Print game crash stack

orcomarcio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi,
sometimes my game crashes without communicating any error, is there a way to print the stack to a .txt file beforeit closes itself?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Theoretically yes, but I don't think that will help you.

If the error were in the game and it's stack, the browser would still display its error message.
what you describe is a browser shutdown, not a game crash (because all MV games are HTML5-games run in the browser).
That should only happen either by command (and you would remember if you had entered the close command in one of your events) or by an external interference (like the antivirus shutting down an suspected infected website.

In fact that would be my first guess - that is was your antivirus (or a similar background program) that forcefully shut down the game without message because it falsely identified it as a virus-infected website. Can you check the logs of those programs if anyone reports a quarantine or other action at the moment of the shutdown?

orcomarcio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I'm not 100% sure I checked in the right place but I didn't find anything for the moment. A thing i noticed is that messing with the sound buffers increases the chances of crashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Another screenshot from my 3D RMMV project, this time from an inside map:

I have lost count of how many times I have used assorted Mexican foods as test variables, or console.log messages. Listen... I just write taco a lot. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuskingan