Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
There is a big problem with playing music files in VN Maker. All files are in OGG format, imported with the same codec.

But VN Maker just won't play some files for no apparent reason. One file will be played, another will not. It seems completely arbitrary.

I have tested the affected files in other music programs such as VLC or Audacity, and they run there without any problems.

This is very annoying because the music packages aren't cheap either and now I can't use them.

Has anyone an idea of the reasons why?

Ah, I have also tested different file formats. The Problem is the same when I use .wav or .mp3.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you give examples of some the filenames of music that doesn't work as opposed to filenames that work? I don't know if VNM is the same as MV/MZ in requiring all filenames to follow networking rules.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If your song has a period in the filename as "7. Battle Theme" then it wont run. Also if the OGG file is being mean. What I do is convert it into a different format and then back into an OGG. There were a handful of times I had to do that.

Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
For example, I have that problem with these files in the screenshot.

AeroPergold, I have tried what you did suggest, but that didn't work. The songs aren's playing yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 3

Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
For example, I have that problem with these files in the screenshot.

AeroPergold, I have tried what you did suggest, but that didn't work. The songs aren's playing yet.

I think, the hashtag # is the problem. All files with a # in their names don't work. But even when I rename them or convert them into different file formats with new names, nothing changes.
For example: I have a file named "Scary Theme #1.wav". It doesn't work. I change the file name to "Scary Theme.wav" - nothing.
I convert to "Scary Theme.ogg" - nothing.
I convert the ogg fileto mp3 "ScaryTheme.mp3" and then back to ogg - nothing.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the spaces should also be removed from the filenames as they will cause problems on deployment later.

additionally, how do you convert and with what codec?
because if you use an audioconverter with one of the more extreme codecs, the player of the engine might not be able to handle that codec.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Is there a console to analyze if an error returns?

Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
the spaces should also be removed from the filenames as they will cause problems on deployment later.

additionally, how do you convert and with what codec?
because if you use an audioconverter with one of the more extreme codecs, the player of the engine might not be able to handle that codec.
I used the VLC player with the Theora Vorbis codec. Now I've tried again with Audacity. As AeroPergold
suggested, I removed all spaces and converted them to different formats several times. Now it's working. Many Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
PRODUCTIVE DAY! I think I FINALLY completed all the items for part 1 of Fallen Feather, that includes the animations, the stats, the pricing, etc. for weapons, armors, key and consumables! all i need to be 100% done is write a few more descriptions (only 10 left out of the 40+ items) and to find some nice pants icons (dont ask lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolfspace