[Problem Resolved w/ Yanfly doodads not saving, Was a PC issue.] [Will report for removal]

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Phoenixsylph, May 5, 2019.

?

Have you had this same error before?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenixsylph

Phoenixsylph =w= just chillin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just test on hand, an actual file of something I was working on as well as a brand new file. I show the folders, everything is where it needs to be places, File paths, ect.

The new game file I have it in is here [the second one I tested, with just the neccessary plugin files in use.] http://www.mediafire.com/file/g9ycuxn75j3bdz6/Shitmessedupman.rar

I've already asked in a few discord threads, it seems not many people have use it before. I just cannot use it of course if it doesn't save, it would mean a lot to me if someone was able to reach out with this issue! ;w; [also curious if anyone else has this bug report, have not been able to find it on research!]

Yanfly Plugin original source:
    http://yanfly.moe/2016/09/17/yep-116-grid-free-doodads-rpg-maker-mv/

2. BlueMage

BlueMage Slime Lv99 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Never put your game project in Synch folder (OneDrive), try to move project folder to disk D or E

Phoenixsylph likes this.
  3. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh gosh! Thank you!

I moved the folder on over to my desktop folder as well, still does not save the doodads, It's so weird that it won't save them.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Maybe it's something related to permissions, try to run as Administrator and check if the doodad.json file isn't marked as read only. I'm using yanfly doodads plugin for some time now and I never had this problem. And try a project without other plugins, only Yanfly core engine and Doodads activated, everything else is unnecessary.

Phoenixsylph likes this.
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Browsers have problems with filepaths that do not follow networking rules.
    If the path to your desktop includes any letter that is not allowed under networking rules (like spaces or non-latin letters), that will cause problems both with loading and saving.

Phoenixsylph likes this.
  6. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I did, in the video above you can see me do it twice, once in a brand new project with just doodads and stuff needed, and then one in a current issue, same problem. [I understand if u skimmed it though]

Yeah. It's weird. I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling rmmv on steam, because I'm starting to wonder if mv and my computer are having issues or something, or my mv is glitched? Idk...But i was trying to play someone elses game [another friends worked, but for that I'm getting error messages the dev doesn't understand, and for everyone else it's fine.] I might try to factory reset or see if that helps, but i think there is just something wrong with my MV, possibly. Does the same on the new file too. It's weird. I tried run as administrator on both.

The .json doodads file if you open it just says
    [ null]

Just like that, with two spaces, reinstalling/extracting the file into data doesn't do anything, it's the same either way/

Edit- @Andar
    Good to know. I'm reinstalling rpg maker mv and installing it again, I'm gonna make sure there are no spaces/ non latin letters in the path, and make it in a new file as well again. I'll post back once I test everything, hope this fixes it, i appreciate this btw, Idk if it will work, but this is good to know!

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your post is absolutely unreadable without marking it - grey font on white background is not nice, and not all users switch to dark themes.

That said, the path to the editor doesn't matter - it's the path to the project that is the problem.
    The editor is a regular windows program that has no problems with any path that is allowed by windows.
    Just check browser messages - any letter that is replaced by a %-number (like spaces are replaced with %20) indicates a letter that the browser has problems handling. That after all is the reason for the replacement code instead of using the original letter...

Phoenixsylph likes this.
  8. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    C:\Users\tiffa\Desktop\TestBattleHud

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I just had google chrome things added because I've been having really bad eye problems so the white hurts my eyes on low brightness, but I had no idea it just changed my text for other people--I thought it was just personal viewing preferences for me, I didn't think it switched on anyone, weird. O.O;;

C:\Users\tiffa\Desktop\TestBattleHud\img\doodads

This is the path, there is no % here or anything like that. [also, thank you again, sorry about the text, and thanks for letting me know.]

Or, if there is a specific spot or place I should save my game, just let me know where, If putting in on the desktop or in my documents won't work, not quite sure where I should place the folder, but even keeping the default img\doodads it still doesn't save.

9. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    You have core update and community basic still active, maybe it's worth to try to turn them off, but I don't think they're the problem anyway.

Click with the right mouse button in the doodads.json file and you will se a check box of the read only option, if it's marked maybe that's the problem.

Phoenixsylph likes this.
  10. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I get the selection box with copy paste ect like it opens in a notepad document, If that specifies read only, how do I change it? This is just what I got from downloading the .json file from yanflys grid free doodads plugin page. ;w; not quite sure how to change the file >>;;

Ah, and I will try it without those then!

11. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay guys, I think it's my computer itself. My computer is showing only having a c drive. And that's it. When I looked it up other users have windows 10 issues with a missing e and d drive it is. Thank you for your help. I'm probably going to need to factory reset, and I'm sorry for the trouble.

EDIT- sorry for double postings, admins, feel free to close this thread!!]

Attached Files:

12. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if you want your topic closed, you need to report it to the mods - they don't read every post or title

13. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    My computer only has a C drive too and I can use them just fine... Having drives E/D whatever is just a matter of having your disk partitioned (or other stuff like a DVD drive or a multi-disk setup), it shouldn't really be a problem, especially when you're installing/saving on the drive where Windows is installed anyway..

14. Phoenixsylph

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    factory reset help, I think old file is corrupted. Works in a new game now. Problem was resolved. Might have been a virus on my computer or something interfering? Not quite sure.

Thank you everyone for your help..just looking for the report thread option and can only see report post?? ;x; I feel so stupid, maybe it's my eyesight but i can't find it?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  15. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Phoenixsylph likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.