Press a button to move an object (Help please)

Vazoverse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So a part of this dungeon involves pressing buttons to move storage containers located elsewhere. At the beginning of the puzzle, one button corresponds to one storage container (which is what I'm focusing on at the moment). So, I have each part of the storage container as different events and I tried to link them (and the button) through a conditional branch. When I go to run the game, I go onto the button but the storage container doesn't move.

I am, admittedly, inexperienced. So, I thought to reach out and get some advice on the matter. I have attached pictures in hopes that that would help.
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you and have a great day. :)

Attachments

• Help 7.png
    Help 7.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Help 6.png
    Help 6.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Help 5.png
    Help 5.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Help 4.png
    Help 4.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Help 3.png
    Help 3.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Help 2.png
    Help 2.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Help 1.png
    Help 1.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 5

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um, to move the box you need to activate that switch that you've used in condition branch. You didn't do that. Switch name is not the same as event name. On button event page, add command "Control Switches" and set that "CargoStorageBox1" switch to ON there.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
dont have the button turn on a switch and the switch move the crate.
just have the button event move the crate and then turn on self switch so cant step on it again.

i foresee 1 problem you might run into with this. you will need something to have the crates remember that they have been moved the next time you re-enter this map.
this can be done with either separate events so after the crate moves that event gets turned off while the event it moves into gets turned on. (see screenshots)
or could use a plugin that saves event locations

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 3

Vazoverse

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help! I used what the both of you suggested and now it works! I really, really appreciate the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonahcisco