JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello. Not sure if there's another Forum about this topic or not. Or if I'm in the right place to discuss this. Yes, this is MZ.

I notice when trying to deploy the game and then adding things that won't recognize it as being part of the game with it. I clicked on the Plugin and saw that even the Paid Plugins are shown. Which came to my mind, anyone can steal it and use it for themselves. Not that I would mind but I'm more worried if the Creators of the plugins would mind.

I guess my question would be... am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to "encrypt" that folder so that it'd work but not show?

The only Deployment option it gives me is Encrypt Audio and Pictures.

Jac

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am no expert, but as far as i know, videos and plugins wont get encrypted , that wasnt your fault, its how it works by default..

If Plugin creators want to protect their coding, they can do it like SRD does it with his Plugins..
(he uses his own coding style and that requires his core plugin to make his other plugins work.. these plugins are also not encrypted in the projects, but nobody can just copy paste code_Parts and use it for other Stuff)

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah. Sorry for taking so long to reply! And thank you for your quick reply. I was more worried that others can copy the files for themselves. But as long as I don't get in trouble for it, I think it'd be alright. I just don't want to over step my boundary. Plus, it's a free game. Lol. I'm using VisuStella plugin and I did pay for it but fear hurting them in any way. I have another RPG Maker friend that wanted to know and I figured the best place to really know is by asking on here.
Thank you again, @Dopan for you quick reply.

TheouAegis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You know, you can also compress the whole game into a single .exe file with Enigma Virtual Box

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know, you can also compress the whole game into a single .exe file with Enigma Virtual Box
I did not know that! Lol. Thank you for pointing this out. I had no idea about Enigma Virtual Box. I will be sure to give it a try. Thank you very much! I appreciate it.

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever you choose to do, know that you are not required to encrypt the plugins.
And no one will ask you why you didn't. (Since you're not required to. And since using third party softwares like Enigma Virtual box, can create technical and performance issues.)

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whatever you choose to do, know that you are not required to encrypt the plugins.
And no one will ask you why you didn't. (Since you're not required to. And since using third party softwares like Enigma Virtual box, can create technical and performance issues.)

Alright. Thanks for telling me. I did try to use Enigma Virtual Box but couldn't figure out how to use it. Haha. :guffaw: Thanks again, @SigmaSuccour . I just wanted to make sure no one gets hurt in any way before deploying the game.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/
It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...
1618970067646.png
Feedback would be appreciated. To me it feels like the Dad does look a bit too normal and boring.
I think he's missing some features that make him more unique. Opinions?
recovering from surgery that covid caused me to have, im back trying to work on the newer engine on my game. We will see how this goes. I have no idea what to do about conversions
The wings got worse than I expected ... but for now it looks like this:
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natzma