Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have been mapping a dungeon which involves using the boat to get from one island to another.  In order to check passability, transfer events and such like, I put the player's starting position on the map, together with the boat's starting position.  

I have done all the preliminary testing, and now need to move on to testing switches, etc. etc., and so want to use the actual party in the proper game play sequence.  I put the starting position of the player back to where it should be, but leave the boat's starting position on the map concerned.  I then pick up from the save file and enter the map - but no boat is visible and I have no idea why.

Can someone tell me what I should have done?

Thanks.  (And if the answer is - you have to start a New Game to initialize this, I shall throw myself off Waterloo Bridge, as I'm 12 hours of game play in.)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, if you're playing with a save file created BEFORE you positioned the boat, then the boat will be wherever it was when you STARTED the game.

What is the point of putting the player's starting position back to where it should be, if you're not going to start a new game, but use a save file instead?

In order to save your sanity, though, I will point you to tab 2 of Event Commands, second command under Movement: Set Vehicle Location.

Add it as a parallel process that auto-erases, play, save, then remove the event.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In order to save your sanity, though
yes, it will do just that.

The point of doing it the way that I normally do is that when I pick up from an existing save file i can check that I've got all my conditionals correctly implemented e.g. in the present case, if I've spoken to a particular NPC certain things will happen and if I haven't then I get stone walled.

EDIT

And, of course, it worked.

Thanks,  Sanity indeed saved.  It's been a grueling day in RL and an uppity boat was all I needed to round it off to perfection!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

at OP's request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88betscom