Prevent massive camera angle with high resolution.

Hefaustas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The title might be confusing, I'll explain. I made my game to be ran on 1920x1080 resolutions, on fullscreen but there's an issue with the camera angle just being too big.

My character is extremely small compared to everything and entire maps are visible from just standing in one position. Any plugin to fix this, or any way of zooming in somehow?

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Do you need your game to be at 1080p though?
It's better to use lower resolutions as the screen size will just stretch. It'll look a bit blurry, yeah, but it's still better than having miniatures of everything and this would also give problems to people playing on lower resolutions than 1080p (for example, low-end laptops still tend to use 768 or 900p). It can also affect performance on low-end hardware. 1280x720 is, from what I've seen, the most common resolution people tend to use around here.

If you still want to go on with 1080p, I guess this one could be what you need:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no - because what you have is what you required by increasing the screen size.

1) zooming means you make a smaller screen size (for example 1440x720) and then use zoom (150%) or let windows handling the fullscreen zoom automatically

2) you can change the grid size of 48 pixel to a higher number, because that is the true resolution (what most people call resolution is screen size, and that misnaming is one of the many causes of problems like you have).
there is a plugin to o this, but because the editor works only with a resolution of 48 pixel per tile you'll have to trick mapping with two sets of tilesets, and you'll have to use photoshop or gimp to resize everything.

3) you might find a manual zoom plugin to replace the automatic windows zoom, but that manual control will require you to really understand what you're doing, or you will end up with worse blurring and distortions compared to 1).

Hefaustas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the answers, I'll see what I can do. Might end up just resizing to 1280x720 or some other resolution, as really, nothing is stopping me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188