RMMV Press start screen with different title image?

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So since my game is retro style, i want a press start screen. But since the main title screen is just a black screen with nothing but the command list, i want to add a different title image with the logo and different music. However, there is no plugin i found that lets me do this. Is there one out there, or can it be made?

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...none of which do what i need them to do, which is change the title image and music.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a simple press start plugin, but no different sound, just 2 images,
background and press start button.

but not fancy otherwise, how exacly do you want press start? press start
with own background and music, than different background for menu command
and music for those or the same?

but if you want full control, it's probably better for MAP Title Scene.

joepmeloen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Skip the whole title screen with a plugin and with an autorun event randomize the picture to show.

I did the same thing, but I load a different map on the start up, you may check it here as for an example, http://crypchania.com/webrpg/
Refresh or reload a couple od times to see a new map

Your event should randomize or not or even let it depend on whatbday it is or time to load the picture and the sound.
If you like you can use the choise menu to; new game, load, game, credits and other stuff you want to show.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@joepmeloen nice idea, but event a map titlescreen IS one of the best way
to make things really unique (as long as it fits the game).

it's also very catchy, I like it, but that part can also be on progression part.

so you basicly start around this also require a plugin, but it keep going up,
most progression, or all save files to gain more dynamic title scenes/press start.

but that require a variable y to randomize variable x, for the title scene.

like random variable y = variable x
if: variable x = 0
transfer 1
end
if: variable x = 1
transfer 2
end

you can make this list as long as you like, variable y = always 0,
while x increases among al savefiles.

you also need a failsafe on this part in order to avoid a crash like:
on the the beginning of it: like if you have 10 different titles:

if: variable x >=10
variable x = 10
end

this so when it has 11 or 12, and it will roll 11 or 12, it will be frozen, or no screen.
this secure that the variable cannot go over 10, so it will roll between 0-10 =)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...none of which do what i need them to do, which is change the title image and music.
Eli's plugin supports using a scene map, which I think is exactly what you want it to do. There's also HimeWorks' Pre-Title Events.

joepmeloen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@joepmeloen nice idea, but event a map titlescreen IS one of the best way
to make things really unique (as long as it fits the game).

it's also very catchy, I like it, but that part can also be on progression part.

so you basicly start around this also require a plugin, but it keep going up,
most progression, or all save files to gain more dynamic title scenes/press start.

but that require a variable y to randomize variable x, for the title scene.

like random variable y = variable x
if: variable x = 0
transfer 1
end
if: variable x = 1
transfer 2
end

you can make this list as long as you like, variable y = always 0,
while x increases among al savefiles.

you also need a failsafe on this part in order to avoid a crash like:
on the the beginning of it: like if you have 10 different titles:

if: variable x >=10
variable x = 10
end

this so when it has 11 or 12, and it will roll 11 or 12, it will be frozen, or no screen.
this secure that the variable cannot go over 10, so it will roll between 0-10 =)

That is an great idea. You could even edit the variable wich choses the scene to load, like when you progress the game or something. Altough you need to load the save file before you see the title screen wich is possible with some coding even eventing.

There should also be a plugin ready for run event before save wich needs to xy and map coordinates od the player then transfer the player back to the title screen.
When the save is loaded transer player to xy + map cordinates to play further.
When there is no save which also means the xy and map variables are empty = 0 you should be transferred to the beginnen of the game, with an if else statement.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a simple press start plugin, but no different sound, just 2 images,
background and press start button.

but not fancy otherwise, how exacly do you want press start? press start
with own background and music, than different background for menu command
and music for those or the same?

but if you want full control, it's probably better for MAP Title Scene.
honestly i want it exactly like you said with the press start with own background and music, the different background for menu command and music for that. i can't use the map title screen because i don't like that, and i still want the original title.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i can't use the map title screen because i don't like that, and i still want the original title.
You seem to not understand the point here - if you load a map, it will run any events you set to autorun.

When you're running an event, you can make the game do anything you want. You never need to see an actual map, you use event commands to play background music, display an image over the screen, a text window saying "Press Enter", a script to send them to the normal title screen, etc.

That is what the plugins being recommended to you will do. If you don't understand how to do that with those plugins, then a separate thread in support or in the release threads for those plugins is an appropriate place for the questions; but you keep telling multiple people that what they're saying isn't what you want, when it is.

Additionally, I also recommended to you the Himeworks plugin which skips the step of loading a map and just runs the event you created. It seems like you're responding to and rejecting people without reading and understand the answers you're given.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You seem to not understand the point here - if you load a map, it will run any events you set to autorun.

When you're running an event, you can make the game do anything you want. You never need to see an actual map, you use event commands to play background music, display an image over the screen, a text window saying "Press Enter", a script to send them to the normal title screen, etc.

That is what the plugins being recommended to you will do. If you don't understand how to do that with those plugins, then a separate thread in support or in the release threads for those plugins is an appropriate place for the questions; but you keep telling multiple people that what they're saying isn't what you want, when it is.

Additionally, I also recommended to you the Himeworks plugin which skips the step of loading a map and just runs the event you created. It seems like you're responding to and rejecting people without reading and understand the answers you're given.
but i don't want to use the map title, i already said that.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you read my post? If so, can you give any kind of explanation for why you don't want to use the technique that will do exactly what you want?

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want the map title because it won't have the same commands as the menu. how will the player start a new game if they're already in-game? It won't be quick or easy, and it won't feel the same as the normal menu.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want the map title because it won't have the same commands as the menu. how will the player start a new game if they're already in-game? It won't be quick or easy, and it won't feel the same as the normal menu.
You do realize you can event those commands, right?

For example, starting a new game is really little more than transferring the player to the map where the game starts. That is easily done with an event command.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are not reading the answers given to you. The map runs an event that displays the picture you want, plays the music you want, and "Press Start" in a text window.

Then when they press Enter, the next command in the event takes them to the regular title screen. It will have all the same commands that it always does. It is the quickest and easiest way you can do this, as at least three people have told you in this thread.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugins are much easier than events. i'll just use himeworks's plugin. because there's no possible way i'll EVER use the map title plugins.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugins are much easier than events. at this rate, i'll just use shadowdragon's plugin if i can find it. because there's no possible way i'll EVER use the map title plugins.
Except the Map Title plugin literally allows you to set up your screen how you want. You have a ton of freedom by using events.

Not to mention, it's useful to know how to use events like this.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugins are much easier than events. i'll just use himeworks's plugin. because there's no possible way i'll EVER use the map title plugins.
...you have to make the event for that plugin in exactly the same way you would using Eli's. The only difference is whether or not you double-click to place the event on a map.

It sounds like you are not comfortable with events and the commands in them. Here are a few good tutorials...if you don't use events, you will not be able to make anything more than the most simplistic game (heck, if you don't use events you can't leave the first screen!).

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mooshry , it's what @ATT_Turan said, using event parts, you can make it
ffully to your liking, but aside for that for a moment. This is what it does shortwise:

1) MV Default Title Scene:
Places a OWN background found in titles1/title2 (frame) not sure why only Title1 though
you can place music, and command will be there (this is far the basic one)

2) Evented MAP titlescreen.
this can be cutscene before command window (normal choices or picture)
(you can see my "evented main menu" which can be used for this as well.
scriptcalls are required like "SceneManager.push(Scene_Load)" to load
a saved file (only downside here is you cannot select one if all are empty)

but the possibilities are pretty much endless

3) PLUGINS
while there are some nice plugins, you can set it up the way you want.
Own background, different command menu, effect, etc.

Here are some (outside mine), but sound isn't added in my plugin YET and
not sure if I have it because I use a nice one :) suitable and awesome.
also because of some features it has and modified it for another feature.

plugins with title scenes
1) MOG_CustomeTitleScene can have some nice animation, there are others as well
2) SRD_TitlePictureChoice is a nice one, but require 1 or 2 other plugins in order
to work, but you can make very unique buttons this way and effect to it.
like scale down, slide, fade etc.
3) TSR_Title (former TSR_Quit) can have press start, have nice command
menu effect like, fade, pianoeffect, you can even have a command cursor.
this one is my favorite and also using it.

while mine is VERY basic if I have it, it doesn't have any custom sound BEFORE
the actual title screen, probably the same, else I need to dive for the sound
in order to add it.

but it's really up to you though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twin_A