Printing MV stock characters on T-shirts and Mugs

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would I be allowed to print MV characters on physical products?

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think if you use them for your private use at home it's okay. You should really ask Archeia. As far as I know the license doesn't allow any other use except inside the RPG Maker engine. :/ Maybe they will do an exception. However in my opinion is any publicity, good publicity.  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately publicity isn't the only part concerned, and Archeia is the wrong person to ask - you need to PM Lunarea when she's back for a special licence, because the RTP is only licenced to you for use in games and in game screenshots.

People needed to get a special OK even when placing RTP on a website for the game, so any merchandise with it will require you to check with Degica first.

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately publicity isn't the only part concerned, and Archeia is the wrong person to ask - you need to PM Lunarea when she's back for a special licence, because the RTP is only licenced to you for use in games and in game screenshots.

People needed to get a special OK even when placing RTP on a website for the game, so any merchandise with it will require you to check with Degica first.
Excuse me,about "People needed to get a special OK even when placing RTP on a website for the game,"

Is this means If we Show the Edit of RTP or RTP itself on a website? I think your mean is RTP which without edited to be showed on a website right?

And how about show a Html 5 version  Game made by RMMV on a Website? which one just like the Pro-order Site Demo.

Tks. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was talking about the past with Ace-RTP, it's a bit different for MV especially because MV now has HTML-Export, but it still needs to be cleared about non-game uses.

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I was talking about the past with Ace-RTP, it's a bit different for MV especially because MV now has HTML-Export, but it still needs to be cleared about non-game uses.
Thank you for your reply!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ringoman