[Probably simple] A way to display the enemy's name in the battle victory message

Austintatious

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After every battle I want it to read:

"You ended [insert enemy name here]'s life! And for what?"

"200 Gold"

"Broadsword"

Is there something that will allow this built into VX Ace? Right now it lets me insert the protagonist's name but that's it.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Try this:

Code:
#==============================================================================# ■ Meow Face Battle End Enemy Name display#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Display Defeated Enemy names at the end of Battle#==============================================================================# How to Use:# Plug & Play, Put this script below Material and above Main#==============================================================================module BattleManager#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# ◎ Starting of Alias Methods#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  class <<self      alias meow_battle battle_start    alias meow_win process_victory  end  def self.battle_start    meow_battle    @meownames = $game_troop.enemy_names2  end  def self.process_victory    @meownames.each do |name|      $game_message.add("You have defeated "+name)    end    $game_message.add("And for what?")    meow_win  end#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# ◎ End of Alias Methods#--------------------------------------------------------------------------endclass Game_Troop < Game_Unit#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# ○ New Method#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def enemy_names2    names = []    members.each do |enemy|      names.push(enemy.original_name)    end    names  endend

Last edited by a moderator:

Austintatious

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That works beautifully MeowFace. The only thing I had to do was delete the existing victory message in the Vocab script. Thanks again!

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
You're welcome! ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl