Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @mjshi

Would you be able to help me out with making a small edit to MP that I'm using compatible with your plugin?

Here's the code I currently have. What it does is changes how your current MP number is displayed (no longer shows max MP, and moved over current MP to better align with the HP number), as well as creates a second layer to the MP bar (so at max MP, it would have filled up twice).

Having this code either above or below yours seems to overwrite your plugin's MP bar.

Code:
Window_Base.prototype.drawCurrentAndMax2 = function(current, max, x, y,
                                                   width, color1, color2) {
    var labelWidth = this.textWidth('HP');
    var valueWidth = this.textWidth('0000');
    var slashWidth = this.textWidth('');
    var x1 = x + width - valueWidth;
    var x2 = x1 - slashWidth;
    var x3 = x2 - valueWidth;
    if (x3 >= x + labelWidth) {
        this.changeTextColor(color1);
        this.drawText(current, x1, y, valueWidth, 'right'); //Change to x3 to line up with CURRENT HP, x1 for MAX HP
        this.changeTextColor(color2);
        this.drawText('/', x2, y, slashWidth, 'right');
        this.drawText(max, x1, y + 1000, valueWidth, 'right');
    } else {
        this.changeTextColor(color1);
        this.drawText(current, x1, y, valueWidth, 'right');
    }
};

Window_Base.prototype.drawActorMp = function(actor, x, y, width) {
    width = width || 186;
    var color1 = this.mpGaugeColor1();
    var color2 = this.mpGaugeColor2();
    var color3 = this.textColor(30);
    var color4 = this.textColor(31);
    this.drawDoubleGauge(x, y, width, actor.mpRate(), color1, color2, color3, color4);
    this.changeTextColor(this.systemColor());
    this.drawText(TextManager.mpA, x, y, 44);
    this.drawCurrentAndMax2(actor.mp, actor.mmp, x, y, width,
                           this.mpColor(actor), this.normalColor());
};

Window_Base.prototype.drawDoubleGauge = function(x, y, width, rate, color1, color2, color3, color4) {
    var fillRate1 = Math.min(rate * 2.0, 1.0);
    var fillRate2 = Math.max((rate - 0.5) * 2.0, 0.0);
    var fillW1 = Math.floor(width * fillRate1);
    var fillW2 = Math.floor(width * fillRate2);
    var gaugeY = y + this.lineHeight() - 8;
    this.contents.fillRect(x, gaugeY, width, 6, this.gaugeBackColor());
    this.contents.gradientFillRect(x, gaugeY, fillW1, 6, color1, color2);
    this.contents.gradientFillRect(x, gaugeY, fillW2, 6, color3, color4);
};

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is bug, but using both the Yanfly Battle Status patch and the Yanfly Absorption Barrier patch, the additional barrier HP doesn't seem to be shown on the battle screen.View attachment 176520
When checking HP using Yanfly In Battle Status, the barrier shows up just fine however. Absorption Barrier is working, it just can't be seen unless you flip over to the status screen.

View attachment 176521
I tested this using a fresh RPG Maker MV project and minimal plugins.

Hmm, I can look into that but it's possible you can swap around the orders of the various patches to get it to work. Otherwise, it might be a bug with how Yanfly Battle Status Window interacts with Absorption Barrier.

@Vis_Mage Unfortunately, the MP bar is drawn and updated outside of the drawActorMp method. So you'd have to patch SpecialGauge, which animates-- and that's not really easy to do because that's built very specifically.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mjshi

Hi there!

I've been having some trouble lately with the latest version of the Pretty Sleek Gauges script. I'm not sure what the problem could be, perhaps a compatibility issue with one or more of the scripts I have set to ON so I was wondering if you could help when you have the time.

I want to continue my project with this plugin you put together in regards to Rocketmancer's version and Vlue's version but I feel more and more less willing to do so as I can't figure out what the problem(s) may be. First, It doesn't show the Max HP and MP of actors when in and out of battle even though I set it to be ON in the YEP Battle Engine Core script so it will show. It doesn't show that when in the party menu outside of a battle and when I go to the in-battle equip scene that wouldn't be possible otherwise without a script (I have YEP_X_ChangeBattleEquip in my plugin list set to ON to enable this).

Second, there seems to be a compatibility issue with Modern Algebra's Global Text Codes script from 2015. I want to have different font colors for HP, MP, and TP so I decided to incorporate their script into my plugin list for my project; I couldn't find another more recent script that would allow me to change the font for HP, MP, and TP, unfortunately.

I've tried turning off the majority of the plugins that I have in my plugin list aside from having set to ON (there are others not mentioned in the following but I turned those OFF and then ON again once I realized they weren't behind the problem I've been having) the following: YEP Core Engine, YEP Battle Engine Core, Equip Core, YEP_X_ChangeBattleEquip, Pretty Sleek Gauges, Global Text Codes, MOG Battle Cursor Frontal, YEP_X_Selection Control, YEP Target Core, and YEP Main Menu Manager.

Anyway, hopefully there is a fix to this. I'm not sure what the problem could be at this point given the amount of process of elimination I've already done by setting OFF and then ON again the majority of the plugins I have. I've attached a few screenshots to illustrate the issue. One shows the current and Max HP along with the current MP and Max MP (seems to only show that when the Pretty Sleek Gauges plugin is set to OFF) for one actor while the other two screenshots illustrate what I am having trouble trying to figure out. The one image that shows "/125 HP" (this image was taken while I was in the YEP_X_Change Battle Equip scene) is what can be seen when I have Modern Algebra's Global Text Codes plugin and the Pretty Sleek Gauges plugin set to ON.

Attachments

• Gauges 2.png
    Gauges 2.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Gauges.png
    Gauges.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Gauge 3.png
    Gauge 3.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@JPlaysan

I think the text being squished might have something to do with the change in font, but yeah, any plugins that modify the HP bar in any way will be incompatible. The fix itself will depend on your individual combination of plugins.

A thing you can try is to put the plugin and all its addons on the top, but otherwise you might have to PM me your project so I can see what's up, since it seems like you have a lot of things going on.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mjshi

PM sent. I tried to put the plugin and its addons to the top of the list but the issue persists still.

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hi! I really like the plugin overall a lot, but I had this weird bug.. I'm using GALV's Bust Menu plugin and together with the Pretty Sleek Gauges it creates this weird extra EXP bar in the main menu of my game (the EXP bar is repurposed as Hunger bar in the game, sorry for the confusion) I tried removing all the changes the Bust Menu does for EXP bar and text, just so it doesn't create contradictions with your plugin, but it didn't have any effect. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Fear & Hunger_ TERMINA 25_02_2021 17.49.30.png

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I spent hours on trying to get rid of those black lines when numbers are scrolling. It's the same with TP, MP and HP and it looks quite off. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone can help? It's just a fresh default project - no other plugins.

Unbenannt.png

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tw0Face

One method for that issue would be to darken the window skin so as to hide those lines. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Bozodo

Lily Dreamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tw0Face

I guess that wasn't just me then. I also noticed this when using this plugin.

I discovered a workaround but no real solution. Setting the font size to at least 30 seems to get rid of those black lines. Not sure why this happens.

Also, I solved the issue had earlier with the Absorption Barrier points not showing.
In case people wanna use Pretty Sleek Gauges, YEP Absorption Barrier, and YEP Battle Status Window all at the same time, I made a patch. Haven't fully tested it, but it seems stable enough to use.

This is intended as a replacement for the original Battle Status Window patch and should be placed below the AbsBarrier patch.

PrettySleekGauges_YEPBattleStatusWindowPatch_ABSPatch (github link)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tw0Face
There's some issues with how the plugin clears and re-draws numbers that cause those black lines to be there (it's due to the previous numbers not being erased cleanly, so some of the artifacts stick around). I've been meaning to re-work it for awhile but never had the time to as it's kind of a big project. For now I can try to take a look when I'm more free and adjust how we clear things a little bit.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corim