Print game crash stack

orcomarcio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi,
sometimes my game crashes without communicating any error, is there a way to print the stack to a .txt file beforeit closes itself?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Theoretically yes, but I don't think that will help you.

If the error were in the game and it's stack, the browser would still display its error message.
what you describe is a browser shutdown, not a game crash (because all MV games are HTML5-games run in the browser).
That should only happen either by command (and you would remember if you had entered the close command in one of your events) or by an external interference (like the antivirus shutting down an suspected infected website.

In fact that would be my first guess - that is was your antivirus (or a similar background program) that forcefully shut down the game without message because it falsely identified it as a virus-infected website. Can you check the logs of those programs if anyone reports a quarantine or other action at the moment of the shutdown?

orcomarcio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I'm not 100% sure I checked in the right place but I didn't find anything for the moment. A thing i noticed is that messing with the sound buffers increases the chances of crashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana