Not open for further replies.

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
If you make an event that has as trigger either player touch or event touch, and the player touches that event, immediately before executing whatever code you placed in it, that event will turn towards our direction.

My question is the following, Is it possible to prevent an event to turn to the player's direction when interacting with it THAT ISN'T DIRECTION FIX?

(I still want the event to be able to turn to other directions as it walks around, I simply don't want the event to turn towards the player)

That said, I have to add that I only want this feature for some particular events, and not all of them. So if you know a script that might help, it should let me decide which event's wont turn (via script call, comment or w/e).

Thank you~

In case you were wondering, what I'm doing is a common event where I check if the player touches the event's back (the event is moving). But if i put the (ie) condition: "Player is turning up and event is turning up" and "event's y < player's y" (RM Y Axis is inverted) turn Switch No. 10 On.

But as you can tell, this doesn't work since the event will turn towards the player BEFORE executing these orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
You can still use direction fix just before the event interacts use an event movement command and turn on direction fix. When the event is done talking to you, do another movement command and turn it off. :)

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
You can still use direction fix just before the event interacts use an event movement command and turn on direction fix. When the event is done talking to you, do another movement command and turn it off. :)
It works O=, however it'll be quite troublesome to plan out, since I need the event to follow the player (yes, I forgot to put that), meaning it might turn indefinite times while doing so... While this leaves the event on a fixed route =\

THANK YOU THOUGH, I'll just wait for some other solutions~ But I really do appreciate the help.

EDIT: I just remembered of the turn toward player command while on a fixed route, I'll get back to you when I try it out.

EDIT 2: OK so I managed to make it work~ It'll require that I device the event's visual range, but It'll be worth the trouble as long as it works in the long run. So, thank you very much ^-^. I'll still wait for some other answers though, just in case someone else has a better solution or someone else wants it simpler~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion