Problem reading weapon info from the database

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ze1, Jun 3, 2017.

1. ze1

ze1 Veteran Veteran

Hello,

I ran into a weird problem. For some reason, the game isn't reading some of the equipment parameters correctly from the database. Things like attack, defense, hp etc come with the wrong values, while other things like equipment name and price seem to be correct. Here's an example...
    The database in the json file, with data on the Rusty Sword and Small Sword:

[​IMG]

And here is what the game is reading from the database:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the cases above, it seems that the game messes a bunch of stats but attack. However, that is not true, there are some weapons that also have the wrong attack value. Oh, and some weapon sprites also seem to be wrong...
    Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what's going on... :(

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    either something broke the json files, or you have a plugin that is incompatible with another part (or defective).
    Or you could have loaded an incompatible old savefile - does this happen if you start a new game as well?

Can you give us a screenshot of your plugin manager?

3. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

Switzerland (but originally from Germany)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like you're using Yanfly's plugins.
    The item core plugin makes your weapons and armor independent with a random fluctuation.
    You can change that fluctuation in the plugin's parameter settings. It's called "Random Variance".

4. ze1

ze1 Veteran Veteran

Oh, setting that variable to 0 fixed it :D
    What a weird option to be enabled by default. Thanks! I feel bad it was something so simple... I should pay more attention next time :p