll post my portofolio on commercial project when I get the approval from the moderators. But just for feedback I'll post it here too, no recruitement tho, thanks.

Hope you enjoy ;)  ! and nice to meet you guys!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to General Resources. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry about that, but it's my first day on this forum, and there seems to have plenty of sub-forums that I'm still not aware of.

Thanks for your comprehension!

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i like the music... thnx for sharing...

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you wolf for your feedback, I appreciate it that you like my music!

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump, just to say that I've updated my portofolio, see in OP. Thanks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rachma334, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Added "La Rose Noire", a theme for an end credits...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you actually posting this here for people to take and use in their projects?  Or are you just posting it as a portfolio of what you're capable of, in preparation for being able to post in the commercial area?

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As a portofolio of what I'm capable of, and preparing for commercial project, tho I still need to increase my DAW skills...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so what you've posted here is not for people to use in their games, even if their games are free?  Will you be offering free resources, or only via commission?  (just don't think this thread belongs here, as stuff here is for people to download and use, and that's what's going to happen if it stays here - if you only want to offer stuff via commission, you probably shouldn't have jumped the gun - should have waited until you met the requirements to post in that area)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll take only via commission, know why? I've spent 2000€ on my DAW + VSTs, plus experiences as a pianist (since I'm 6 years old) and experience mastering my DAW.

I know this thread doesn't belongs here, but the moderator moved it to here, and I won't allow any stealing my job, no downloads available on my portofolio. Now you know why...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you should have waited until you qualified for the commercial area.  You caused the confusion by being impatient.  I'll bring it to the mods' attention to have it moved where it should go.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Those are just compositions as a pass time, not focused on a certain game, however i'll still won't tolerate any stealing, I've posted it to show what I'm capable of, didn't knew the mod'll move it in "Ressources" as I posted it as a presentation (as the thread's title is) in "General Discussion".

And thanks for letting the mods noticing this, much appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nobody is going to steal anything (though really, if you put stuff out there, there's always the possibility that there will be people who will use it even though they know they shouldn't - ask any artist or look around on the web for resources that have been shared despite the artists' requests not to).)

You posted it as a portfolio.  General Discussion wasn't the right place.  The mod assumed you were sharing (as most people do when they post their portfolios) so moved it to where they thought it belonged.  If you're just showing stuff off, the Art, Literature and Music forum is where it should have gone.

Your mention of wanting to set up a commercial thread and just wanting feedback on your work made me think that maybe this wasn't the right place, because it sounded to me like you weren't posting for the purpose of sharing.

Now that everything is cleared up, someone will move it where it really needs to go, and when you qualify, you'll be able to open your commercial thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just to confirm, Resources section is only for items which are being made available for others to use.

`

I've moved this thread to Art Literature and Music. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please note that to post in the Commercial section, the requirement is a minimum of 30 meaningful posts.  Things like "Bump" and "I've done a quick update" won't count towards that total.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok thanks... how will I know when I'm allowed to post in the Commercial section, if not all the posts count (even this one)?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure how you can tell before posting but I know that your posts in that section won't get approved until you do.  But honestly, if you're just worried about getting enough to qualify you may never make it.  The purpose of the commercial section isn't to help people find business opportunities.  This forum is already part of a business, it could actually be hurtful to Degica's business interests to allow the commercial section to exist here, but they do it anyway.  The point of that section is as a service to the community.  The thirty meaningful posts is just an easy way of saying "you have to be a member of the community to use this forum".  If you're not really here to be a part of the community, it's not going to work out for you, even if you were allowed to posts there anyway, because people are much more likely to work with a friend or known forum member.  We used to get a lot of people coming just to advertise in that section before we added that rule, and those threads got forgotten and ignored very quickly.

Rachma334

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I understand, but I'm an artist and may not touch again one of those softwares, but want to help the community to accomplish their goal by selling their games, and they may need some help, since RPG Makers and IG Maker require already a lot of time and effort. It's a bit of a barrier you put by allowing only those with 30 posts to post in the named section, but at the same time I understand  for spammers, and I understand that working with a friendly bunch of people is better.

I just hope that people appreciate my music first of all, and as I said I can't afford to do free commission, so meanwhile I try posting useful comments to get to this approval, silly as it may sound, but I hope you guys mods understand my kind of situation.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
signcentre12