Problem with Quintessence Animation FPS

InnocentGhost

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've looked all over the internet and tried everything to get this animation pack to properly show the same animation rates as RTP animations. I've used Yanfly's core engine and FPS Synch, another plugin called AnimationFrameRate, which is supposed to change individual animation frame rates. I've tried creating an animation using half the frames from one of the animations in Quintessence, but no matter what I do, it's always playing at half speed. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

I've moved this thread to Animations Collection. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean with "half speed"?
Maybe a Picture of your Animation Page in the Database could also help.

InnocentGhost

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

[move]Animations Collection[/move]
Sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know.

What do you mean with "half speed"?
Maybe a Picture of your Animation Page in the Database could also help.
Since it's a paid DLC, I don't know if I'm able to post the image. Basically the animation is optimized for use in either 30 FPS or 60 FPS settings, but the engine's default FPS is 15. So the animation should be playing, for example, for one second, but with the extra frames it's playing for two seconds instead. I'm trying to get the animation in question to play at 15 FPS, either using plugins, or using RPG Maker's animation engine itself, but I'm having no luck.

PitjePitjePitje

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly's core engine has a setting for this. There might be others, but I know for sure yanfly's plugin works.

Spctorres

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly's core engine has a setting for this. There might be others, but I know for sure yanfly's plugin works.
What is the setting in the engine that allows you to change this? I have looked thru the demo and i did not see a FPS setting. The demo that comes with the pack says that it is set to 60fps but i see no option in Yanfly's core engine or battle engine.

taetim88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using Yanfly's .js files that come with this, you can edit CoreEngine (not BattleEngineCore) and change the Rate to 1 for 60FPS. But this is a universal change, and your old 15FPS animations will all execute in 1/4 of a second.

1578250544960.png

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a notetag for the skill that alters the FPS for that specific skill so I can have 60FPS on this Quitessence content while maintaining the 15 FPS on the default animations that come with the game? I have been trying to find an answer to that and I can't seem to turn anything up. I just know notetags can override global settings and alter specific abilities.

Attachments

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe try removing unneeded frames to make it seem faster? Not sure how it will work. I've never had animation issues to be honest

taetim88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe try removing unneeded frames to make it seem faster? Not sure how it will work. I've never had animation issues to be honest
Thanks J-G! Yeah that's one of the work arounds I thought about but I wanted to save that as a last resort since I would have to do that every time I start a new project; it would be easier to use JavaScript and notetags cause I can just import the plugin to new Projects. People use notetags to override the animation used with <Casting Animation: x> so I figured there must be a way to use either Yanfly's .js files or create my own to override the FPS using notetags.

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you simply make the animation to your liking. Save the js file for that animation and then have it in the main software. So that whenever you make a new project. The animation is already available with the set frames you made it just make sure the source for the animations is also in the image folder.
That's how I do it for my tilesets. So the new ones become included whenever I make a new project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaloyaarchal