Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody,

I use the plugin YEP_CoreEngine to allow me to enlarge the game window size.

But for some reasons, I would like to disable it.

Except that if I disable YEP_CoreEngine, I have a strange bug that appears :dizzy: :
When an NPC wants to move, and there is an invisible event, the NPC gets stuck while before he passed without problem!

It's an invisible event just to tell my player that he can't go behind if the player is walking there. The event is below character and is triggered by contact. And even if I put "through" on the character, he can't pass.:dizzy::dizzy:

I don't know if it's normal but I've never had this kind of bug before because I have this YEP_CoreEngine ON since the beginning of the development of my game.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please show screenshots of all pages of the invisible event? You can use alt-prt scn to capture the whole event window and only that window.

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you have a screenshot of the invisible event. :)

But I open a new project to check, and without YEP_CoreEngine, a NPC can't go through a empty event (but the character can). So, it seems it's normal, but for me it's so strange!

In addition, there is absoluetly no option in the YEP_CoreEngine plugin about this function. So, what happens?

Attachments

Last edited:

SouthernShao

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, RPG Maker MV does not allow two events to cross one another unless you set the option of 'Through' to the event that you want to cross other events.

So for example, in the picture above, if you want the NPC to cross the event on the left, check the 'Through' option. I don't know if this is a fix while using the plugin(s) you're using, but that will stop the issue from a default perspective.

This makes it problematic if you're setting the NPC on a random movement route, but if you set the route to fixed, you can simply toggle the NPC's through state right before they're set to walk past another event, then switch it back on after they've passed it. This way at least your players won't walk through the NPC (for the most part).

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's default behavior of MV, Yanfly's core engine takes it away. It's even said in the yep core engine video.

Poupouille

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian, french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that having placed the YEP_CoreEngine plugin early in the development of my game, without thinking that it corrected this problem. And as I have to delete it now, I should retest the entire game, which would take me a considerable time, and I have to release my game soon! :(

Is there a simple plugin that corrects this event problem? Because I have to delete YEP_CoreEngine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
When you feel annoyed by all the jokes and fake news, since in your country April's 1 is just a regular day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alanboss