FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just gonna leave the debug console log here (way too heavy to be uploaded as draft). These errors occured while I was trying to build the blank project template, so it probably has something to do with some installation done uncorrectly (cordova, sdk etc...).

EDIT: I think I might have avoided the worst of it. Attached the new log.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try removing the spaces from the path. Windows is pretty much the only platform that tolerates them.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope. Is it possible that VN Maker hasn't been optimized for JDK 9.0.1 yet? The guide says 7+ tough...

Last edited:

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi FoxySeta,

Cordova won't work with JDK 9. Also, the Android tools don't work properly with JDK 9. I work with Mac OsX High Sierra, but I think is gonna be similar to Windows.

Make sure you install JDK 1.8. I have both (1.8 and 9) installed on my machine

Setup your JAVA_HOME variable for JDK 1.8.

Change the extension of the file "Info.plist" located in "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/" to "Info.plist.disabled".

"Only for High Sierra" In Terminal type:

sudo chmod 755 "/Applications/Android Studio.app/Contents/gradle/gradle-4.1/bin/gradle"

This didn't only solve the problem with VN Maker, but also with Unity. Hopefully, everybody will update their tools to work with Java 9.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @Tomcat :kaoluv:
May I have a link to 1.8? I have no idea where to find one on oracle.com actually...

Last edited:

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Here it is FoxySeta,

Java SE Downloads

There you'll find the JDK and JRE for 1.8 and 9. Make sure to download and install the JDK.

Last edited:

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tomcat Yeah that's where I found 9, but there's no 1. 8 version. VN Maker help files linked to 8, but that's probably not the same thing.

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi FoxySeta, is under Java SE 8u151/ 8u152. Here is the direct link:

Java SE Development Kit 8 Downloads. Sorry for the confusion about version numbers. Here is better explained JDK 8 Naming.

After installing Java and typing "java -version" it should return java version "1.8.x" where x is the latest version installed.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tomcat Thanks, it installed correctly. In the end I should have just trusted the manual:kaosigh:
What about
Code:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/
(I know I'm bein' embarassingly noob but I just can't figure this out)?

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
FoxySeta, You can disregard my previous post, my bad. I'm assuming you have installed Java 8 and check that is installed successfully.

After installing Java, set properly the JAVA_HOME environment variable, here are the instructions from Java Oracle Help. Then follow the instructions in VN Maker for Testing and Deployment for Android. Make sure your ANDROID_HOME environment variable is set properly after installing Android Studio, the instructions are also in the following Cordova link. When installing Cordova, follow their instructions here Cordova Android Platform Guide. You should be able to build a test apk.

If everything goes well, jump into VN Maker, open the debug console, then build using Game > Build For > Android Cordova.

If you have any error, take note of your debug console window.

Last edited:

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
It looks like you have a problem in Gradle.

Did you build the hello apk and tested without problems?
When installing Cordova, follow their instructions here Cordova Android Platform Guide. You should be able to build a test apk.
Try to identify the problem. Restart your machine. Build a test apk in Android Studio, is successful try with the hello test apk from Cordova. Run it on the Emulator. Then try with VN Maker. That way you'll find which tool is giving the problem.

The error in your log is this:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap
It looks like when starting a Gradle Daemon the VM is trying to reserve 2GB and doesn't have enough space. Try decreasing it, you'll find the info here [URL='https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/build_environment.html#sec:gradle_configuration_properties']Configuring the build environment via gradle.properties[/URL]. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, I found one of my skill ability in my game is not worth picking and had to plan to buff it. But my players seemed to use it without complaining. Now, idk if I should buff it or leave it as is.
I have recently discovered a Limit breaker for RPGmaker VXA, needless to say this changes everything.also I really like the changes this website has made.
It seems that my favorite anime page finally kicked the bucket... :,c
work in progres c:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SorcererRed