Not open for further replies.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My ARCHER has no normal skill. As LEVEL 1 character, they supposedly no skills yet and only using normal attack.

Please help me! 

I have no problem in other class/weapons like sword and mace.

- I set everything in the right place.

- Im using YAP Battlecore engine and did not make any set up yet. I even try to turn it off for a while and run a battle test.

- Check my photos, maybe I miss something

Note:

I uploaded some photos to show you my problem. I dont know what software they are using to record their desktop.

For unkonwn reason, i cant install MS Express Screencoder 4. So I decided to just make a screenshot and upload here.

Sorry for my bad english!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're mixing up a lot of things here, so let's start by giving you some info about how the engine works.

1) Skill type NONE means that no actor will ever be able to use this skill - a skill needs a skill type (and the actor needs to know that skill type) to be usable at all

2) The ATTACK-Button will always use the skill with the ID#1 - no exceptions unless using plugins. This is also an override and one of the two exceptions when an actor can use a skill that is set to skill type none - because this overrides the need for a skill type.

If the attack button is unavailable, it means that the actor cannot use skill #1. So in addition to making the piercing skill unavailable to any actor, you also blocked the skill #1 from being used.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you show a screenshot of your normal attack skill (Skill #1) as well? The skill you made should not influence the normal attack, so I suspect you have (maybe unknowingly) made changes to the normal attack skill as well (e.g. setting a required weapon type there).

Edit: Oops, Andar was quicker

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you show a screenshot of your normal attack skill (Skill #1) as well? The skill you made should not influence the normal attack, so I suspect you have (maybe unknowingly) made changes to the normal attack skill as well (e.g. setting a required weapon type there).

Heres the SS of normal attack!

I have 4 classses :

Swordsman - sword slash for normal attack

Mage - mace for normal attack

Priest - mace and/or bow for normal attack

Archer - bow and crossbow for normal attack

I want my archer to use PIERCE (exclusive for archer only as normal)as his normal attack instead of Skill#1 (skill that can be used by sword and cane users only)

Untitled.png

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you set Sword and Cane as required weapon types for the normal attack. That means only actors with a sword or cane equipped are able to use the normal attack. Set both of the Required Weapon fields to None and you should be fine.

Edit: If you want to set Pierce as the Archer's normal attack, you will need a plugin. I believe Yanfly has something like that, I'll link it as soon as I find it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ryan1978 Please read my description of point 2 in my answer above.

The normal attack is skill #1 - always.

Since you require a sword or a cane for a normal attack, your classes like archer will never be able to attack unless they equip a sword or a cane.

See the skill note in skill #1

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ryan1978 Please read my description of point 2 in my answer above.

The normal attack is skill #1 - always.

Since you require a sword or a cane for a normal attack, your classes like archer will never be able to attack unless they equip a sword or a cane.

See the skill note in skill #1

Yes, you set Sword and Cane as required weapon types for the normal attack. That means only actors with a sword or cane equipped are able to use the normal attack. Set both of the Required Weapon fields to None and you should be fine.

Edit: If you want to set Pierce as the Archer's normal attack, you will need a plugin. I believe Yanfly has something like that, I'll link it as soon as I find it.

Now I get it, its not reallly possible to set a normal attack exclusive for one class only.

I set a ATTACK for weapon1 and 2 as NONE. Its working fine now. 

I do not know what happened lately but already done this process hahahaha! Maybe I really missed something, and its all my fault and i didnt figured it out.

Thanks a lot guys! You are all a great help!

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly, without plugins, all classes use Skill #1 as their normal attack. Good to hear that it works now!

If you still want to use different normal attacks for certain classes, here is the plugin I was talking about:

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/26/yep-51-weapon-unleash/

It can do more than just change the normal attack, but for what you want to achieve, placing the notetag <Replace Attack: 11> into the Archer class notebox will set the Archer's normal attack to skill #11. There is more information about that plugin in the video on the page I linked and in the plugin's Help text.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im having another problem now.

I made a skill (not normal attack) that swordsman can be use at Level3. 

I set it up, but in battle, while swordsman is using his skill for level 3, no sword slash animation appeared?

HOw can I fix it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What skill type is it? Is that skill type set as SV-Magic or as a physical attack in the system tab?

I really suggest you spend some time with the tutorials and the help file to learn what each part of the engine really does - it has too many details to learn everything by trial and error.

You can follow the link to the starting point in my signature to find those tutorials.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What skill type is it? Is that skill type set as SV-Magic or as a physical attack in the system tab?

I really suggest you spend some time with the tutorials and the help file to learn what each part of the engine really does - it has too many details to learn everything by trial and error.

You can follow the link to the starting point in my signature to find those tutorials.

It was from SV Magic skills from in the system tab

1.png

2.png

3.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was from SV Magic skills from in the system tab

I assume that "was" means you corrected that mistake? because of course it will not have an attack motion if it is classified as magic for sideview...

That's the entire reason why that field exist - to disable the physical attack motions for skills.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I assume that "was" means you corrected that mistake? because of course it will not have an attack motion if it is classified as magic for sideview...

That's the entire reason why that field exist - to disable the physical attack motions for skills.

Sorry, my english is bad,, my problem is still there. Sword animation is not showing in SV battle if I use sword skill as "skill" in SV Magic skills.

I want my swordsman to make a sword slashing animation when doing the skill "Sword Slash". if possible

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Sword animation is not showing in SV battle if I use sword skill as "skill" in SV Magic skills.

That is the reason.

Placing a skill typ into "SV Magic" prevents all skills of that skill type from using attack animations. you need to remove the skill types for weapon uses from SV Magic

Please work through the help files, even if you have problems reading english, you need to learn what the different options are intended for.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is the reason.

Placing a skill typ into "SV Magic" prevents all skills of that skill type from using attack animations. you need to remove the skill types for weapon uses from SV Magic

Please work through the help files, even if you have problems reading english, you need to learn what the different options are intended for.

You mean, all skills placed on "SV Magic skill" are not possible to make any sword animation or even bow animation?

Because I only see chanting then attack with bare hand.

And I cant find where will i put those skills other than SV MAGIC SKILL to be able to make a sword animation or bow.

I will try to read again the manual.   :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ryan1978 exactly - if you want a sword anymation, you do not put the skill type for those skills into magic, because it is magic that causes the chanting animation and disables the attack animation. And that meant you put the skill types for physical skills NOWHERE.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ryan1978 exactly - if you want a sword anymation, you do not put the skill type for those skills into magic, because it is magic that causes the chanting animation and disables the attack animation. And that meant you put the skill types for physical skills NOWHERE.

And that also means there is no way I can make swordsman's skill that show sword animation?

And I will just use chanting animation for swordsman's skill. 

Thanks for your reply. And sorry for asking too many questions. 

I read the help files and i didnt find the answer regarding the swordsman skill. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ryan1978 Of course you can make a swordsman skill have the show sword animation - you just have it use the weapon animation and require a sword as a weapon.

If the skill has a "normal attack animation", then it will use the animation assigned to the equipped weapon. If that weapon is a sword, it will show the sword animation (assuming that the sword type weapons are setup correctly). and if you want the skill only be usable with a sword, then set it to require a sword-type weapon.

ryan1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just found out that It took me almost 5 hrs to figure out how to do this sword skill showing a sword swinging.

Its giving me a headache already . :)  

I already set everything and the chanting motion is already gone but my character is still spreading his arms to cast the

"swordslash" as his skill motion instead of hold his sword and swing in front of enemy..

I dont want my swordsman spread his arm to slash a sword to an enemy hahahaha!6.png

I read the help files, search the youtube. And do what you have said.

Set the sword animation, remove SKILL in SV Magic window(tab or section, i dont know what you call that :D), and set the skill in level 3 with SWORD required.

I set the SWORD SLASH as SKILL and its not on the SV MAGIC window already.

Normal is attack is fine, it show the sword swinging motion .

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ryan1978 No, you didn't set everything. Read what I said above

If the skill has a "normal attack animation",

The animation of your skill is "slash effect", it is not "normal attack"

So as a result, you get exactly the slash effect (the yellow light shown in your last picture) as an animation and not the sword animation.

Game development is about details - there are reasons why every skill has those two or three dozen options, and each of them affects the display or the game mechanics in one way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nightmare... Dreamt I posted a GFX resource post. With a work in progress glove icon that tinted to different colors. In the wrong forum. And I was in such a panic. I saw people writing posts in response, those "..." you see in discord and such. So I frantically tried to report my post as wrong forum, editing to say it's the wrong forum and that I "accidentally" posted it too early... Very odd dream to be honest...
The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diorpancakes