UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a boss that I set to immortal at the start of battle, then when HP reaches zero it plays an animation and then removes immortal. The problem is that when its HP reaches zero before all the hits are done, the custom animation plays and then the player skill continues and then the boss dies. I want the skill to abort as soon as the boss HP reaches zero. What's the easiest way to fix this? I found a thread that said this is caused by the BattleEngineCore plugin and that you could do it with the action sequences but I couldn't figure it out. I don't have an action sequence specifically for multiple hits. I just use this one that repeats multiple times:

<target action>

motion swing: user

motion wait: user

action animation: target

wait: 25

action effect: target

wait: 5

death break

wait: 20

</target action>

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
collapse: target
If the target is to be dead at this point, this will be the point in the
action sequence where you can promt the game to kill the target as long
as the target has 0 HP.

UmbyPokochan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
collapse: target
If the target is to be dead at this point, this will be the point in the
action sequence where you can promt the game to kill the target as long
as the target has 0 HP.
do you know where to put it? I tried putting it right after death break but it didn't do anything.

EDIT: I found a plugin called Action Sequence Nested If in this thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/action-sequence-nested-if.79325/

Then made my action sequence look like this:
Code:
<target action>
if target.hp <= 0
wait:1
else
motion thrust: user
motion wait: user
action animation: target
wait: 25
action effect: target
wait: 5
death break
wait: 20
end
</target action>
This solves my problem with the battle event but causes a second one. The skill is supposed to attack 3 random enemies, but sometimes it only does 2 attacks if both targets die. I can't figure out how to fix that part. How can I get it to only choose targets that are alive? I tried putting "target: existing enemies" but it didn't work.

EDIT 2: If I buy Irina's Action Sequence Impact it will give me access to "next target" ... will that help? i don't want to buy it if it won't do what I need.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions