[PRG VXA] How to add a switch to a script function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devildimos

I ruin memes for a living
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello Everyone!

I am a big failure when it come to scripts. I might be able to adjust a few lines here and there. But this seems to be too complex too me. :s

I want to add a switch to the slip damage function to turn it true or false for the damage, regain, state counter to trigger.
If the switch is false the state will remain there doing nothing but be paused until the switch is true.
I am using Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3 and Bug Fixes for Falcao's Pearl ABS Liquid v3 by Sixth. which overwrite that function. Instead it to function by steps taken it works by seconds.
In the image below is the "Bug Fixes for Falcao's Pearl ABS Liquid v3 by Sixth." starting at line 1225 with that function.
Slip Damage.png
I am trying to make a turn based system using a ABS and eventing. So I think adding a switch to that will be the best way to control when the state effect will trigger and the time of the state.

Thank you in advanced

Last edited:

Devildimos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cannon Fire!
*BUMP*
I think we hit something...

Devildimos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bump
So I tried fuzzing with the cooldown of skills. See if I could place a switch there to stop the count.
But that did not work. I might have to request for a patch for both state count and cooldown count.
Coldowns.png

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your issue is using a single = instead of ==. = is assignment, == is comparison. If you do "if $game_switches[3] = true", you're literally setting is to true and then checking whether setting it to true results in true, which it always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started to paint again after it didn't fit my female character. (I really intend to draw women)

I was more focused on female characters than men.

Score Rundown for the demo I'm trying to get done before Halloween, Or around it. Ending is based on your score currently.
Oh goooood, why am putting so many skills into my game AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoLightningProductions