Problem Exporting Game...

Derahex

Supreme Ruler Of My Own Mind
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
HELLO WORLD. I'M GOING TO GREET YOU LIKE BY SAYING I NEED HELP AND RELEASING CAPS LOCK.

On a more serious note, I'm going to do like so many before me and create an account for the sole purpose of begging for help on a notion answered countless other times! Yay! Now let's get this over with.

I've been trying to compress the early demo of my game, but when I try it, I get this error before the title even appears:

Script 'Cache' line 106: RGSSError occured.​
 ​
failed to create bitmap​

This only seems to happen when I encrypt the game data.

I've tried checking the script, but my very limited (If not non-existant) scripting knowledge doesn't allow me understand what's going on. I've previously snooped around on google and from what i've seen it's a problem with the title screen.

So I tried removing the custom title screen image, having no title screen entirely, but no-go. I've also tried creating a random test project, this one works. I've also tried copying the whole project to a new one (I was desperate) And I still get an error.

I hope you have patience, because if my dumb luck is still hanging around (And chances are, it is.) it'll take more than one try...

I will be graciously waiting.

Sincerely,

Yours truly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the error basically says that there is a problem with finding the file for a resource picture.

since it only happens when you encrypt the game and not on a normal export, it's most probably a picture that will be loaded by one of the added scripts, and where the original scripter used the wrong method to load the file - there are two methods in the game engine that could theoretically be used to open a file, but practically only one of them functions with an encrypted game - the other load method fails as soon as it tries to load from an archive.

please link to all the scripts you've added, then we can look where the wrong load command is and how to correct it.

If you want to look for it yourself, install the backtracer script from tsukihime's blog, it'll list the function and script that called the wrong method before the error message occurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'll try the script and get back to you on that. Thanks!

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Eh, I'm having trouble with the script, it says check the console, only I don't know how to open the console...

Also, here are the scripts I'm using :

Yanfly Ace Core Engine

Yanfly Battle Engine

Yanfly Element Absorb

Yanfly Element Reflect

Yanfly System Options

Yanfly Ace Message System

Yanfly Adjust Limits

So, here.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eh, I'm having trouble with the script, it says check the console, only I don't know how to open the console...
You enable the console in the editor menu "Game" where you also have the "Playtest"
And I asked you to link the scripts, not list them - it takes too much time to search around the web for every script when someone has a problem...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used to use most of those, and haven't had that error... the only I haven't used so far is the Message System so it might be worth a look on that one...

Though on the other hand, Yanfly's scripts are used by a lot of people... so if it's really caused by that, then a lot more people should have already reported this same problem... so it could also be that you have set something to a wrong value...

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You enable the console in the editor menu "Game" where you also have the "Playtest"

And I asked you to link the scripts, not list them - it takes too much time to search around the web for every script when someone has a problem...
1: I've tried to open the console while playtesting, nothing appears on the console. Besides, the error only appears when I open the compressed game .exe

2: Sorry. I should have thought about that.

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/

Should be easy to find. they are all under the tabs on top : RMVXA: Core scripts/Battle Scripts

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I don't think it's one of those scripts.

Are you using Yami's Overlay Map script?

Do a global search (Control+Shift+F) for the following strings, and let us know if either of them give you results, and what script it says it's in:

Filetest

File.exist?

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
I wasn't aware that it might have to do with the script. Sorry!

Are you using Yami's Overlay Map script?
I am ONLY using the scripts I mentioned in the above post:

Yanfly Ace Core Engine

Yanfly Battle Engine

Yanfly Element Absorb

Yanfly Element Reflect

Yanfly System Options

Yanfly Ace Message System

Yanfly Adjust Limits

@Shaz:

Do a global search (Control+Shift+F) for the following strings, and let us know if either of them give you results, and what script it says it's in:

Filetest

File.exist?

I got no results from either searches.

Derahex Out.

(NINJA EDIT: FIXED QUOTE)

(EDIT: FIXED ANOTHER STOOPID QUOTE)

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I GOT SOME MORE INFO:

I don't think it's the Yanfly Ace Message system since one of my idea testing games has it and it doesn't crash when exporting an encrypted archive like my actual game does.

Also, the error message says it's in the cache script thing

"Script 'Cache' line 106: RGSSError occured.

failed to create bitmap"

I've checked on Line 106 and this it what it says:  @cache[path] = Bitmap.new(path) unless include?(path)

That is all

Derahex Out.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think all that replied so far knows that part already... I think Shaz already helped somebody who had that error before, so I think she has the most experience with this...

Derahex

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
WELL. Nevermind everything. I figured out what the problem was. A .pdn (Paint Dot Net) File was located in the graphics folder, that's what was glitching it. Hence the "Failed to create bitmap".

TOPIC CLOSED. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*
Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh