Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

When we press the space key, the events in automatic speed up. I would like to prevent the player from doing that.
Is it possible ?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not 100% sure, and if we do find something it may require a plugin. I have that kind of question myself and it's annoying as **** for my needs as well so I'm with you on this. Closest thing I can think of is perhaps maybe if we can mod the slow text plugin I've seen before so that it also intercepts scene speed-up but I'm not sold on if it would actually be enough to do what you want it to (and for the record, I only tried it once).

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello BreakerZero:kaohi:

Do you know this kind of plugin? I think it's something pretty basic and it must exist, but maybe I don't have the right search words because I didn't find anything in the plugin lists. :/

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The slow text plugin is for exactly that. Not sure where it was in the master lists, though. The most probable reason for which I gave up on this plugin is that it doesn't account for another aspect of the problem such that it not only affects the text flow but also the visuals meaning that NPCs move at a similar rate to the text itself.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaohi: Try saving this as a .js file and importing like you would a plugin:
Code:
Scene_Map.prototype.isFastForward = function() { return false; };

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, so easy and it works well!!!!!:kaoluv:

How should I put this plugin in my plugin list (rather up or down)?

Thank you Caethyril

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Down is probably best, otherwise another plugin might override it with something different. Happy to help! ^_^

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much, Caethyril:kaoluv:

My problem is solved.:kaocry:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz