Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there,

New here, after issues with getting the email confirmation email (doesn't work with googlemail it seems. I tried years ago as well and gave up with it) I have come with what would seem a rather simple problem but its been a rather frustrating one all the same.

I don't know why but when I transfer from one room to another. It just doesn't do it. I have got it working in the past. Its literally simple but the editor for me just freaks out it seems.

whilst i'm here I must also ask. Now i have my parallax setup. my room lags for a few seconds upon entering the game. Its not a big map by any means being only 50x50.

anyway video to my issue if that helps...

So to reiterate, its supposed to go from maps titled garrison final > north, but instead its transfering me to the bottom of the same map.

video lags as camstudio free version sucks. My pc runs the game/editor fine.

thanks folks.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May I ask what parallax method you are using? Is it from editor with the overlay there as a picture or something else...
You could just maybe have the same parallax for your other map maybe...

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Go to your tramsfer event, open it up and make sure it's at where you want to be. Also make sure on the north map and in the common events there's no autorun or parllel process events that have the ability to move the player character, if they do you need to fix t b at event so it doedn't interfer with your transfer event.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

That's the process there

Go to your tramsfer event, open it up and make sure it's at where you want to be. Also make sure on the north map and in the common events there's no autorun or parllel process events that have the ability to move the player character, if they do you need to fix t b at event so it doedn't interfer with your transfer event.
ive checked and double checked the transfer making sure its right. even deleting them and recreating them. As for events, i dont have any. they are more or less blank maps.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the player does not end up where it supposed to be on a parallax map, then that means that the parallax map is not focused on the map as it should be. Unless you really broke the engine with plugins, the player cannot go to different coordinates by a simple transfer command like that, so instead of the player ending up wrong it has to be the parallax map that is placed wrong.

Please specify the exact size of your parallax in pixels and check if the plugin you're using is installed correctly and working.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the player does not end up where it supposed to be on a parallax map, then that means that the parallax map is not focused on the map as it should be. Unless you really broke the engine with plugins, the player cannot go to different coordinates by a simple transfer command like that, so instead of the player ending up wrong it has to be the parallax map that is placed wrong.

Please specify the exact size of your parallax in pixels and check if the plugin you're using is installed correctly and working.
I'll recheck the size when I get home but really doubt it's measured wrong as it looks fine in the engine. As for the plugins, I only have three installed and nothing crazy. One that exports the map, and the other two can't remember names off hand but they are to connect to the map. Bindmaptopicture and another one.

Is it possible to pack the game up and have someone else open it and look at it? Not asking you to but I'm sure someone wouldn't mind.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll recheck the size when I get home but really doubt it's measured wrong as it looks fine in the engine. As for the plugins, I only have three installed and nothing crazy. One that exports the map, and the other two can't remember names off hand but they are to connect to the map. Bindmaptopicture and another one.

Is it possible to pack the game up and have someone else open it and look at it? Not asking you to but I'm sure someone wouldn't mind.
Yes, you can pack the game up and have someone look at it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bloodlines
while it is possible to give someone the entire project, that is usually not neccessary if you give screenshots of for example the plugin manager to check if there is something wrong there.
And I suspect the map dimensions because you got something wrong there - in your OP you say that the map is 50x50, but the map properties show 25x35. So either you have a typo somewhere or you mixed up your numbers, and a wrong size for the parallax is the most common cause for the problem you described.

Simple test: Place a real tile on the position where you teleport the player to. If the player land on that tile, but the tile is not where it belongs on the map, then it is the parallax that is wrong.
If the tile is where it belongs on the map but the player ends up on a different position, then something broke your engine and messed up the transfer command.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any like region restrictions? I notice that when you're on the north map you walked down a cliff, so I'm just curious...
I really don't know much about the binding to map plugin, but you're making pictures, so maybe you have to erase pictures? Unbind pictures? I don't know, it just confuses me why you walked down cliff as if you WERE on the correct map, but the parallax still showed up.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bloodlines
while it is possible to give someone the entire project, that is usually not neccessary if you give screenshots of for example the plugin manager to check if there is something wrong there.
And I suspect the map dimensions because you got something wrong there - in your OP you say that the map is 50x50, but the map properties show 25x35. So either you have a typo somewhere or you mixed up your numbers, and a wrong size for the parallax is the most common cause for the problem you described.
The Garrison map is 50x50
It's parallax is 2400 x 2400

as for regions, i may have them as they are needed for binding the map for using parallaxes are they not?
the North Map is 25x35
It does not have a parallax

i've uploaded it anyway. if anyone can have a look. apologies about the size.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xigo9wpjjg59g3t/Bloodlines.rar

"

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I ended up searching the plugin to see if it can unbind. Why don't you try to unbind your pictures from your map during transition and see if it helps... Might not... I dunno...
UnbindPictureToMap_options1.png

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you erase or override pictures #1 and #2 when exiting the map? Pictures shown with the Show Picture command (which the Bind Picture To Map plugin uses) will stay on screen until they are removed (Erase Picture) or replaced by a different picture on the same picture ID.

What I would do in this case is to set up a Parallel Process event like you have for the first map on your other map as well and have it erase the pictures and then erase itself (Erase Event), so that it clears the "parallax" graphic each time you enter the map.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorted the problem. disabled the bindpicturetomap altogether and used Kaus ultimate overlay instead. problem solved. Not only is it easier to use and faster too. But gone too is that initial lag spike I was having.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamy7i