Problem with High resolutions and Victor's Animated Battle

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well the bow attack doesn't seem quite right, check the problem out here. Also attacks with a sword or a melee weapon takes longer when the resolution is larger.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem you are having sounds like it has something to do with the engine slowing down associated with using higher resolutions, fullscreen, and/or lower end hardware (e.g. Intel Atom).

Try using Dekita's "Show FPS on Start-up" script to find out what your FPS rate is in battle. However, it cannot be displayed in fullscreen mode since it shows up in the windowed mode tab.

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The problem you are having sounds like it has something to do with the engine slowing down associated with using higher resolutions, fullscreen, and/or lower end hardware (e.g. Intel Atom).

Try using Dekita's "Show FPS on Start-up" script to find out what your FPS rate is in battle. However, it cannot be displayed in fullscreen mode since it shows up in the windowed mode 
but there is no frame rate drop, the problem is that there is a big distance between the hero and enemy when changing to a higher resolution so the hero has to move more steps to attack. 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you can try Yami's Battle Symphony Engine instead?

I do not seem to be having the problem you are stating with this battle engine.

But I have not, as yet, tried ranged animations, so I cannot confirm if it will be better.

https://yamiworld.wordpress.com/

Click on the github link for the scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe you can try Yami's Battle Symphony Engine instead?

I do not seem to be having the problem you are stating with this battle engine.

But I have not, as yet, tried ranged animations, so I cannot confirm if it will be better.

https://yamiworld.wordpress.com/

Click on the github link for the scripts.
I am having problem with that as well. my problem 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For Yami's Battle Symphony Engine, you had to set the default positions of the actors, unlike the enemy troops.

I can see where the problem comes in when you start changing resolutions in-game.

If you are still interested in testing out another side-view battle system, you can try TheoAllen's Theolized Sideview Battle System, if you have not yet already. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]I have not personally tried it, but you may have better luck with it. His battle system seems quite flexible and impressive as well. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]At the very least, he is active, and may be able to assist you with any issues you may come across with his script.[/SIZE]

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/29231-theolized-sideview-battle-system-version-14-patch/

Other than that, all I can say is that I hope a scripter will come along to help you with either Victor's or Yami's script.

Sorry to have wasted your time, and good luck!

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try Theo's side view system, it offers more options and the creator is currently actively fixing bugs (plus it is the best one with the most options).

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try Theo's side view system, it offers more options and the creator is currently actively fixing bugs (plus it is the best one with the most options).
Yeah but victor's one lets me use both kaduki and holder sprites, but Theo's script only let's me use one type of sprite unfortunately :(

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I use holders sprites with theo's.

All you have to do is divide the sheet up into smaller segments

Sakif X9

Level 99 Persona User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use holders sprites with theo's.

All you have to do is divide the sheet up into smaller segments
Can you teach me how to do that, since I use kaduki for the heroes and holders for the enemies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.
Decided to focus on mapping for once. I've pumped out 15* new maps over the past two days' work, including two larger ones that involved some kinda fancy parallax stuff.

*should actually be 17 by the end of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend20