Problem with event priority

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by BlackLiquidSorrow, Sep 7, 2017.

1. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Okay so I made an elevator event and it works perfectly. However when I copied it over to another map one part of the event doesn't work. What's supposed to happen is that the player presses a button, gets in the elevator, and then the elevator automatically closes. But whenever I try to get in the elevator I am unable to, despite the fact that the tile is set to below characters.

Here's a screenshot, keep in mind this worked perfectly on the other map.
    [​IMG]

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What tile is the elevator on? If it is on a tile that is not passable, then the player can never walk on it, no matter what priority you set the event on.

3. BlackLiquidSorrow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The wall is set to impassible but the same thing was on the previous map and it was working

4. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The wall has to be set to be passable for it to work, as there is no way for you to get on the event to trigger it (below player requires you to get on the tile to trigger it). So if it worked before you either did not have it on an unpassabile tile (if you put a decoration that is passable, it will overwrite your settings), or two you had it on a different event priority. Those are the only options, as it is impossible for an event to run that is below players on a tile you cannot stand on.

5. BlackLiquidSorrow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, that didn't work either. I don't know what I did the first time but I wasn't able to recreate it. In any case, I found another method so this topic can be closed.

6. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The best way to make this work is to make the event same as characters. That way you can interact with it. If you want the player to walk into the elevator, you'll have to do a set move route -> player -> Through on. Just remember to do one to turn through off later, or you'll be walking through walls.