Problem removing menu options

Discussion in 'VXAce Luna Engine Support' started by nerdmor, Jul 17, 2015.

1. nerdmor

nerdmor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello all.

I'm sute this is a dumb question, but my Google-Fu and trial-and-error methods have failed me.

I'm trying to edit the main menu and, as a POC, have it only display the "status" line.

Looking in the code, I though that commenting some lines would work (printscreen in the spoiler)

[​IMG]
    However, it appears Luna is overwriting the main Window_MenuCommand. Not a problem, let's just find how to di=o it in Luna.

I then followed this guide and ended with the code in the following spoiler:

[​IMG]
    However, when I run the game, I get this:

[​IMG]
    All the "blank" menu items are selectable and work, ignoring their text (in the printscreen, the "status" item takes me to the debug)

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I am at a complete loss!

Thank you in advance!

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    CP Command Menu Config script already does that for you...Go read the instructions!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    nerdmor likes this.
  3. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As Archeia mentioned, use CP Command Config script. You'll find that it has a "section" for each command. Erase the sections of the commands you don't need and they will disappear. Just make sure that you erase correctly so you don't break the script. Every section has to start with a  "}"  and end with a "},"

Read the instructions at the top of the script to understand better how this script works. :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind there's an easier way. Just set :appear to false to whichever command you don't want to be there. XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    nerdmor likes this.
  4. nerdmor

nerdmor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks to both of you. I was confused on WHICH script was actually creating the menu.

So making this clear: to save a bit of memory and processing, I could just comment out the whole "native" menu creation, as it bears nothing in the final menu generation?

5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Well, if you do that then we can't provide support at all since that is user inflicted process and not something we established.