Prevent player from switching team mates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this is possible but I thought I'd ask. If I want the player to control only the character he created and not the team mates following, how would I do that? What's to prevent them from switching actor places and then walk as if they are that actor character?

Mystic_Enigma

Just bear with me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
--Disregard this, thought they meant something else.--

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the System tab, under Menu Commands, uncheck the Formation box.

This will allow you to have multiple party members, but the first party member will always be the leader.

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes! Thanks so much. I totally missed that. (I never use that area of System command)

I have one more question. When I test played a new game I had "Show player follows off" and made a save. But when I turned "Show players follow on" the save file does not show anyone following even though I gained a party member. Is this because I need to make a new file for it to work?

If so, is there any way to turn back "Show player followers" with files that started off with no players following?

Thanks so much!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That might be something that gets set when you start a new game, and is then saved and read from the save file, so if you had it turned off and saved, then turned it on again and resumed your save, it might not update from the database settings.

Easy fix. There's a Change Followers event command - maybe on page 3? Not really sure. Just throw that into an event somewhere.

As that was really unrelated to your first question, you probably should have reported this one as solved so the mods could close it, and started a new thread for this one.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Between Rona and MZ, might as well buckle down and get serious in dev
I did it. I finish the test after 2 days 6 different subjects. Now I'm freeeeeeee
Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.
I'm so amazed at this ABS plugin for MV. This is a plugin that can literally fulfill my biggest game dreams, creating an Ultima VII-like game. Below is a video of a quick scenario I created to test out the plugin. The music in the video is my own composition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeverCoreCore