Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've searched high and low on google and I've searched vigorously with key words in search in the forums. None found. That being said (so it's not stated "This question has been already asked, please look for it moderation" kicks in). Here is my question unless it's not possible to do this within Maker. I've also looked for PLUGINS (other than the MOG EVENT TEXT - see below) to do this, none to be found or else Google fails me.

How do I make a picture stay stationary on the map screen so it does NOT follow with the player like pictures traditionally do?
Any place I put in with X,Y the picture goes to that location on the screen itself but follows the player on the entire map. I would like to place a picture on object (like a treasure chest) or a wall, so when the player approaches said picture he/she will see it. When they walk away, the picture remains stationary and moves with the map not with the player (like when placing a treasure chest etc when you walk towards it you'll see it appear on the map via scrolling).

Is there a way to do this, or is this a limitation of the program that you can't?

Reason why I ask is because one of the plugins I use (MOG EVENT TEXT - see this plugin for details what I'm trying to accomplish) does not work with one of my other plugins so I'm reverted to placing pictures on the map in order to make a puzzle mechanic to work properly.

Thank you very much!

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Yes, there is a lot of plugin that do this.
You can try bind pictures to the map plugin.

You also can use parallax plugins for that.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your vigorous search was futile because you're looking for the wrong key word.
Here's Bind Pictures to Map plugin : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/bind-pictures-to-map.46776/

FYI, the game map and the game screen have their own dimension (X, Y). Show pictures are bound to the game screen, which are the place for windows, UI, etc.

Anyway, I heard there are many issues with the plugin. Proceed with care.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you I'll look this up. @Kuro I typed in the exact words as the threat topic is. No reason to say futile not my fault the search failed.

This is the only work around? With this plugin? There is not an event you program in with variables or position? If not, then this would make a good feature to ADD to future releases of rpg maker. Thank you.

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digimanthan