waxing-pygmalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, everyone. I'm very new to the RPG Maker series, MV being the first and only installment I've ever used, so I've been doing a lot of research for it. Still, I'm having a problem with the Character Generator that I can't find a solution for.

I'll make the character, then export the face, walking animations, damage animations, and battle animations to the appropriate folder. I make sure to save each one with a $ in front of the name. The face and battle animations turn up just fine, but the walking animation will not turn up; my character is effectively invisible. The image of the sprite doesn't even show up in the database, though the face and battle sprite do.

I checked transparency to make sure it was off, just in case, though it seems to be a problem with the file itself. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The $ in front of the filenames is wrong. The generator exports the sprites into a regular 8-sprite-sheet (you can import an existing sheet and chose which of the 8 positions to use to reduce the number of files needed).

That means it is NOT a single sprite, and must not have the $ in its name - the $ is only for sprites that have the format of single spritesheets, not for exports that are part of an 8-sprite-sheet (no matter how many of those 8 positions are really used).

waxing-pygmalion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The $ in front of the filenames is wrong. The generator exports the sprites into a regular 8-sprite-sheet (you can import an existing sheet and chose which of the 8 positions to use to reduce the number of files needed).

That means it is NOT a single sprite, and must not have the $ in its name - the $ is only for sprites that have the format of single spritesheets, not for exports that are part of an 8-sprite-sheet (no matter how many of those 8 positions are really used).
I see! I must've misunderstood that from the other resources I read. So I just make the file name anything I want?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahbsz