Problem importing title screen into MV

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I wanted to import some bonus title screens from the rmmv-essentials set. The problem is that they don't show up in my database. Importing them with the resource manager seems to work fine though:
(Titles that I imported are: Floating City, Evil Throne and Hammer)

Unbenannt.png

When I try to change my title screen in the database, they don't show up:

Unbenannt.png

I don't really understand why is this. I hope someone can help.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title screen must be in PNG format in order MV/MZ editor can see and use it.
Also, make sure imported images are in your game project files, not in MV main directory.

I can't tell more, because I manually import files into project. So I don't use Resource Manager

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender the problem has nothing to do with formats or how to copy, because the resource manager does nothing else than copy the files into the project.

@Venex the problem are your filenames.
MV and MZ create HTML5-based games, and those require filenames to follow networking rules.
A browser always has problems loading files that break those rules.

and one of those rules is "no spaces" (which is why spaces get replaced by %20 in error messages, the browser simply can't handle them even there.
Remove the spaces from those filenames and they will become available in your game.

The editor simply filters them - and that is the reason why for example the default pictures are "SF_City" and not "SF City" - the underscore is allowed under networking rules, spaces are not.

(there are other rules, but that is the only one I see broken in your screenshots)

EDIT:
That also counts for the place where your project is stored, if those folders break networking rules any file can become problematical.

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I tried both solutions and for some reason, converting the title screens to png worked for me. Renaming the images didn't work, I don't know why. I can even use them in RPG Maker with spaces in between.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can even use them in RPG Maker with spaces in between.
that is because Windows has an override that tries to force spaces down the browsers.
But that override has been known to fail sometimes, and it will fail if you deploy to non-windows systems (mostly because those other systems handle the space problem in a different way)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karuu