Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay to be honest, I have no idea how I should start a request for something so... big. I mean I at least see it as big others might not. To be honest I don't expect anybody to help me but I thought I might as well post since I might be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway the request is simple to state, but hard to probably do. See recently I decided I wanted to do a VX Ace Project using the XP RTP However, I could only find one Tile set to use and it was a tile set made for general use nothing specific. I eventually reached the decision that a better way to utilize the tiles, was to make 4 separate tile sets like in VX(Ace), where it is divided into Field, Exterior, Interior, and Dungeon. So I began resizing and soon realized that its a bit beyond my capabilities (Granted, I am terrible at anything artistic).

SO, my request is for 4 tile sets made from the XP RTP, and chances are that there will be quite a few tiles left over even if they were divided into 4 tile sets but I felt that gave more flexibility than the generic one. I already know that this is probably a really hefty request and the chances nobody takes it up are, high... but I had to at least put it out there and see if there was any possibility.

*Also I am aware that the only way to use the XP RTP in VX Ace is to simultaneously own XP alongside Ace... I just thought I would throw that out there in case somebody brought it up or something of that sort.*

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to understand exactly what you want - the XP tiles resized and formatted for Ace or just formatted for Ace?  Formatting them for Ace, I don't think would be that difficul using a free program like Gimp. You would just need to cut and paste them into the right sized sheets.

As for resizing them, I'm not clear on why you would need to do that. Many people use XP tiles in Ace.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the resizing is because the Ace autotiles have different rules than XP does so he's trying to make it fit by just scaling it down. The autotiles is where most of the problems with converting things to be used in Ace come into play.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sharm is correct about the autotiles that is where I have trouble with things in regards to sizes amongst other things, beyond that though its mostly the formatting of everything else. But the number of autotiles that would go into those 4 tilesets causes my brain to melt into mush thinking of how to get them all to work for Ace.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotcha, I wasn't thinking of the autotiles. I thought you meant resize to fit the sprites or something and that left me scratching my head.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figure if I reach 3 bumps without a response from anybody interested in doing this I'll have a Moderator close this.

*Bump*

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
so the main problem is with the auto tiles ?

i only use an have xp , but is vx ace really small or something?

why cant just use xp auto tiles? impossible?

careful if not used to resizing things then it can make things blurry

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ace uses different rules for autotiles than XP does, I think XP's are way better though. In Ace the corners are 16x16, the edge pieces are 16x32 or 32x16 and the middle is the only thing that stays 32x32 and everything comes out boxy.

supercow

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
ah i see, but wait if the auto tile already fixed like that then changing it might need to alter lots of portion , which requires some really good skill in editing, i see how its a problem , sadly i cant help since im not an ace user and dont have experience with ace .

[ everything come out boxy ? ] i really have no clue about ace :guffaw:

maybe it would be better to just use ace resources? or maybe its just not compatible with xp tiles huh?

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It definitely wouldn't be better to use Ace Resources especially when the XP RTP is so beautiful. However I understand if its not possible hence the title of my request.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well thought that since some time has gone by and that this was to fall off the first page of requests I'd give this little thing a bump...

*Bump*

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I felt I waited an appropriate amount of time before bumping this again... I mean its well over 3 days, anyway...

*Bump*

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well time to give this a bump, I figure you know someone might be interested in doing this at some point so I may as well keep it alive to let others know I will always be interested in finding/obtaining these resources. I was also thinking that maybe if others were to honestly respond showing their interest in obtaining said resource someone might feel more encouraged to make it. I also modified the title so as to maybe make it a little better known what I want in case someone doesn't read the preview or open the topic. Well anyway...

*Bump*

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One thing you need to remember - unless you own XP you can't use the tiles. Do you?

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am currently waiting for a sale, if I am not mistaken there is an easter sale, but even if I don't own it that doesn't stop me from requesting one now does it. Especially since I do for sure plan to obtain XP, since it has a lot of resources I would like to use and I already knew that I need to own it as was part of the first post. I just made it really small because I felt it wasn't really part of my request.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thought while I was on I would bump this as when I get back to RPG Maker I do still want/need this, I appreciate the help from everyone even if all you did was read this. Also could someone PM me so I might be certain, there is an Easter/Spring Sale usually right? Or am I mistaken?

*bump*

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One week has gone by so I thought "hey, why not?"

*bump*

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well its been almost a month, so yeah bumping the impossible request.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it's been so long, chances are nobody has them in the format you require, or nobody wants to take the time to do them, and I'm sure you understand the complexities involved. Your original request is not very clear, either. XP has 50 different tilesets. There's no way, even if you divided them into field/exterior/interior/dungeon that you'd be able to combine them into a single set of Ace tiles for each group. And the difference between the autotiles and the size and way the buildings, cliffs, etc are made in XP, many of them just can't be converted to autotiles, which means the majority of autotiles would end up being empty and the A5 and B-E tiles would all be full, so you're not able to use up all the space available in the Ace tiles.

If you REALLY need them, you might just have to bite the bullet and start working on them yourself. Though I do recall someone else had started to work on converting them, so maybe instead of waiting for them to see your thread, you should go looking for theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot