Problem with Exporting to Mac...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by KrimsonKatt, Jul 12, 2019.

1. KrimsonKatt

KrimsonKatt Pyromancer Veteran

Neo Arcadia, Nabes Desert, Kingdom of Nogarde
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, KrimsonKatt here. So I just released an unstable version of 1.4 for Generic RPG Quest 3. So far, my versions have only been for PC. However, my dad only has a Mac so I will need to post a Mac version if I want my Dad to play. I was able to successfully deploy my project for mac, but when I tried to zip the folder it wouldn't zip. Do you have any ideas on how I could zip these files? I think it has to do something with my PC being unable to read Mac files/folders due to it being a PC. (I have a windows 10 hp laptop if that helps) I think I might be able to turn the file into a RAR so I could post it. Do you have any idea on how deploying to mac on a pc works and if it's even possible to do correctly? I need this answered before Friday the 11th if possible. Thanks.

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Unfortunately the developer of a MAC wants you developing for MAC's on MAC's, so you really have to compress your game on a MAC first for it to work well.

3. KrimsonKatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the reply. I already have a plan. You can close this post now lol.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KrimsonKatt
    The entire output folder of the mac deployment will become the app on the MacOS - but to transform that it'll need a flag that doesn't exist on the windows OS, so it remains as a folder there.

You should be able to take the folder on an USB to a MacOS and then convert it to an app by repairing that flag there.
    (All MacOS-Apps are hidden folders that could even be opened to access their files if you know how)

If that is not possible, ask your dad to install steam on the Mac Computer, then login to your account there and run RMMV on the mac - you can then transfer the project folder and create the app directly on the computer.

5. KrimsonKatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I acually already have steam and MV on my dad's computer. The project file is also already on a h-drive. (A two terabyte one to be exact.) I'll add the Mac folder to the h-drive as well. Thanks for the tips!

P.S. I'm also bringing my laptop as well to my dad's house. Everything will be fine. :kaojoy: